The MT-07 Forum

The "I dropped my bike, because of some stupid stuff" club

jeffkisthename

THREAD REVIVAL! 
I can add. I dropped the Duc due to wet leaves and a high ridged road. SO I've dropped every bike I've owned now. GOOD TIMES
I've dropped my FZ1 very softly as well. Only bent my foot brake lever which I bent right back into place ?

th_CJC8_GA8_D.jpg Oh, my!

Beemer

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
I've dropped my FZ1 very softly as well. Only bent my foot brake lever which I bent right back into place ?
th_CJC8_GA8_D.jpg Oh, my!
Yup: 
IMG_20170505_081616_640.jpg

SigSide.jpg

• Premium Member

My baby fell twice in her life so far because her owner is an idiot :'(

[HASH]1 I had just gotten my appendix removed 2 days before and was convalescing in my apartment with a friend staying the night. It was very windy and rainy. I get a knock on my door from my neighbor: "Is that your bike outside? Yeah, it fell over." He would not help me. Luckily my friend was there. My girlfriend is under 5' tall and not built - she wouldn't have been any help. And if I'd tried to lift it I likely would have ruptured my stitches! Frame sliders took the brunt of the fall, the cover I had on prevented scratches, but my CRG bar end's mount bent and I still haven't fixed it :(  Turns out it was left in neutral with the steering lock engaged. I was going to work on it 2 days before when I had to leave to go to the hospital for my appendix, so I never put it in gear. Stupid.

[HASH]2 I was "practicing" low speed manuevers and dank whoolies in an empty lot with a loading ramp. I finished a run at a whoolie and turned perpendicular to my next line of travel to stop and rest. It happened to be on that loading ramp I mentioned. I put my leg out to rest and ... didn't find ground as quick as I'd expected. I was putting my foot downhill! The bike leaned way too far over for me to right it again with one leg. I arrested the fall with one leg but didn't know what to do next. It was painful to keep it up like I was, and try as I might, I couldn't pick it back up straight. I had to ease it down gently onto the - (puke)  - pavement. Then I got off and lifted it back up like this:

[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ6_2VqSHBw]

No damage at all! Well, except my pride ...

his face seems pulled and tense
like he's riding on a motorbike in the strongest winds

noodles - "No damage at all! Well, except my pride ..."

[video src=https://youtu.be/ruhFmBrl4GM]  Sorry, couldn't resist! ;)

Beemer

On a road trip on a CB 750, pulled into the parking lot next to a bunch of guys sitting on Harleys chatting. Took off helmet, and gloves, started to step off bike, bike falls over. Forgot the kickstand. Lift up bike, put down kickstand. Walk into store, thinking bet you can't do that on your full dressers.

On a road trip on a CB 750, pulled into the parking lot next to a bunch of guys sitting on Harleys chatting. Took off helmet, and gloves, started to step off bike, bike falls over. Forgot the kickstand. Lift up bike, put down kickstand. Walk into store, thinking bet you can't do that on your full dressers.
Yep, that qualifies as embarrassing. :-S  I have to ask if any of them offered to help you. 

Beemer

• Premium Member
Yep, that qualifies as embarrassing. :-S  I have to ask if any of them offered to help you.
You mean after they caught their breath after laughing so hard? :D 

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

You mean after they caught their breath after laughing so hard? :D
All I can say is they must've been immature or H.D. snobs. Same thing I guess. 

Beemer

No offers of help. Were they laughing? I was afraid to look in their direction. I picked it up real quick, like: I meant to do that.

Another stupid story. Riding along on CB919, practicing wheelies, and feel something poking my ankle. It is this long bolt that connects the engine to the frame coming out. I pull over and spend a long time walking around looking for the nut, because it is one of those hi strength nuts. I am going to want to get a replacement from the dealer for probably 8 dollars. I get a temporary one at the hardware store. A few days later I am cruising thru a restaurant parking lot looking for a place to park, bike hits a deep pothole, falls over, I'm lying on the ground. And there before my eyes, is the missing nut! People come over to ask if I'm OK. I look up and say, "I found the missing nut!"

Archived