The MT-07 Forum

Any deals on RF-1200 gold mirror shield?

ShiftHer

bmwpowere36m3

Nope.... genuine Shoei stuff never seems to, unless being discontinued. Got mine at Revzilla with the helmet... Had the same on my RF-1000, loved it till I dropped and scratched it. Still got one for the 1200 ;)

• Premium Member

Shoei shields are never cheap. I remember wanting their Transition lens when I bought my RF1200. They kept delaying the release so I bought the one you have pictured instead. Transition lens for a Shoei RF1200 (CWR-1) is $150 :(

Yeah, I hear that... I had to import the gold mirror for my Neotec from Japan for about a hundo because they won't sell tinted Neotec shields in the US for some reason. Put 3 scratches on it just a couple days ago by getting too close to a door. So pissed at myself >:D  

I was hoping to find some secret Shoei shield club, but I guess I'll just have to piggy bank it until I have enough saved up. I bought the RF-1200 today and just don't have enough funds left for the extra shield right now.  :'(   

• Premium Member

I definitely understand. Maybe rock some sunglasses behind the clear shield. Its what held me over until I purchased that tinted shield. I still wear clear safety (shooting) glasses during hot days as it gets hot sitting at lights and there's a ton of random flying creatures around here.

paid 86 for exact color. didn't find cheaper even on dark net

#weridenyc
2012 FZ8 (Grizzly)
IXIL Hyperlow XL L3X Exhaust
CRG Levers
Traf-X LED Turn Signals
OES Frame Sliders

paid 86 for exact color. didn't find cheaper even on dark net
haha (rofl)   Yeah, I was hoping to score a used, scratch-and-dent or even a knock-off visor, but no such luck. Ah, well. Sunglasses will have to suffice for now.  

Wait a couple of months, ill sell it for $50 ????

#weridenyc
2012 FZ8 (Grizzly)
IXIL Hyperlow XL L3X Exhaust
CRG Levers
Traf-X LED Turn Signals
OES Frame Sliders

bmwpowere36m3

Doubt it… its been out for a while already. Just suck it up and buy it or save the money. I was apprehensive at first too, when I got one for my RF-1000. But after using it for a few years, I wouldn't trade it for another. So when I bought my RF-1200 and I got the visor at the same time.

What's interesting, the RF-1200 visor is much thicker and beaded on the edges vs. the older RF-1000… which I believe set me back $80 as well.

Archived