The MT-07 Forum

*UPDATE* So my FZ got a sibling!

motomeek

• Premium Member

STORY TIME: Since I sold our CBR250R, my fiancé and I have been sharing the FZ07. It worked for the last 6 months since I was carpooling at my last job and when I needed to ride to work, she'd just drive. 

Welp, the weather has been warming up and with a new job, we realized we both wanted to ride. And sharing wasn't plausible anymore.

Since the fiancé wasn't ready to pull the trigger on a new bike, she left it up to me to choose another one as she's fallen in love with the FZ. I'll still be on the forum, but participating in things like the Riding Game, if any of you have noticed... I haven't played in a long time... I'll be more absent :-[ .

It's a 2016 Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle.

If you thought the FZ had a twitchy throttle, this is even twitchier. The riding position is similar but you'll definitely feel the difference when you're taking a turn. And it juuuust slightly lower in seat height by an inch or so. Embracing the yellow and can't wait to get a CA legacy plate to match.  

[attachment id=1671" thumbnail="1]

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member
ch3rryghost

Damnnnnn girl! Nice pickup. Congrats and enjoy. What other bikes were you looking at?? Let's meet up soon :D

I just read the cycle world article comparing those two bikes and the triumph. Triumph win out, but I'm guessing they're all fun to ride. Congrats!

• Premium Member
Damnnnnn girl! Nice pickup. Congrats and enjoy. What other bikes were you looking at?? Let's meet up soon :D
It's more what wasn't I looking at? I just knew I wanted something commuter friendly aka comfortable riding position and not too expensive. 
I had my eyes on the Thruxton R, but after seeing it on the showroom floor, checking out its specs, it ended up not being a good fit for my needs or my pocket. 

But yes - Let's!

• Premium Member
I just read the cycle world article comparing those two bikes and the triumph. Triumph win out, but I'm guessing they're all fun to ride. Congrats!
Thanks! 
This article?

I test rode the Triumph as well, but wasn't impressed. It's not twitchy, but it felt powerless... 
And the exhaust pipe, even with a shield gets waaaaay too hot. My demo ride was 20 minutes in cool 60 degree weather and was noticeable. Also, at my height, it was bulky and uncomfortable to get me left around the pipe to the foot pegs. 

The Triumphs are beautiful, the Ducati is lighter and more comfortable to ride.

• Global Moderator

NNOOOOOOOoooooooo........

Meek has left the fizzy world too :(
Why do this to ys

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Guest 2wheeler

Congrats, and please occasionally post Scrambler/FZ comparisons.

In a 3 month time period, I went from wanting a Moto Guzzi V7 Stone, to a Ducati Scrambler, to getting my FZ. I actually like the looks of the MG and the Duc better than my FZ. I rode the MG, and to say that is an experience would be an understatement, but in comparison to the FZ, I never regreted not getting the MG. The Duc is another story as I never rode it, and still wonder what it would have been like having that bike.

So let us know what you think about your new toy.

• Premium Member
NNOOOOOOOoooooooo........ 
Meek has left the fizzy world too :(
Why do this to ys
I'll still be around! I just won't be riding the FZ unless the fiancé frees it up. 

• Premium Member
Congrats, and please occasionally post Scrambler/FZ comparisons. 
In a 3 month time period, I went from wanting a Moto Guzzi V7 Stone, to a Ducati Scrambler, to getting my FZ. I actually like the looks of the MG and the Duc better than my FZ. I rode the MG, and to say that is an experience would be an understatement, but in comparison to the FZ, I never regreted not getting the MG. The Duc is another story as I never rode it, and still wonder what it would have been like having that bike.

So let us know what you think about your new toy.

Sure! I'll make an update after I've ridden it for a bit longer.  
I know Ducati is doing a tour around the country test riding all their models. They're in SoCal right now... unfortunately, I don't know their schedule. I was lucky enough to get a test drive on a friend's prior to purchasing it. 

At least you are honest about it. I told myself I'll still be riding the FZ07 but I've only ridden it once for 30 minutes in the last month.  The FZ07 is pretty much my wife's bike now.

Gratz on the new bike. I always loved the way the Ducati Scrambler looks. Be sure to do a full review and comparison on the other bikes board here! ;)

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

Thanks! 
This article?

No it wasn't that article. It was in the magazine this month. It compared the fz07, the scrambler and the triumph.

• Premium Member
At least you are honest about it. I told myself I'll still be riding the FZ07 but I've only ridden it once for 30 minutes in the last month.  The FZ07 is pretty much my wife's bike now. 
Gratz on the new bike. I always loved the way the Ducati Scrambler looks. Be sure to do a full review and comparison on the other bikes board here! ;)

Haha, it's only the truth. She isn't willing to ride the Duc around since it's my "new baby". So until I get some sliders on it, I don't think she'll be willing to switch. I would ideally love to alternate between the two. 

2 sexy ladies on 2 sexy machines!  Can't wait to hear it ... lots of luck and I hope you post often.  The duc is se-duc-tive.  My previous bike was a Triumph Triple (2k Tbird).  Very well made,, a bit top heavy, but i hated the carbs.

It's a 2016 Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle.

If you thought the FZ had a twitchy throttle, this is even twitchier. The riding position is similar but you'll definitely feel the difference when you're taking a turn. And it juuuust slightly lower in seat height by an inch or so. Embracing the yellow and can't wait to get a CA legacy plate to match.  

• Premium Member

The Ducati Scrambler was the bike that got me on the "I need a new bike" thing. Then I saw the FZ-09 and thought that might be a nice bike, then they came out with the FZ-07 and the reviews were so mind boggling that I decided to go for it. I still think the Scrambler is the best looking of the bunch and would love to ride one. But... I'm completely happy with my FZ-07. They really are the two bikes that have reignited the middleweight naked segment (that was almost non-existent) prior to them. You and your love have two awesome bikes!

Why can't left turners see us?

ARRRRGH! Mutiny!!!  P-)

[attachment id=1673" thumbnail="1]

I kid, you're well liked so stick around, you're still a fellow biker and that's what really matters. To be honest, I like the looks of the Duc better myself and the seat looks to be more comfy. As someone else mentioned, keep us informed of how you like your new bike and more pics or it's the plank!

Beemer

• Premium Member

Well here's a POST 600 MILE SERVICE update

I was hitting a lot of false neutrals within the 800+ miles prior to getting the service done. The throttle was twitchy, which kept you more on your toes than the FZ did.

Now with the service done, the false neutrals have dropped significantly. I hadn't had one since the service 4 days ago until this morning. And now the throttle is sooooo much smoother, it's practically like riding the FZ.

Let's see... other differences between the two...

–Seat: It is super cushiony compared to the stock FZ seat. I'm still getting use to the shape as it seems to jive with my lady parts a bit differently than any bike I've sat on before HAHA. TMI? Moving on... the Full Throttle seat comes stock with the tacky seat material in the rider area, so scooting around sometimes means I need to lift my ass up.

-Levers: I recently switched them out with Pazzo levers since I have tiny hands. But I switch my levers out on every bike.

-Mirrors: They have been the bane of my existence on this bike. Whoever tightened them up on the ball socket did them so tight that I can't seem to loosen them up. Now with the new levers, I thought I could bring up the whole cluster back to its stock position... but that wasn't the case. I digress.

-Wind: This bike doesn't seem to bother me so much as the FZ... maybe it's because I'm seated lower than on the FZ to the handlebars, so getting hit by the wind hasn't been so bad. I plan not buy a windscreen, so I could just be dealing with it.

-Suspension: Seems all good.

I've purchased a few more parts for protection. Apparently they need a signature to be dropped off, so it's been a game of tag with the delivery. Hope to get them today!
I have a few other mods in the works, but those are more cosmetic... and I said I wasn't going to spend so much on this bike when I got it.... but we all know how that goes.

Ah yes, the false neutrals. I remember hearing about that on the scrambler. Man, I've only felt false neutral once (not on the FZ) and that is alarming the very first time.

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

I fell in love with the looks of the Triumph Scrambler, bought one from the other side of the country on eBay, and then found out how BIG it is. I was finally able to get comfortable on it with a Roland Sands seat, but the weight remained a problem with only limited power and top-heavy design. Then I found a sophisticated buyer of more appropriate size (5'8" compared to my 5'6") who gave it a good home. I bought my FZ-07 the next day. Love it. Maybe a Duc some day when I'm a much better rider...

"jive with my lady parts a bit differently than any bike I've sat on before HAHA. TMI?"

[attachment id=1682" thumbnail="1]Nah, please do proceed.... lol!

Beemer

Congrats on the bike. I myself to have a Duc and the scrambler was one of the bikes on my list. Have fun and ride safe.

Well here's a POST 600 MILE SERVICE update 
Let's see... other differences between the two...

*** Muhahahaha! :)

–Seat: It is super cushiony compared to the stock FZ seat. I'm still getting use to the shape as it seems to jive with my lady parts a bit differently than any bike I've sat on before HAHA. TMI? Moving on... the Full Throttle seat comes stock with the tacky seat material in the rider area, so scooting around sometimes means I need to lift my ass up.

*** Won't catch any guys admitting to this ;)

-Levers: I recently switched them out with Pazzo levers since I have tiny hands. But I switch my levers out on every bike.

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

*2.8K/2.5 MONTH UPDATE*

[attachment id=1917" thumbnail="1]

MODS
-Protective sliders and guards
-Removed the mud guard
-Added rim tape
-Ceramic coated the exhaust black
-Powder coated heat shield black
-Powder coated foot pegs black
-Added tank pad

Other than the possibility of new mirrors, this is pretty much where I want it to be. I'm pretty stoked with it, especially since it happened in half the time I expected. My friend who also got a few things blacked out is also a mechanic. He was very generous in taking the parts off and putting them back on, as well as managing the transportation and delivery for the parts to the coating places.

NEW OBSERVATIONS
-HOOOOTTT LEGS: Now with the weather heating up, the cons of an air-cooled engine have reared its head. When I put a leg down at a stop, the heat blows right onto my inner thigh... It gets so hot, it feels like I could get a 1st degree burn if I left it long enough. The exhaust pipes got a copper coating on the inside, so I hope that'll make enough of a difference. 

-PILLION RIDING: Sooo different between the FZ. Since the pillion is in more of a parallel/neutral seating position, it seems to be way more comfortable for the both of us. The pillion doesn't feel like they're going to squish forward into me at a stop like the FZ does. 

Welp. That's about it. 

This MAY NOT be the case but are both mirrors impossible to release. Many bikes used to and some still do have a left hand thread on one mirror to stop the wind undoing them ( that was the reasoning). Would not surprise me if Duc's still did it. Just a thought.

Also heard that Duc's are sensitive to oil when it comes to gearchanges. Some oils make then a complete pain. My Cagiva ( at that stage made by Ducati) had that problem. It HATED Motul. And my F800R BMW was also sensitive to brand ( can't remember which one it didn't like). Change the oil brand and slippery gear changes immediately ensued. I suspect it has to do with the clutch as well but can't confirm that.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Very nice!!!! I'd be reluctant to get an air cooled bike, but would be nice in the cold months I'll bet.  How does the DUC sound?  Most DUC's I've heard are sexxxxxy.  The style and colors are awesome.  Hope it's reliable.

*2.8K/2.5 MONTH UPDATE*

MODS
-Protective sliders and guards
-Removed the mud guard
-Added rim tape
-Ceramic coated the exhaust black
-Powder coated heat shield black
-Powder coated foot pegs black
-Added tank pad

Other than the possibility of new mirrors, this is pretty much where I want it to be. I'm pretty stoked with it, especially since it happened in half the time I expected. My friend who also got a few things blacked out is also a mechanic. He was very generous in taking the parts off and putting them back on, as well as managing the transportation and delivery for the parts to the coating places.

NEW OBSERVATIONS
-HOOOOTTT LEGS: Now with the weather heating up, the cons of an air-cooled engine have reared its head. When I put a leg down at a stop, the heat blows right onto my inner thigh... It gets so hot, it feels like I could get a 1st degree burn if I left it long enough. The exhaust pipes got a copper coating on the inside, so I hope that'll make enough of a difference. 

-PILLION RIDING: Sooo different between the FZ. Since the pillion is in more of a parallel/neutral seating position, it seems to be way more comfortable for the both of us. The pillion doesn't feel like they're going to squish forward into me at a stop like the FZ does. 

Welp. That's about it. 

Archived