The MT-07 Forum

Any Austin Texas Area Riders Out There

googletx

Check in if your around the Austin area. I am the proud owner of a Pearl White FZ-07 #000302 bought from Central Texas PowerSports.

• Like 1

I'm just south of Austin, city of buda. Commute to austin everyday tho. . It will probably be Dec or Jan before I'm ready to buy. Were you happy with ctpowersports?

Welcome to the forum stickman. Yes I was pleased with Centex plus the owner gave me a tour of his beautiful collection of vintage bikes above the showroom floor. What dealers are down there by Buda?

Woods fun center and woods cycle country are the 2 closest, did you do much pricing with different dealers? Mind if I ask what your otd price was? I'll keep my eye out for you, I've still not seen one on the road yet.

Woods Fun Center completely pissed me off and that's even with having friends that work there. My OTD price was around $7500 if im not mistaken. Do any of the dealers by you have them in stock?

• 1 month later...

Hi there I recently moved to Austin and just bought my FZ-07 (and my wife's Ninja 1000) from Woods. I really don't have any complaints. The sales service was great. I ride pretty much daily as we only have one car (that we just bought when we moved here) so I zip down to the coffee shop or grocery store to get out of the house.

• 2 months later...

20+ year Austinite, picking up my bike on Saturday. 

My bike history
-----------------
82 VT-500 Ascot
86 VFR Interceptor
04 MV Agusta F4 Brutale S (750)
10 Street Triple R
15 FZ-07 (arrived 12/6/2015)!!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Premium Member

I live in south Austin and am about to move to cedar park. I just picked up my white fz07 2 weeks ago from woods fun center. Not crazy good service but not really going to complain. I believe I paid 7400 otd but they tried to up sell me on every add on they could find. :-/ was not going yo play that game.

How is everybody liking their rides?!

• 3 weeks later...

Rode to Wimberley this weekend -- ugh the destruction from the floods is amazing.

I met someone on a white FZ-07 at Starbucks Sunday morning. Not sure if that person is on this board. They were going on a community ride to raise awareness about motorcycles and thought we were the group but it was just the three of us heading out for a half-day ride.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

that was me! hahaha! small world... sad to hear that Wimberley was/is so torn up. :-/ such a beautiful part of the hill country. How were the roads / bridges?

yeah you guys left just in time because about 30 riders showed up as soon as you all took off. We ended up going through down town and then headed out to the Oasis *not that good of food, but the view was great*. 

[attachment id=395" thumbnail="1][attachment id=397" thumbnail="1][attachment id=396" thumbnail="1]

• 1 month later...
clutchkiller

I'm located about an hour northeast of Austin. Copperas Cove, Texas. You may have heard of Fort Hood which is about 10 miles west of Copperas Cove. I haven't ridden into Austin yet, but will be soon. 

Anybody in Austin do the fender delete? I'm considering buying one but wanted to see one first.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I have one on my bike. a cheap Ebay one but it works. super easy to install.

[attachment id=644" thumbnail="1][attachment id=645" thumbnail="1]

[attachment thumbnail=1" id="644][attachment thumbnail=1" id="645]

How much did you pay? I'm considering buying the one on the message board here.

holokitten

Hey, I'm also from Austin. Got mine from Woods last August. Daily commute from Austin to Bee Cave for work down SW Parkway which is generally traffic free and pretty good scenery. The FZ-07 saves me a fortune in gas since my car is a super thirsty rotary. Its pretty great seeing all these 07 owners, the last time I was at woods I think they had one parked out front and two on the showroom floor and it made me wonder how many were out on the road.

Soon I'm going to do something a little 'nuts': taking the bike on a 12 day excursion from Austin to Santa Fe, then up to Moab/Arches and Salt Lake City, over to Denver and then back home, camping in state parks the whole way (except for the time I'm vising my family in Utah). As soon as I get it back (its been in the shop at Woods for about 2 weeks due to a CEL that has stumped both Woods AND Yamaha) I'll be kitting it out with all the touring essentials. I always thought I'd be doing this trip with my next motorcycle, something more touring oriented, but then I realized hey... I could spend my entire life waiting for the perfect conditions or I could just go out and have an adventure with what I've got now.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

How much did you pay? I'm considering buying the one on the message board here.

I think it was 50 bucks with no leds. The one from here on the board is a high quality product and I fully recommend it. A bit more expensive but worth the extra $$.

• Premium Member
Hey, I'm also from Austin. Got mine from Woods last August. Daily commute from Austin to Bee Cave for work down SW Parkway which is generally traffic free and pretty good scenery. The FZ-07 saves me a fortune in gas since my car is a super thirsty rotary. Its pretty great seeing all these 07 owners, the last time I was at woods I think they had one parked out front and two on the showroom floor and it made me wonder how many were out on the road. 
Soon I'm going to do something a little 'nuts': taking the bike on a 12 day excursion from Austin to Santa Fe, then up to Moab/Arches and Salt Lake City, over to Denver and then back home, camping in state parks the whole way (except for the time I'm vising my family in Utah). As soon as I get it back (its been in the shop at Woods for about 2 weeks due to a CEL that has stumped both Woods AND Yamaha) I'll be kitting it out with all the touring essentials. I always thought I'd be doing this trip with my next motorcycle, something more touring oriented, but then I realized hey... I could spend my entire life waiting for the perfect conditions or I could just go out and have an adventure with what I've got now.
It is crazy to say this but I'm doing the exact same thing that your are doing *road trip*. In September I'm taking two weeks off from work, and heading out to Santa fe, grand canyon, Vegas, LA, San Francisco and then work my way back. Lots of miles but so amped to do it. 
I was in the same boat you were in, in that, I was waiting for the perfect time to do it, and not just going out and doing it. :-/ there never will be a perfect time, so you just have to do it. :-)

I have a truck and driving from Leander to 620 and 71 for work. This bike saves me soooo much on gas, it pays for itself. If you ever see a white fz07, it's probably me. 
  • Like 1

Jealous. Both of those trips spund awesome. The wife and I will probably do a bike trip sometime in the future, but probably start with Big Bend or something.

I'm thinking I'll get the one from here on the board since it's so reasonably priced.

Oh and I work from home. I ride mine to the coffee shop in the morning and chill for a bit then ride home and work. I finally broke down and bought a car, a 2014 WRX hatchback. It's great on days when the bike isn't rideable due to weather, or if I need to go get groceries or haul something.

• Like 1

holokitten
I have a truck and driving from Leander to 620 and 71 for work. This bike saves me soooo much on gas, it pays for itself. If you ever see a white fz07, it's probably me. 
Nice, I got a white one too.  I'm a sucker for anything white and sporty (GT-R, new Vette etc...) 
I just installed an Airhawk DS tonight so we'll see how it rides on the way to work tomorrow.  Initial impressions from sitting on it were worrying... because of the downward slope to the seat I felt like I rolled forward to the front of the pad which then collapsed (due to the air moving to the back pockets) so that I was mostly sitting on the seat below.  Hopefully I can dial it in after a few rides.

A trip out to Big Bend would be awesome.  I'll probably do that next year... in October.
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Lowsided today. Lady cut me off at I35s and 1327 on my way to Starbucks. Hit both brakes in an attempt to just stop but was already turned into the corner and tried to undercut so I wouldn't slam into the side of her car and down I went. Bruised elbow and knee, lost some skin and pulled some muscles in my chest but was wearing jeans, padded jacket and of course a helmet and gloves so it wasn't bad.

Worst part: She took off, then to add insult to injury, the people that witnessed it all just drove around me without even stopping to ask if I was OK or anything. I fu**ing hate people.

Be careful out there.

ETA: Forgot to tell you all about the most important thing: the bike. 

The shifter is bent but the rod is true so that'll be a $35 fix. A little road rash on the plastic bits just below the tank. All in all, less than $100 worth of damage and pretty easy fixes. 

Lucky all around, I'd say. 

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

Sorry to hear about your spill ^^

Finally got around to looking into this sub forum. A little south of Austin, Kyle to be exact.

I bought mine used back in April with only 450 miles on it. Mine is gray with the blurple wheels. I haven't done much to it so far. I put the titanium akra on it, ordered a fender eliminator and shorty levers, and should have my ECU out for a reflash soon. That should be about all I'll do to it. Haven't seen but maybe one other fz07 since I bought mine.

Y'all ride safe it there and I'll see you around.

• 11 months later...

Checking in from Kyle, TX. Bought mine used in May of 2016 and have been loving it ever since. It's mostly stock right now and planning on mods by next year.

You do you and I'll do me.