The MT-07 Forum

Seat upgrade

bigdaddybane

bigdaddybane

I'm planning to upgrade stock seats 'cause my lady wants to ride with me. I read pretty much all post about Seat Concepts, Yamaha Comfort and Corbin but I still can't figure out which brand offers best riding comfort not only for rider but passenger as well. Any suggestion and feedback will be greatly appreciated. 

I absolutely love my Corbin. It is incredibly comfortable and the back stop is in the perfect place, plus if you can take it to a dealer they will custom shape your seat. I didn't do that, but I have zero complaints. Plus they have the optional removable backrest for the passenger, if that's something your lady would prefer. I absolutely recommend this product.

bigdaddybane
I absolutely love my Corbin. It is incredibly comfortable and the back stop is in the perfect place, plus if you can take it to a dealer they will custom shape your seat. I didn't do that, but I have zero complaints. Plus they have the optional removable backrest for the passenger, if that's something your lady would prefer. I absolutely recommend this product.
Thanks for your feedback. I think I leaning towards Corbin but that one piece seat makes me think .... 

pineappleunderthesea

You could see if you can still get in on the Seat Concepts group buy (you'd likely have to call Scott Denison at Seat Concepts), that way you retain the 2 piece seat and get a discount.

• Premium Member

I also have a Corbin and find it quite comfortable. IMO you probably can't go wrong with any of the seat upgrades. Maybe the big contributing factor is your passenger's comfort. Does he/she feel a backrest is necessary for comfort and stability? Then maybe the Corbin would be your better option since you can easily add/remove that. If not then maybe the other options are best or even a local upholstery place could beef up the OEM seats for you. Good luck and happy shopping!

• Premium Member

I got in on the first group buy of Seat Concepts. Definitely night and day vs stock. I can be out for 2+ hours and not have any issues. Whereas I had issues with stock after about 45 minutes. They have gripper or carbon fiber, I went with the gripper due to how much slide the stock seat has. I got both front and rear done but I can't comment on the rear as I've never sat on it. I sent my pans into them for installation and had a really good turnaround time.

According to Scott (Seat Concepts), only the driver's seat gets a new foam and don't make them for the pax. They reuse the foam for the rear if you buy the matching cover for it.

The Corbin seat may be comfortable but some people have said it is old style that belongs more on a cruiser than a sporty naked, E.G.

[attachment id=1667" thumbnail="1]

I would look for something else, personally, if you don't want your naked, fighter looking bike to turn into something of a retro 80's cruiser looking bike (^) especially with a back rest on it. But, to each his own. Happy wife = happy life.

Beemer

Archived