The MT-07 Forum

Really dumb question

w1ngzer0

• Global Moderator

I have a really dumb answer. I don't know :) I am sure someone here knows though. (BTW, there are no dumb questions)

Ehh just make sure you do it properly. Get some solder and some shrink wrap. None of that twisting wires and electrical tape crap hahaha.

olderthandirt

On a FZ-07 the front signals are also running lights that stay on while the bike is running. The rear turn signals do not stay on while the bike is running.

So....the FRONT stock turn signals are three wire. The REAR stock turn signals are two wire.

Also....the HOLE into which both front and rear signals are connected is a huge size TEARDROP shaped hole....which means that an adaptor would be required if different signals are used that has a bolt and nut to hold it on.

Congress is the only whore house in the United States that loses money.

Fronts are running lights - nice, but really, the headlight is on so they are kind of redundant.

I have replaced the signals with original Yamaha LED turn signals. They come with bullet connectors and a shield for the teardrop hole. Everything looks nicely finished and while there is some wire cutting involved, by using the bullet connectors included, all looks clean. Will take pictures and post.
I capped the third cable (running light) and put it away. Not missed :)

• Premium Member

I think the concept is to make the bike more identifiable, as opposed to appearing like a dual headlight car from seemingly far away. Redundancy can be a good thing.

Everything went braap.

I agree, depending on the application, redundancy can be a life saver - I know in my field of work it is....but in this case, in my [frequently unqualified] opinion, benefits are marginal. I, for one, prefer the clearly brighter LED signals, with sharper transitions between on and off - they have the potential to better alert the surrounding traffic of my intentions. And if they are, again in my opinion, better looking and also more efficient, that's extra.

The good thing is that Yamaha mentions that the LED signals disable the running lights feature. They also mention the higher blinking frequency, that can be easily addressed by replacing the flasher relay. Informed decisions!

Also, keep in mind that the ones they sell are not particular to our model, so chances are that others can fit as well.
vc8kZ5p.jpgdqKLTmw.jpg

Archived