The MT-07 Forum

M4 exhaust jealousy

jerryv

My son got this one for his R6.  M4GP ... sounds sweet.  This video is not his R6 but it's the same exhaust.  He got his online for only $220.  Wonder why the FZ one is almost double that?!?  I'd pay $220 for one like this.

booboobusfz07

More pipe and a y connection. With the r6 it's a classic slip on so it's super easy to make/install vs our cut grind clamp thats required.

bmwpowere36m3

Sounds cool… till you ride for a while with it. My dirt bike as a LOUD Yoshi exhaust, it get annoying on long highways stints (registered dual-sport).

No way it's that loud.  I rode with him and with the highway noise and wind, was not bad.   I'll have him do a drive-by this weekend if we get the chance.

Remove the muffler/cat from your stock exhaust so that only have your headers. Then it will sound like that exhaust. That m4 might as well not even be there lol...

AlbatrossCafe
No way it's that loud.  I rode with him and with the highway noise and wind, was not bad.   I'll have him do a drive-by this weekend if we get the chance.

Hmm... I was just judging based on the sound & what I heard when I took my exhaust off completely.

It sounds like this FZ-07 custom "exhaust" which is basically pipe-only

I always find that the more exhaust you take off, the better it sounds (IMHO), but then the louder it gets. Even baffle out is too loud for me unfortunately :-/

Archived