The MT-07 Forum

Dual Headlight Upgrade COMPLETED

AlbatrossCafe

Well, if you can't fab and no one offers decent stuff then you did the best you could. My vertical preference is just that, a preference, doesn't mean it doesn't look good. I'm mostly impressed that you did all that on your own, fab master or not. I don't have that kind of patience. If I can't do it in one day I'm not doing it. Hat's off!

BTW, I just bought Wall.E from Amazon a few weeks ago, good animated movie!

Beemer

• Premium Member

Very nice work, it looks clean! I always really like the look of both dual setups you've got there. Very Brundlefly. 8-) 8-)

[attachment id=1842" thumbnail="1]

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• 1 month later...

The mounting brackets for the windscreen from Yamaha (part 1WSF83J0T0) attaches to the upper fork tubes. With your skills you might be able to modify them to work with one of the other screens your interested in. They use a longer bolt and spacers for it to mount flush, so you may be able to make your own to fit any screen.

AlbatrossCafe
The mounting brackets for the windscreen from Yamaha (part 1WSF83J0T0) attaches to the upper fork tubes. With your skills you might be able to modify them to work with one of the other screens your interested in. They use a longer bolt and spacers for it to mount flush, so you may be able to make your own to fit any screen.
It's kind of grown on me without the windscreen, though a screen would help weatherproof it a bit. As of now, when it really rains on me, my signals will just stay on (no flashing) until it dries out a bit. I really need to work on sealing some connections... 
Do you have the OEM Windscreen part? I would like to see a closeup of it mounted to the tubes to see how much clearance I would have with the dual headlights... anything that mounts to the fork tubes has been pretty easy to manhandle around to how I want it, so it may be possible to use it.

i have though about the dual headlight mod for my bike for next year. I really liked the street triple R but like one of you pointed out, they are frame mounted and big. However an expensive thought that just struck me was, how would an FZ10 headlight assembly look? I personally don't know how big it is. But They look like fork mounted.

Any photoshop experts??

AlbatrossCafe
Dont have any pictures of individual pieces. Downside of mounting it onto the fork tubes is it can block access to the "Frankenstein" bolts for the headlight. http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l356/5tonfan/Bike/20160802_175957_zpskqlfetzu.jpg
http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l356/5tonfan/Bike/20160802_175901_zps3qs4gvts.jpg
Ah so it mounts right to the triple tree bolts. That may work... is the placement of the screen adjustable at all? Like could I move it up and closer to my face by an inch or so? I don't have a lot of room above the headlights to work with. 

• Premium Member
I changed my fz07 head light with the Kawasaki Z1000
I just looked up the Z1000 headlight, it looks pretty mean. Can you post up a bunch of pictures for the rest of the class?  :)

:: '15 Pearl White FZ-07 - OES Frame/Fork/Swingarm Sliders - Motodynamic LED Tail - Yoshimura Fender Eliminator - RIDEIT Levers - Yoshimura R-77 Carbon Exhaust - Seat Concepts - Evotech Radiator Guard & Pillion Kit - TechSpec Grip - Cyclops H4 LED - LED Turn Signals - Progrip 699s - R6 Throttle Tube - K&N Filters - SM M1 Handlebars - EPFA Pads - Gilles Rearsets - 2WDW ECU Flash - CRG Arrows - Forks By Matt Cartridges - K-tech Razor-R Shock - GoCruise Throttle Lock::

I changed my fz07 head light with the Kawasaki Z1000
I just looked up the Z1000 headlight, it looks pretty mean. Can you post up a bunch of pictures for the rest of the class?  :)
That Z1000 headlight does look mean.

Ditto on the pics, Must see!

Sorry @albatrosscafe , not trying to jack your thread. 
Though I am trying to imagine this on a fz.
PUIG18614_zpsehcm7j0g.jpg

I think those would be better suited on Flash Gordon's space ship. 

[attachment id=2161" thumbnail="1]

Beemer

AlbatrossCafe

@stidco is the one that jacked it... he posted the same thing 4 times in a row and quoted himself. lol.

I'm always open to ideas for headlights. I have several types of wiring now (the stuff I am not currently using is stuffed into the side cover) so it is really easy for me now to swap anything out if I decide I like it. PICS!

pineappleunderthesea

I think those would be better suited on Flash Gordon's space ship. 

I disagree:  this is what the Xenomorph queen in Aliens would check as an option if she had a space ship.

bmwpowere36m3

Reminds me of the new Ducati... much better than the FZ-10!

• 4 months later...
AlbatrossCafe

I made a walk-around video since some had asked for it:

I bought a windscreen that is supposed to mount on my handlebars, but with the Renthal Ultralows I couldn't find space to mount it. I want to try to reuse the 2 threaded holes that the stock assembly hung from at the top. I'll have to make some brackets first...

• 10 months later...

Can we have the Kawasaki headlights mod photo somewhere else besides Photobucket? It's a very annoying service, it gets over the limit all the time and the photo doesn't show.

I'm curious to see how i looks.

Archived