The MT-07 Forum

FZ07 Firetong Exhaust

varo

After a couple months of research I decided on the Firetong Exhaust from Brazil.
After having a hard time buying the exhaust direct from the manufacturer due to Brazils laws and taxing, I found a seller on ebay.  Streetpower_com_br

He was amazingly helpful.  Let me tell you this guys went back and forth with me for a period of 3 weeks of question etc.  He was selling a similar exhaust from brazil which is called CS Racing.  He contacted the Firetong people for me and setup the whole transaction through ebay for me to make it simple.

The Exhaust cost me $550 shipped with tracking.  It arrived in 6 business days (after the 3 days wait to actually make the exhaust).

Yesterday I installed the exhaust.  Mind you I was on my own having never done this before, it took 35 minutes (20 minutes of that was trying to get the header seated correctly).  After struggling with the header I decided to take a 2 minute break and re-group.   After that break I managed to get everything seated correctly the first try (all about lining up the flanges first).

The exhaust looks and sound amazing.  It was a perfect fit.  The sound is phenomenal.  I havent removed the db killer yet being that the exhaust is loud as is.

I am super satisfied with the exhaust.  Went for a 90 mile ride afterwards!

It also comes with a plastic cover to hide the connections from the header and the can but I like it raw as is :)

IMG_20160430_114635_zpszhnzsn5v.jpg

IMG_20160430_114627_zpsowsttdvc.jpg

IMG_20160430_114623_zpschzx5zf9.jpg

IMG_20160430_125815_zpsc0t8thqn.jpg

• Like 5

bmwpowere36m3

Post up a vid. Not a fan personally and for the price, but might sound interesting. I do like the shorty tip though vs. having the muffler hang out the side of the swingarm.

Yes, It comes with a plastic cover that hides the connection point and the can with a hole for the tip to peek through. I didnt put it on because I was too excited to ride lol Ill post sound clip and photo with cover on after the next ride.

• Premium Member

Interesting. Is it all stainless? Weight? Reprogramming necessary?  I would certainly like to hear it; I'm not a fan of loud, per se nor a "sharp" braaaap, but do like to be able to hear it.

I think it would be intriguing to make my own aluminum cover and have it anodized to match my custom-fabbed boot-guards and side covers. I could see the new cover better following the circlular opening, for a start while eliminating the little side-ways "V"s.

Thanks, in advance.

p.s.  just found this video clip with sound.

• Like 1

My first impression of it was did they use an empty pony keg and then I saw a picture of the shroud to help hide it and I thought, "No wonder the shroud, even they know it's ugly!" but then I listened to it (sounded good) which made up for some of it's bulky, ugliness but it still bothers me that extra weight in the form of a shroud that looks odd itself would have to be used. 3 stars.

Beemer

• Premium Member

Beemer, the plastic shroud cannot add but ounces; what, maybe half-a-pound at most?

Updated pics and quick video down my dead end. I just mocked up the cover.  I like it better without.  Personal preference.  Nothing but compliments from all my riding buddies except one with a FZ-09 lol He doesnt like the growl.

IMG_20160503_143036_zpsx8tinljm.jpg

IMG_20160503_143032_zpswgqgakjw.jpg

th_VID_20160503_151227_zpscfldpqdm.mp4

• Like 1

i'd love to get it on the dyno and see what it'll do!
I am going to have it Dyno tuned by Powerhouse cycles hopefully in a few weeks.  Ill add it to the thread.

• Premium Member

I don't mind the look (covered) nor the sound, from the clip I posted, and I'm no fan of LOUD (I just added two MORE resonators, for a total of 6 "mufflers" to an LS3 crate-engine install I just finished). But, this seems okay to me, at least online. I appreciate the post.

2wheeldynoworks
i'd love to get it on the dyno and see what it'll do!
I am going to have it Dyno tuned by Powerhouse cycles hopefully in a few weeks.  Ill add it to the thread.
cool! see if you can get a graph with the air fuel ratio too!

• 10 months later...

So almost a year later, what's your input on getting the exhaust? I LOVE the look and sound, but don't know anything about it. What say you on getting it?

• 5 years later...
Pierre Micallef

Help needed....I have a 2020 MT07 and recently installed a Firetong exhaust system. This is backfiring heavily and also has become a fuel guzzler since I installed it....I love it's look and sound but am at a dilemma what to do.... Anything can be done to reduce backfire and possibly improve fuel consumption?

• Global Moderator
Just now, Pierre Micallef said:

Help needed....I have a 2020 MT07 and recently installed a Firetong exhaust system...

Please start a new thread, if you are working a current problem. You will get more visibility 

• Pursuvant locked this topic