The MT-07 Forum

2WHEELDNYNOWORKS GROUP BUY!!!(Expired)

603nytroxtx

2wheeldynoworks

once the ECU's show up in the mail at our shop, they're flashed and sent back out within one business day, barring some sort of natural disaster or something.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So what's the average time before the units are shipped back out? I'm getting antsy not being able to ride! Haha
Lol me too, they received mine on Friday so I hope I can get it back some time this week. It'll be a nice surprise when I get home and have a present in my mailbox.

I got mine in on Friday as well. It's a race then!

Filled out form and sent payment. Am I good to send it??? I'm getting so antsy, I wanna feel the 2wdw difference! =)

Lol me too, they received mine on Friday so I hope I can get it back some time this week. It'll be a nice surprise when I get home and have a present in my mailbox.

I win. Just got home and it was in my mailbox. That is some seriously fast shipping! Thx 2wdw! Gonna test it out later tonight!

edit: Took it out for a spin and DAMN, it's like a whole new bike. It seriously is wayyy smoother running through the gears going fast from 0-70ish..  And the engine braking is greatly reduced and feels like it's supposed to now.  Also the on/off throttle transition is a lot smoother.  I suggest everyone on the fence to get in on this deal before it's too late!  Thanks 603nytroxtx for setting this up and 2wdw for developing this :)  

603nytroxtx

I win. Just got home and it was in my mailbox. That is some seriously fast shipping! Thx 2wdw! Gonna test it out later tonight! 
edit: Took it out for a spin and DAMN, it's like a whole new bike. It seriously is wayyy smoother running through the gears going fast from 0-70ish..  And the engine braking is greatly reduced and feels like it's supposed to now.  Also the on/off throttle transition is a lot smoother.  I suggest everyone on the fence to get in on this deal before it's too late!  Thanks 603nytroxtx for setting this up and 2wdw for developing this :)  
Wow that was fast! Just another reason why Nels is top notch. Glad to hear the results are great. I can't wait to see if for myself. Thank you to everyone who has jumped in on the deal and you still have until tomorrow at midnight to get your $ to me if you want in on this! It's been a pleasure setting this up and working with all of you.  

2015 FZ-07 Graphite
*Yoshimura R-77 Carbon Works Finish
*2WDW ECU Flash
*OES Sliders
*GearBrake Flashing Smart Brake Light
*Creese Tail Tidy with LED
*TST Industries Flushmount front LED
*Motionpro R6 throttle tube
*Yamaha Fly Screen
*X-Grip with Bruudt mount

I don't have mine back yet but there is another thread going on octane choice that raises the question - are any of the maps leaner than stock or messing with timing? People talk about using higher octane after the flash. Is this necessary/good?

• Premium Member
I don't have mine back yet but there is another thread going on octane choice that raises the question - are any of the maps leaner than stock or messing with timing? People talk about using higher octane after the flash. Is this necessary/good?
I've just gotten used to using the highest octane available -- it's well worth the extra $0.50 USD per tank full.

603nytroxtx
I think I was reading the same thread at the same time as you! If I comprehended it correctly we should attempt to use 91+ octane after the flash. The US Manual say stock bike is designed for 87.  

2015 FZ-07 Graphite
*2WDW ECU Flash
*OES Sliders
*Yamaha Fly Screen

I think I was reading the same thread at the same time as you! If I comprehended it correctly we should attempt to use 91+ octane after the flash. The US Manual say stock bike is designed for 87.
I'm also wondering if I should use 91+ octane.. I read here http://fz07.org/post/44416/thread that it doesn't matter but then more recently they recommended 91+ for insurance because some bikes had an issue with lower octane: http://fz07.org/post/74311/thread 
I currently have a full tank of 87 still so am wondering if I should switch to 91 halfway through or not.

sansnombre

Pardon, but you're overthinking this one - the difference in price is trivial. Just use the higher octane and forget about it.
The vendor has written a comprehensive thread on the subject as well, so the info is yours if you want it, but it only seems to affect a certain Akro pipe, so if you don't have the Akro, again, don't worry about it.

That said, here's some basic things about octane: higher is more stable than lower octane - it doesn't ignite as easily as the lower octane mix. This leads to two things: 1) a decrease in "detonation" (knock, pinging) and this is good as detonation chews up engines; 2) and the ability to have a higher state of tune on the bike for more power without detonation. For instance, you can have a higher compression ratio and that will almost certainly increase the power output, but this will put you at more risk for detonation on hot days, or on bad gas, or when you're at a lower state of tune (eg bad plugs). So you are mandated to higher octane gas.

BUT . . . if you have a lower state of tune on your ride, and you don't have an active knock sensor tweaking timing to max output, you get no gains or any other benefit from a higher octane gas. None. This is a common misunderstanding. To have a benefit from using higher octane gas, you must have a state of tune to support it. If Yamaha says 87 is fine, then it is fine for their state of tune. Using higher octane gas only helps if you're state of tune is significantly lower or you're running on crazy hot days, or you're loading the engine unusually.

For what it's worth, I use higher octane in my bike but not in my car. Why? Read the initial statement; it's $0.5 more per tank. But also I have some tune mods (timing) so I'm getting more power from the higher state of tune and it needs the higher octane to avoid detonation.

And, yes, one of their primary tools for getting the power gains from their flash is tweaking timing, almost certainly *advancing* it to just below detonation issues. This is a basic approach for more power, but you risk detonation from advancing the ignition so it's a good idea to use higher octane.

Also, mixing the octane is fine and you'll get an average of the two ratings. Go ahead.

Cheers

Well I just got to work and noticed a few times when taking off slowly from a stop it stuttered a little kinda like it wasn't getting fuel or something. I'm not concerned with price or any power increase hence why my bike is stock, I just want something reliable that has very little maintenance as it's my daily driver. I will try 91 octane on the next fill up and see if it makes any difference. I also noticed some funky gas related smells on my way to work but could just be the terrible air in L.A. Will keep monitoring.. but I'm still very happy overall with the changes.

• Premium Member

@anips ECU came back through USPS or other parcel service?

@anips ECU came back through USPS or other parcel service?
Got mine through USPS, in one of those small flat rate shipping boxes. 

The vendor has written a comprehensive thread on the subject as well, so the info is yours if you want it, 

Ok, found it.  Thanks.

• Premium Member

Lucky!  I shipped mine out Friday, it arrived in their mailbox on Saturday -- still waiting for it to arrive.  Kinda wished that @2wheeldynoworks would contact people via email when they receive the units and then again when they ship them to give worriers like me some peace of mind (hint hint) :)

603nytroxtx

I can get you guys tracking if you want. PM me if you want it

2015 FZ-07 Graphite
*2WDW ECU Flash
*OES Sliders
*Yamaha Fly Screen

603nytroxtx

This deal is officially over! Thanks to everyone who joined in. I'm getting my ECU back today!!! Yay

2015 FZ-07 Graphite
*2WDW ECU Flash
*OES Sliders
*Yamaha Fly Screen

This deal is officially over! Thanks to everyone who joined in. I'm getting my ECU back today!!! Yay

Mine will be coming in today as well! So excited. Thanks for setting this up.

603nytroxtx
How many people officially made the deal in the end?
We had a grand total of 17 people that made it happen!  

2015 FZ-07 Graphite
*2WDW ECU Flash
*OES Sliders
*Yamaha Fly Screen

Thanks for setting it up! Although now my wallet hates you because I enjoy my bike so much more that I want to spend more money on it now.

603nytroxtx
Thanks for setting it up! Although now my wallet hates you because I enjoy my bike so much more that I want to spend more money on it now.
My work is done here.....(mic drop)  

2015 FZ-07 Graphite
*2WDW ECU Flash
*OES Sliders
*Yamaha Fly Screen

Not 5 minutes after I get the ecu installed and the bike put back together, I hear rain hitting the roof. I check my phone and there is a severe thunderstorm warning for my county, and it is supposed to last for the next 3 days... COME ON!

• Premium Member

Got mine back today, reinstalled, ejk reset to 0, and O2 sensor reconnected. Will be riding her late tonight to shake her down

Came back from errands and dinner and there it was. I'll put everything back together tomorrow.

Archived