The MT-07 Forum

Akrapovic exhaust without db killer and cat

qjohnson

Yeah I thought about that too lol. I'll have the cat in mine so it shouldn't be as loud as if both were removed. My wr250x was pretty loud so I'm sure my neighbors are used to it lol.

Y'all need to stop posting these sound videos of the 07 with exhaust on them. I got the bike bc it was quiet and can sneak out w/out waking the family. But these exhaust notes a super sweet, almost car like.

Revzilla won't even let you order the exhaust anymore last time I checked because their out of stock. Good thing I got my order in early:)

Yes, but the cool thing about Revzilla is you can have your email added and they will contact you when they have caught up.

I can't wait to get mine.
:)

Glad I ordered when I did.

• Premium Member

This is the set up I'm going with also.  Akra Titanium, without cat and DB killer removed.  What I find interesting is that this guy is obviously from Europe, yet it appears he has the "aftermarket" Akra pipe with Yellow sticker, as opposed to the grey screen printed Akra logo that comes on the versions sold through the Yamaha UK dealers...

Anyone noticed that, or am I the only one?

:)

- Paulie

Didn't notice that. Maybe he went straight through akra instead of going through the dealer? Idk buuuuuut here's another video:) skip to the last 3rd of the video. The guy is speaking French or something in the first parts so just skip that.

PearlWhiteFZ

So I'm confused (sorry, just need clarity) does the exhaust not come/ come with the Cat? I know about the DB killer coming with it and just being removed. I am not sure about the cat though since it is sold separately.

Yes the cat is sold separately. Revzilla has them for about 100 bucks. Product code is P-KAT-028. Looks like their out of stock at the moment tho.

After I ordered my cat They cancelled my order because they did not have anymore.
Since I want to run mine with the Cat, I cancelled my Exhaust order.

I'll keep the money in my account until someone has everything in stock for a decent price.

I'm not in a rush and have other mods I can do in the meanwhile

• Premium Member

You'll never guess what just showed up at my door...

Yes, it's here! And as an added bonus, I also got the DNA air filter and stage 2 airbox cover from DNA directly. Paid an arm and a leg for shipping, but it shipped Monday and got here Wednesday. Not bad since it came from halfway around the world (Athens, Greece).

It'll be a few weeks before everything is in place though as I'm waiting on my fueling solution :)

- Paulie

You'll never guess what just showed up at my door... 

Yes, it's here! And as an added bonus, I also got the DNA air filter and stage 2 airbox cover from DNA directly. Paid an arm and a leg for shipping, but it shipped Monday and got here Wednesday. Not bad since it came from halfway around the world (Athens, Greece).

It'll be a few weeks before everything is in place though as I'm waiting on my fueling solution :)

- Paulie
Your akra system showed up? Mine should be here in a day or 2:) I havnt invested any money into the air box yet because there's no fuel controller available to accommodate those adjustments yet.  

After I ordered my cat They cancelled my order because they did not have anymore. Since I want to run mine with the Cat, I cancelled my Exhaust order.

I'll keep the money in my account until someone has everything in stock for a decent price.

Sorry to hear man. Mine hasn't been cancelled yet I don't think. Maybe I should check up on that. Why did you cancel the exhaust order? Couldn't you have just held onto it till you are able to get the cat to install everything? It's probably gonna be a while before anyone drops their prices. 

• Premium Member
Your akra system showed up? Mine should be here in a day or 2:) I havnt invested any money into the air box yet because there's no fuel controller available to accommodate those adjustments yet.  

Yes Sir!  It arrived today.  I didn't get mine through Revzilla though.  It came directly from Akra.  It's a long story (don't ask), lol ;)

As for the fueling solution, that's exactly why I'm not going to install anything yet - hopefully soon though :)

You'll most likely install yours before me, so please be sure to let us know how it goes!  I am going to wait until I can do everything at once, to see the before and after results.  DNA lists their filter and stage 2 airbox cover as having 179.76% more airflow, with 98-99 filtering capacity.  That, combined with the Akra and no cat and DB Killer removed should make for some pretty good gains with proper fueling.  We shall see :)

- Paulie

After I ordered my cat They cancelled my order because they did not have anymore. Since I want to run mine with the Cat, I cancelled my Exhaust order.

Sorry to hear man. Mine hasn't been cancelled yet I don't think. Maybe I should check up on that. Why did you cancel the exhaust order? Couldn't you have just held onto it till you are able to get the cat to install everything? It's probably gonna be a while before anyone drops their prices. 
Since its not in stock and id have to look for a cat to install it, i figured i did not want $1000 sitting in a box doing nothing.   That also got me thinking is 3hp and better sound worth $1000.  
At the moment, for me, the answer is no

Yes Sir!  It arrived today.  I didn't get mine through Revzilla though.  It came directly from Akra.  It's a long story (don't ask), lol ;)

As for the fueling solution, that's exactly why I'm not going to install anything yet - hopefully soon though :)

You'll most likely install yours before me, so please be sure to let us know how it goes!  I am going to wait until I can do everything at once, to see the before and after results.  DNA lists their filter and stage 2 airbox cover as having 179.76% more airflow, with 98-99 filtering capacity.  That, combined with the Akra and no cat and DB Killer removed should make for some pretty good gains with proper fueling.  We shall see :)

- Paulie

I'll definitely keep you guys updated on how it goes. I think when I get it I'm going to put the cat in and keep the db killer in and ride around for a little bit. Then I'll remove the db killer and see what happens. I'll make sure to note engine temp from stock exhaust, akra with db killer and cat in, and akra with cat in and no db killer. I don't think Ill plan on removing the cat but the db killer is definitely coming out. 

I heard that with the db killer but without the cat it's still basically the same as stock, except a slight sound difference? (Neglecting all the performance increases)

"Shoot? I'm a hippie. The only thing I've shot is acid. I heard of a dude snorted it once. Thought his nose was a kangaroo and the moon was a dog! WOOH!" - The Truth (GTA San Andreas)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived