MODS
-Protective sliders and guards
-Removed the mud guard
-Added rim tape
-Ceramic coated the exhaust black
-Powder coated heat shield black
-Powder coated foot pegs black
-Added tank pad

Other than the possibility of new mirrors, this is pretty much where I want it to be. I'm pretty stoked with it, especially since it happened in half the time I expected. My friend who also got a few things blacked out is also a mechanic. He was very generous in taking the parts off and putting them back on, as well as managing the transportation and delivery for the parts to the coating places.

NEW OBSERVATIONS
-HOOOOTTT LEGS: Now with the weather heating up, the cons of an air-cooled engine have reared its head. When I put a leg down at a stop, the heat blows right onto my inner thigh... It gets so hot, it feels like I could get a 1st degree burn if I left it long enough. The exhaust pipes got a copper coating on the inside, so I hope that'll make enough of a difference. 

-PILLION RIDING: Sooo different between the FZ. Since the pillion is in more of a parallel/neutral seating position, it seems to be way more comfortable for the both of us. The pillion doesn't feel like they're going to squish forward into me at a stop like the FZ does. 

Welp. That's about it. 

waitaminute!  Is that an actual Scrambler on DIRT?!

• Premium Member
This MAY NOT be the case but are both mirrors impossible to release. Many bikes used to and some still do have a left hand thread on one mirror to stop the wind undoing them ( that was the reasoning). Would not surprise me if Duc's still did it. Just a thought. 
Also heard that Duc's are sensitive to oil when it comes to gearchanges. Some oils make then a complete pain. My Cagiva ( at that stage made by Ducati) had that problem. It HATED Motul. And my F800R BMW was also sensitive to brand ( can't remember which one it didn't like). Change the oil brand and slippery gear changes immediately ensued. I suspect it has to do with the clutch as well but can't confirm that.
Thanks for the insight. I'll definitely look into it when I have time to mess with the mirrors.  
And as for the oil, I'll keep that in mind. The bike comes with a SHELL oil sticker, so I'm assuming that's what in it stock. 

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member
Very nice!!!! I'd be reluctant to get an air cooled bike, but would be nice in the cold months I'll bet.  How does the DUC sound?  Most DUC's I've heard are sexxxxxy.  The style and colors are awesome.  Hope it's reliable.
Since I got the Full Throttle model, it comes with a Termignoni stock exhaust. By stock, I mean it still covers all the legal bases and has a cat to it. It doesn't sound like a tiny lawn mower like the FZ's stock, but it's also not that loud once you hit the road.

Here's a clip I found off youtube. 

[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRjpO4pJQU0]

• Premium Member

@yamahazaki - I laugh at the face of danger, HAHAHAHAHA. 

Sorry, you made me quote the Lion King. 

Very nice ride!  Me like.  Good luck and come back often! ;)

Very nice!!!! I'd be reluctant to get an air cooled bike, but would be nice in the cold months I'll bet.  How does the DUC sound?  Most DUC's I've heard are sexxxxxy.  The style and colors are awesome.  Hope it's reliable.
Since I got the Full Throttle model, it comes with a Termignoni stock exhaust. By stock, I mean it still covers all the legal bases and has a cat to it. It doesn't sound like a tiny lawn mower like the FZ's stock, but it's also not that loud once you hit the road. 

• Global Moderator
Very nice ride!  Me like.  Good luck and come back often! ;)

We've tried to get rid of her but the blight of the white fz is still around..so she stays :P

ive seen/heard a couple of the scamblers with the term exh... they sound nice goin down the road.. but arent much in comparison to the fz with the same exh

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member

@sorkyah, I don't think @jerryv has noticed that I haven't left....

The wife is better about sharing the FZ, so I get to ride it still. But regardless, I enjoy the forum because of all the cool people on here.

Archived