The MT-07 Forum

FZ-07 Light Tourer

twowheeladdict

twowheeladdict

I have had my Givi V35 hard bags since 2008. When I purchased them, I told myself I would always own a bike that could use them. The FZ-07 is the third bike I have attached these bags to.
412476039.jpg
412476038.jpg
412476037.jpg
412476034.jpg
When you buy the Givi racks, you have a choice of adding the trunk plate, or just arms to hold the side bags.  I already have a Givi trunk that I used on my '12 Concours, so decided to go with the trunk plate in case I want to do a loaded down trip with this bike.
412476029.jpg
412476031.jpg
412476032.jpg
412476033.jpg
I have the Admorelights LED Run/Turn/Brake lights in the saddlebags, added to the Skenedesign LEDS Run/Brake, this bike is lit up nice in the rear.
412476028.jpg
Now to save up for the engine guards which will hold my Denali lights I had on the Versys, maybe some Skenedesign photon blasters, and hand guards.  I will decide after a few long rides whether a little taller windscreen is needed.  Definitely not for summer riding in the southeast though.

• Like 5

2015 FZ-07

kakusaizou

Very nice, this was going to be my setup too. Bought the racks and V35 panniers and everything. We do a 1 week long distance trip every year and I soon realized the FZ-07 wasn't going to cut it anymore so I didn't get a chance to mount anything.

• 1 month later...
captainfz07
I have had my Givi V35 hard bags since 2008. When I purchased them, I told myself I would always own a bike that could use them. The FZ-07 is the third bike I have attached these bags to. 412476039.jpg
412476038.jpg
412476037.jpg
412476034.jpg
When you buy the Givi racks, you have a choice of adding the trunk plate, or just arms to hold the side bags.  I already have a Givi trunk that I used on my '12 Concours, so decided to go with the trunk plate in case I want to do a loaded down trip with this bike.
412476029.jpg
412476031.jpg
412476032.jpg
412476033.jpg
I have the Admorelights LED Run/Turn/Brake lights in the saddlebags, added to the Skenedesign LEDS Run/Brake, this bike is lit up nice in the rear.
412476028.jpg
Now to save up for the engine guards which will hold my Denali lights I had on the Versys, maybe some Skenedesign photon blasters, and hand guards.  I will decide after a few long rides whether a little taller windscreen is needed.  Definitely not for summer riding in the southeast though.

Nice set up, how are they mounted? I have a fender elimination kit will they still work? Thanks

I did similiar with my GiVi ( labelled "husqvana") hards and modded the brackets to fit. They are the squarer trek 33n so not as roomy as yours ( won't fit a helmet)

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

twowheeladdict
Nice set up, how are they mounted? I have a fender elimination kit will they still work? Thanks
Probably better off having the stock fender.  I did have these on my Ninja 650 with fender elimination kit. 
I sed the official Givi rack system for the V35s.

2015 FZ-07

• 2 years later...
HoosierInBayern

Sorry to bring this up after 3 years, but I've found a used set of Givi V35s with mounting hw at a good price. I'm wondering whether it will fit without the stock tail and if the side panels have to be modified (cut). How does the mount look with the bags removed? Thanks

Now that his thread has a pulse once again … If a person has their bags loaded and wants to take them say, inside a hotel room, how do you go about disconnecting the wiring for the lights on them? Thanks!

Beemer

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, Beemer said:

Now that his thread has a pulse once again … If a person has their bags loaded and wants to take them say, inside a hotel room, how do you go about disconnecting the wiring for the lights on them? Thanks!

There's normally a quick disconnect designed into the wiring to allow bag removal when needed. Some are more  easily accessed than others. The nicest ones I've seen have a weatherproof port on the outside of the bag that the wiring is plugged into that you can unplug prior to bag removal.

• Thanks 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.