The MT-07 Forum

Bike Protection

sturso

A person that worries too much about what if this and what if that can spend more money on preventative parts than a apart/parts that might get damaged by actually dropping the bike. Your bike says a lot about you and I don't want mine saying I'm a paranoid rider. 

Dude... I really wanted one of these for my FZ over the winter. Washington got record rainfall from November till March. I would totally rock it. This would have been super helpful & hilarious at the same time. Need a universal aftermarket piece.
Even with that it would still be like not having it at all. Some parts would get wet while others stayed dry. I think that's more for protection than keeping you completely dry. Seriously, take a good look at the design.

Beemer

A person that worries too much about what if this and what if that can spend more money on preventative parts than a apart/parts that might get damaged by actually dropping the bike. Your bike says a lot about you and I don't want mine saying I'm a paranoid rider. 

To be fair, the first one, IIRC, is a below the waist paralyzed rider... So he needs the cage, so he doesn't get crushed, he's strapped to bike.
Didn't know that and what better reason to have a cage? If he weren't paralyzed it would be very questionable. There's a big difference between paralyzed and just plain paranoid.

Beemer

bmwpowere36m3
To be fair, the first one, IIRC, is a below the waist paralyzed rider... So he needs the cage, so he doesn't get crushed, he's strapped to bike.
Didn't know that and what better reason to have a cage? If he weren't paralyzed it would be very questionable. There's a big difference between paralyzed and just plain paranoid.
I think its pretty badass he still rides… http://www.autoevolution.com/news/doug-henry-is-partially-paralyzed-from-the-waist-down-still-does-backflips-and-off-road-video-91509.html

topazsparrow

No love yet for a screen protector on that dash?

Shit scratches so easy. A new cluster is 250+ dollars. I put some clear masking tape on it until the proper screen film stuff gets here. No scratches and subsequent glare for this guy.

• Premium Member
shet scratches so easy. A new cluster is 250+ dollars. I put some clear masking tape on it until the proper screen film stuff gets here. No scratches and subsequent glare for this guy.
Just get some generic screen protector for tablets and cut it to size. I just did this and it worked nicely. 2x Pack 10 Inch ValuePad® Generic Premium Full Size Multi-Layer Universal Crystal Clear Screen Protector for ValuePad Tablets (Cut to fit Dragon Touch, Chromo, Pola Tab, Archos, Prontotec, Double Power, Matricom, Neutab, iRulu, Simbans, Poofek, Shamo and more) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UQW1XXU/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_xs1ixb37P1PQP

bmwpowere36m3
Shet scratches so easy. A new cluster is 250+ dollars. I put some clear masking tape on it until the proper screen film stuff gets here. No scratches and subsequent glare for this guy.
I don't know what tape you used... but I HIGHLY recommend you take it off immediately. If its regular 'ole packing or "scotch" tape its going to leave residue on the screen. Especially if the bike it out in the sun... sh*ts going to "bake in".  Then you'll be scrubbing it off and damage it more than if you just left it alone. Either get a small piece of 3M clear-bra material and apply it OR better yet, those film protectors (either cut one or buy a pre-cut).

I think its pretty badass he still rides… http://www.autoevolution.com/news/doug-henry-is-partially-paralyzed-from-the-waist-down-still-does-backflips-and-off-road-video-91509.html
Wow! Doug Henry?! I've watched motocross on and off for years and I remember watching him race what seems like a long time ago, probably at the beginning of his super-cross career. It's sad that that happened but I'm shocked that it happened to him and that I didn't hear about it. I guess I was away from the TV for too long, it happens sometimes when I find new interests outside the house. Thanks for that info on Doug Henry and it's good to see he is still plugging away. He's the picture of the saying, "Get Back On And Ride." Unbelievable, they say motocross is the most physically demanding sport in the world and there he is doing it with a broken back! The willpower! That dude is simply awesome.

Beemer

bmwpowere36m3

Broke his back TWICE! The second one left him paralyzed below the waist... where there's a will, there's a way.

topazsparrow
Shet scratches so easy. A new cluster is 250+ dollars. I put some clear masking tape on it until the proper screen film stuff gets here. No scratches and subsequent glare for this guy.
I don't know what tape you used... but I HIGHLY recommend you take it off immediately. If its regular 'ole packing or "scotch" tape its going to leave residue on the screen. Especially if the bike it out in the sun... sh*ts going to "bake in".  Then you'll be scrubbing it off and damage it more than if you just left it alone. Either get a small piece of 3M clear-bra material and apply it OR better yet, those film protectors (either cut one or buy a pre-cut).

Slow Down, take a deep breath, and re-read what I wrote. Also packing tape residue is trivial to remove with wd-40 and will not harm the plastic lens... 

bmwpowere36m3

Personally I don't care... just friendly advice. The more wiping, WD-40, etc. is only going to introduce more swirls and marks, unfortunately. GL

Guest 2wheeler

I've ridden Budd's Creek before, and I gotta say, Henry's Hill, which got that name after his disastrous wreck, is a fairly nasty downhill as is, let alone when you are jumping damn near the length of the whole downhill. He's lucky he is alive!!!

Archived