The MT-07 Forum

Rear passenger hand rail/handles

eraser8

I'd like to know the same. Would be handy also for bungee cords. Although I have doubts that saddle bags that wrap over the passenger seat (eg the soft Yamaha bags) will work with them

EDIT: Here's another option for those in the states: http://www.madhornets.com/rear-passenger-seat-grab-bar-hand-rail-yamaha-fz07-mt-07-2013-2015-black/?gclid=CjwKEAjwxoG5BRCC7ezlzNmR8HUSJAAre36ja8Do-Ke7T7rmmIt4pr67kLlWDFHSpOvId7pmTZQBBBoCLRLw_wcB

• Global Moderator
Hi guys, 
Does someone already have experience with these handles? I'm looking for some way for the passenger can hold herself. Here is the link of the handles I found.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/CNC-Rear-Passenger-Seat-Hand-Bar-Rail-fit-for-Yamaha-MT-07-FZ-07-NEW-5-Colours-/272169428803?var=&hash=item3f5e8fe743:m:mFtym1EH8chcQaOq0kksYDQ&vxp=mtr

Thanks

I'd like to know the same. Would be handy also for bungee cords. Although I have doubts that saddle bags that wrap over the passenger seat (eg the soft Yamaha bags) will work with them 
EDIT: Here's another option for those in the states: http://www.madhornets.com/rear-passenger-seat-grab-bar-hand-rail-yamaha-fz07-mt-07-2013-2015-black/?gclid=CjwKEAjwxoG5BRCC7ezlzNmR8HUSJAAre36ja8Do-Ke7T7rmmIt4pr67kLlWDFHSpOvId7pmTZQBBBoCLRLw_wcB
Those both appear to be the same kit
mad-hornet just has the brackets halfway put together

I dont see anywhere to mount them at the rear and that worries me
i dont want to drill a hole to accomodate the bars

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

If those brackets attach directly underneath the passenger seat (physically remove the seat and attach it to underside of seat), then do not get. That would be very hazardous.

Unfortunately I have no clue how you would find out unless you buy it.

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

• Global Moderator

How can they not have a photo of those installed on the bike? If they attach to the subframe I would be very interested in them. We just need a Guinea pig to find out :)

How can they not have a photo of those installed on the bike? If they attach to the subframe I would be very interested in them. We just need a Guinea pig to find out :)

"No installation instructions included" maybe they couldn't figure it out... Lol

• Global Moderator
Looking at the brackets it looks like they'll come through between the seat and tail
That might be worth it then... but id hate to drop 70 bucks and find out i need to drill a hole to mount it

I'm pretty sure this is a perfect fit. I just looked under the passenger seat and there is currenty 2 big bolts with sleeves that are already "used" to hold the side plastic panel. Iguess we need to use this place for 1 hole (just overlap the bracket under or over the plastic and tight them. If you look about 7-8 inch to the front of the bike from the above bolts I talked, there is 2 unsued bracket welded to the frame ready to receive a bolt in there. So, I'm pretty sure this is a perfect fit without modifying the plastic or anything else. But I want to precise that I have NOT tested them yet so I'm not responsible about what I'm saying here :)

I did the pig for the holes in the exhaust, now, who is the turn? :)

• Global Moderator

I want to see photos of how it looks installed before I buy a set, so I guess I will not be the Guinea pig on this one. Someone needs to though because if it looks good and fits well I want a set. If there was a photo of it installed on the website I would probably buy them tonight.

I want to see photos of how it looks installed before I buy a set, so I guess I will not be the Guinea pig on this one. Someone needs to though because if it looks good and fits well I want a set. If there was a photo of it installed on the website I would probably buy them tonight.
I'm searching hard to find a picture with them installed but I didn't find yet. I think the look should be nice in black or titanium, but I think I will go with black one (same color than rear side panel) 

• Global Moderator
I'm searching hard to find a picture with them installed but I didn't find yet. I think the look should be nice in black or titanium, but I think I will go with black one (same color than rear side panel)
Are you volunteering to buy them and post photos?  Hopefully they will look as good as I want them to as I really like the idea.  

• Global Moderator
Seconding this

I would prefer to let other be a volonteer on this one. I took the risk on the exhaust and thanks god, it worked flawlessly. You seems to be near ready to buy them right now!! So go for it and come back here to post some pictures :)

Thanks

I just messaged MadHornets.com and requested some explanation with pictures. I mentioned that there are a number of people interested on this board but we're hesitant to buy without some further details. Hopefully that will motivate them. I'll keep everyone posted

There's a few of us here who have purchased from Mad Hornets. Not sure where they are based but the levers I got from them came straight from China.

I just messaged MadHornets.com and requested some explanation with pictures. I mentioned that there are a number of people interested on this board but we're hesitant to buy without some further details. Hopefully that will motivate them. I'll keep everyone posted
Thanks!

Thanks for the link!

After lokking at both parts (handles and your rack) I don't think the fitting is the same for the handles because the bracket seems to follow a indirect path to reach the mounting holes.... but to be sure, we need a pig :)

Oh my god! Thank you @joshalamew 
I will think about that a little bit but I think I will get it soon!! Just not sure which color to take... Like I tought, it seems to be really easy install!! No need to cut the fearing!! Nice

Thanks again

I now see that there is a user on here that purchased these type of grab handles (link to posts 1 and 2 and link to product). @btimothy4 , can you tell us if you had to cut any of the plastic side panels for this to fit?

btimothy4
I now see that there is a user on here that purchased these type of grab handles (link to posts 1 and 2 and link to product). @btimothy4 , can you tell us if you had to cut any of the plastic side panels for this to fit?
Nope, no cutting of the plastic at all.  
The bolts that they provide for the "pad" (where it bolts on the front) were the wrong size. I fortunately have a fairly large stock pile of bolts - so not a big deal. Just everyone should be aware. It also doesn't come with any instructions - so that was the hardest part. But once you see how it goes in, its really easy.

Nope, no cutting of the plastic at all.  
The bolts that they provide for the "pad" (where it bolts on the front) were the wrong size. I fortunately have a fairly large stock pile of bolts - so not a big deal. Just everyone should be aware. It also doesn't come with any instructions - so that was the hardest part. But once you see how it goes in, its really easy.
Hi @btimothy4, 
Thank you for your feedback. i'm looking for this and the big question I have about that is: do they are heavy duty handle once install? Do they tend to ply when we use some force on them? (for example if my girlsfrien hold her when I brake? In other words, do they feel cheap or they feel pretty solid once installed?

Thanks

btimothy4
Hi @btimothy4 , 
Thank you for your feedback. i'm looking for this and the big question I have about that is: do they are heavy duty handle once install? Do they tend to ply when we use some force on them? (for example if my girlsfrien hold her when I brake? In other words, do they feel cheap or they feel pretty solid once installed?

Thanks
I took my daughter for a ride - she 25, about 125lbs and she said it felt very sturdy and safe. Didn't feel like they were flexing

Archived