The MT-07 Forum

Gilles Tooling Factor-X Rearsets Group Buy! (ENDED)

bellissimoto

• Global Moderator
Alright guys and gals they are on! with a little help. lol...used the stock break switch.  
a little adjusting and they will be perfect. super smooth action. no play whatsoever.

d59c1cd3817a646a4332c1285a65fc52.jpgd822616465e81bee13e674837e1efe86.jpge10cf09bced3504e4f0588e767e899cf.jpg

now all i need is some powder coating!
wanna check and see if the stock heel guards will work on these?
I know that several people have asked
and i havent been able to answer due to throing away my heel guards

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alright guys and gals they are on! with a little help. lol...used the stock break switch.  
a little adjusting and they will be perfect. super smooth action. no play whatsoever.

d59c1cd3817a646a4332c1285a65fc52.jpgd822616465e81bee13e674837e1efe86.jpge10cf09bced3504e4f0588e767e899cf.jpg

now all i need is some powder coating!
wanna check and see if the stock heel guards will work on these? I know that several people have asked
and i havent been able to answer due to throing away my heel guards
the brake side will fit. you use the stock mounting for the master cylinder. 7f66546ff1483897e13d67a980228f68.jpg

the shifter side will not fit. the holes do not line up. d8db9947bc19db7a60dc81b7c2674dbf.jpg

• Global Moderator

There ya go @so1102, and all those others asking

Thnx @12ival

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

@jchin3081 so i put the pegs in the bottom rear position. and i can feel the difference. I'm a taller guy 6'2" and now my knees are in a better spot. and i feel more comfortable. its not a huge difference from stock but it does make a difference. at least for me. also the round grippy peg instead of that odd shape makes a world of difference. plus it looks bad ass. lol

bellissimoto
@jchin3081 so i put the pegs in the bottom rear position. and i can feel the difference. I'm a taller guy 6'2" and now my knees are in a better spot. and i feel more comfortable. its not a huge difference from stock but it does make a difference. at least for me. also the round grippy peg instead of that odd shape makes a world of difference. plus it looks bad ass. lol
I'm so glad you like them!  You'll have to swing by one of these days so I can check 'em out on the bike :) 
- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com

potatochips

Man, I got in on this at just the right time, received them today. Everything looks good, I'll install them soon and post up my thoughts.

Paul has been great with communication, top notch, I won't hesitate to do business with Bellisimoto for future needs/wants. Thanks again Paul!

bellissimoto
Man, I got in on this at just the right time, received them today. Everything looks good, I'll install them soon and post up my thoughts.  
Paul has been great with communication, top notch, I won't hesitate to do business with Bellisimoto for future needs/wants. Thanks again Paul!
Absolutely!  Thank you so much for the kind words my friend!  At the end of day, I'm just an enthusiast like everyone else here and the fact I can bring these products to our community at great prices is just icing on the cake :) 
- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com

installed and everythings perfect, I have them in the lowest and furthest back setting, might get some adjusters to position the rearsets even further back at a later time but I'm a 33' inseam. Smooth, no slop or play anywhere. Very nice quality. Directions were easy and simple. Just a note I ordered the race version and it lets you use a spring Gilles supplied in the kit to maintain the OEM rear brake switch, so the rear brake switch operates identical to stock just as before with the race rearsets.

Also I decided to salvage the little rubber boot from the upper shift linkage and used it with the Gilles. I figured a little weather, corrosion, protection isn't a bad thing.

QUIZ time - did anyone figure out what the 6 little plastic thingymajigs are for? They look perfect for filling in 10mm size bolt holes like where the mirrors or rear passengers pegs mount, maybe I'll try them there.

installed and everythings perfect, I have them in the lowest and furthest back setting, might get some adjusters to position the rearsets even further back at a later time but I'm a 33' inseam. Smooth, no slop or play anywhere. Very nice quality. Directions were easy and simple. Just a note I ordered the race version and it lets you use a spring Gilles supplied in the kit to maintain the OEM rear brake switch, so the rear brake switch operates identical to stock just as before with the race rearsets. 
Also I decided to salvage the little rubber boot from the upper shift linkage and used it with the Gilles. I figured a little weather, corrosion, protection isn't a bad thing.

QUIZ time - did anyone figure out what the 6 little plastic thingymajigs are for? They look perfect for filling in 10mm size bolt holes like where the mirrors or rear passengers pegs mount, maybe I'll try them there.
they insert into the peg. looks terrible though. took it back out. lol

of course they go in the pegs, lol.  good to know.  didn't see that in the instructions, but i just pushed them in there, felt good.

You're gonna install that rubber weather bootie from the oem shift rod aren't ya?!

How many slackers do we need to get to 10?

of course they go in the pegs, lol.  good to know.  didn't see that in the instructions, but i just pushed them in there, felt good. 
You're gonna install that rubber weather bootie from the oem shift rod aren't ya?!

How many slackers do we need to get to 10?
that was the first thing i did...lol

we need 2 more!

bellissimoto

Important news for everyone. I just got wind that the rearsets actually come with a provision to use the stock brake light switch, so the separate brake light micro switch in the "Street" version is not needed for continued use of the rear brake light. You CAN use the Gilles Tooling brake light micro switch, but it is not needed.

I've made the changes to the Group Buy to reflect the changes, and fixed the listing on our new website.

For those of you who already received their "Street" kit and do not wish to use the separate brake light micro switch, you can send the switch back to me and I'll refund you the cost of the switch upon its arrival. Please include all original packaging for the switch.

Send it to:

Bellissimoto

Gilles FZ-07 Rearset Group Buy

6175 S. Pecos Rd

Las Vegas, NV 89120

For the "Street" kits that haven't shipped yet, I will not send the brake light micro switch and already issued a refund for the cost of the switch.

My sincere apologies for this. This issue was not known ahead of time, but I promise I'll make it right :)

- Paul

• Premium Member

OK Paulie count me in for the all black standard heel guards (and in the PM also let me know how much a pair of pillion pegs would cost me too)

• Premium Member
panchobullet

Why!!! Why you do this to me!!! I've been looking for rear set options for the past 2 months and I have spent way too much on Dark-Y already...
Take my money and SIGN ME IN !!!... Full Black + Carbon heel guards... I'll be waiting my PM!

You've never seen me cause I'm too damn fast!

• Premium Member
panchobullet
Why I do believe that is the magic number of 10 :)
Ding ding ding !!!..  :D

You've never seen me cause I'm too damn fast!

bellissimoto

Hi everyone!

The Group Buy has ended.

We finally got to 10 people, and as promised, all participants have been issued a credit for the new lower 10+ Group Buy price!

Just wanted to say thank you for making this Group Buy a success, and to be on the lookout for more great things to come from Bellissimoto!

:)

- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com

Got my credit already! Thanks Paul and thanks Bellissimoto, there's not a better price for a better product anywhere than with this deal right here. Happy to have them on, can't ride until the weekend :/

Hi everyone! 
The Group Buy has ended.

We finally got to 10 people, and as promised, all participants have been issued a credit for the new lower 10+ Group Buy price!

Just wanted to say thank you for making this Group Buy a success, and to be on the lookout for more great things to come from Bellissimoto!

:)

- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com

Is it too late to still get the deal?

potatochips

Just installed these, awesome! The only problem I had was I had to lengthen the brake switch spring a hair. I don't know if my stock switch has less spring in it than others, but I adjusted the switch all the way in and it was right there, if I touched the plunger on the switch just a bit, the brake light went off. I just uncurled the side of the spring that attaches to the switch and it works. I double checked everything before uncurling it, there was no way around it, had to be lengthened.

Just a heads up, not a big deal, but make sure your brake light switch works properly.

I put the pegs in the upper-rear position, feels good for aggressive riding. Going to the track next weekend, so I'll see when I get there. Haven't ridden it yet.

Archived