The MT-07 Forum

How my riding season got ended!!

e30kawi

• Premium Member

Thanks for sharing man. Sorry to read about your accident, and I'm glad to read you are recovering. I'm sure your post has helped make all of us reading it think a little more about our own riding habits and, hopefully, how we can make them better.

Why can't left turners see us?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have to ask how are you feeling? What kind of meds they put you on?

I'm feeling OK all things considered, but I've been having longer days so my leg and back start to hurt by bed time. Especially lately, I've been either at the YMCA out rehab working on my leg.
I was on a few things when I came home. I had to give myself a shot in the stomach twice a day to prevent blood clots, glad that's over. I am on a muscle relaxer when I remember to take it, I was on oxycodone but was swapped to hydrocodone and big ibuprofen. I only take one hydro at night so I can sleep.

Thanks for sharing man. Sorry to read about your accident, and I'm glad to here you are recovering. I'm sure your post has helped make all of us reading it think a little more about our own riding habits and, hopefully, how we can make them better.

I was hoping to shed some light on the number one cause of motorcycle accidents, people turning left in front of us.

I didn't trust the car, but let my guard down when they stopped and took it for granted they saw me, despite knowing better. Don't trust them and second guess yourself, take that second glance when you're in your car. Make sure you have adequate insurance, assume that everyone else on the road doesn't have any.

All I can say is there isn't enough money to make it worth it, and if you don't have all the gear, invest in it, because when you have to use it, it will save your skin in multiples of what you spent on it. I bounced off and destroyed the wind shield with zero cuts or road rash.

Man, every time I see your X-rays, it just kills me. Really hope that you recover well. My daughter loves riding with me and I pay very close attention to what's going on around us especially because of my precious cargo. Gonna step it up even more!

I am healing up well enough. The bulk of the swelling has gone down, it's the fine tuning that is going to take a while. I appreciate everyone's well wishes. I just don't want anyone to have to go through what I went through. 

But my leg looks better than the other photos of when I was in the hospital.

KIMG0005_zpsebxdvo7i.jpg

This is my worst nightmare!! Still doesn't keep me from riding though. Hope you recover well and keep your spirits up pal! 

autoentropy

Those xrays made me shiver. Happy you are alive. I feel like people who pull out in front of motorcycles and hurt them should be criminally prosecuted, maybe then people will look both ways.

• Global Moderator

Great to see you are healing up again. You will be fine. I was in a riding accident long ago which resulted in comparable x-rays. I was only 17 and the doctor told me that I would have to use a cane for the rest of my life. Fast forwarding to today I can say that apart from the scars and a cool story to go with that I have no permanent damage. The human body is amazing.

Great to see you are healing up again. You will be fine. I was in a riding accident long ago which resulted in comparable x-rays. I was only 17 and the doctor told me that I would have to use a cane for the rest of my life. Fast forwarding to today I can say that apart from the scars and a cool story to go with that I have no permanent damage. The human body is amazing.

That's kind of what I keep hearing. My age is going to help me a bunch. Turned 32 while in the hospital for this. The doctors think I'll make a full recovery, and I intended to do everything in my power to ensure that I do.

Sorry to hear that happened to you and it just goes to show that certain people have no business with a drivers license or the ability to reproduce. We don't need more morons in this already F'ed up world. I had a very similar experience with a guy that pulled in front of me and causing the accident. After I stopped rolling down the highway and walked back to where the guy was he had the tardacity to ask me if I had insurance, not if I was OK or anything that showed a hint of concern for my well being. I hope your recovery is going well and I hope you got more than a new rod in your leg from his insurance company. A new, 2016, FZ-07 would be in order at the least.

Beemer

I hope your recovery is going well and I hope you got more than a new rod in your leg from his insurance company. A new, 2016, FZ-07 would be in order at the least.

They did give me $7 more than I paid for my bike, bought it used. But they gave it back to me for nothing. So I will at least be able to salvage some stuff like my akra ti, the ECU with 2wdw tune, motor, wheels, tail tidy and the levers. I'm sure there will be other stuff I can get off of it.
But for now it's just gonna sit in my garage until I can get to it.

The balls on people, "hey I just hit you, I hope YOU have insurance"

• Global Moderator

You parting out Bro? Dibs on the comfort seat and the Akra !  lol-044.gif

lol! I was just gonna say you would probably do well to part out on this site alone but Guru beat me to it. The engine would be nice in a small sand rail.

Beemer

I don't have a comfort seat, I plan on buying another 07 this winter or whenever a bargain pops up so the akra and the tune will have a new home hopefully soon.

• Global Moderator

I could have sworn that your seat has red stitching.
But no worries, I was just kidding. I am always baffled by those vultures on forums who are already tearing apart someones pride & joy while the rider is still in the hospital. That and I wanted to use the word dibs.  :P

• 1 month later...

It's been twelve weeks since my accident. I seem to be healing on schedule, but should know more on the 30th. Last time I went, about a month ago, he said the break looked the same. But my progress has really improved in the last couple weeks.I am still on crutches, but needing them less and less everyday. Hoping to be walking on my own in a couple weeks.

My wife ordered the x-rays, here are a couple more from day one. This one looks brutal.

side%20view_zpsb8lz2zbw.jpg

Here's the knee scar as of this morning, I am amazed at how small it is.

KIMG0020_zpspgatbi1z.jpg

This is a recent photo of the side scars.

Screenshot_2016-06-19-14-19-04_zpshd5vfymb.png

Man, you didn't have to show the pic of your wife being all pervy trying to get some action. I mean, she is clearly not wearing anything in that pic while you are fully nude, just covered with some type of black velour love blanket...keep that private stuff to yourself man!

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

• 1 month later...

Bit of an update. Leg still isn't healing, gonna have surgery hopefully within two weeks to make sure it heals.

That bone stimulator didn't work. But kind of odd how much strength and range of motion I have considering the leg is still in shards.

Be careful out there people.

dentalprodigy
Bit of an update. Leg still isn't healing, gonna have surgery hopefully within two weeks to make sure it heals. 
That bone stimulator didn't work. But kind of odd how much strength and range of motion I have considering the leg is still in shards.

Dumb question. How do they(docs) determine leg isn't healing? You have to gain muscle mass, they see bone reintegration, formation of scar tissue, increase range of motion? Which is it?

I'm glad you are alright. Just a good lesson to always wear your gear, because it could have been a lot worse. Hopefully your leg heals sooner rather than later. Glad to hear you are ok.

Dumb question. How do they(docs) determine leg isn't healing? You have to gain muscle mass, they see bone reintegration, formation of scar tissue, increase range of motion? Which is it?

They take an xray and I guess given the amount of time that has passed, they should be able to see some formation of bone structure filling the gaps between the fragments of bone. And my last set of xrays don't show anything in those gaps.

• Premium Member
phicurious86
They take an xray and I guess given the amount of time that has passed, they should be able to see some formation of bone structure filling the gaps between the fragments of bone. And my last set of xrays don't show anything in those gaps.
Dang. Hope the next round of surgery gets you back on track.

Damn man. I'm sorry to hear about this. I hope the surgery goes well. I remember my turn being ran over by a truck. I got off a lot better than you though. Hopefully you'll be back on two legs and two wheels before too much longer.

Archived