The MT-07 Forum

Gauge scratches

Simbadc650

Well my gauge got scratched while at work, will warranty cover damages?? Or anyway to remove the scratches or settle on a new gauge.

• Global Moderator
Well my gauge got scratched while at work, will warranty cover damages?? Or anyway to remove the scratches or settle on a new gauge.
New gauge is only real option unfortunately...
the lcd covering film isnt very thick and i havent found a way to remove the scratches on mine
$220 or so for a new meter :(

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Global Moderator
sad, guess ill just get a protective film for it and just cry everytime i look down
How bad are the scratches?

like someone used it to write something, light but smudgy scratches
I hate people. 
I've seen 'screen protector' film for our bike's gauge being sold somewhere, at the time I thought it was silly....

Guest Ralph

Depends how deep they are,
Solvo Autosol chrome polish
Tooth paste
Jewellers Ruge
Stuff for removing scratches from mobi phones
all work but try in a small out of the way place bit before going for it.
Don't think the warranty will cover it but insurance may but due to no claims
and having to pay the first £££ may not be worth it.

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

before you get a new dash, try rubbing some toothpaste on the dash. It has fine grinding particles that can smooth out some plastics.

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

You will find HERE some tips and tricks that people (me included) use on their phones screens.

They should apply for the dash screen too. Anyway, a lot cheaper then 220$.

And definitely get a screen protector for it once you get rid of the scratches. Even if you have to buy a phablet/tablet screen protector and cut it to size it is still worth the shot.

MT-07 Prospect

bmwpowere36m3

If their very light, I'd start with Plexus plastic cleaner, protectant and polish. It works well and its a good cleaner/polish for plastic in general. Otherwise, try the lightest automotive polish (i.e., swirl remover) on a microfiber towel (or add applicator), before jumping to rubbing compound. The LCD for some reason is very delicate on this bike. I cut a tablet screen protector to fit and it's been good since I put it on since last year.

If this is safe to get rid of scratches on plastic headlights I would think it's safe to use on other clear plastics but don't take my word for it. It's just a heads up to the product you may have not known about, you decide and good luck whatever you choose to do.

http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotive/products/g3000-heavy-duty-headlight-restoration-kit/#XCh2EW4Hm0ZVRog5.97

Beemer

ParticleCannon

Along these lines if one were to dish out the whole LCD unit: Where is the mileage and trip information stored? If we change the LCD with a brand new replacement, does the counter start at zero?

Yeah ordered last nite u want one it's a three pack.
Heck yeah! Thanks!
ships from turkey ill let u know when i get them 

Thanks again ☺ ill see you Sunday

Yo u still got those janky mirrors? Lol I'll buy those off ya looking to mess around with a pair of those

Thanks again ☺ ill see you Sunday
Yo u still got those janky mirrors? Lol I'll buy those off ya looking to mess around with a pair of those
Yeah got them. You can have them. If I remember I'll bring the. Sunday

FFA32816-22CF-4855-A684-E1B012F29705_zpszmpoyuug.jpg
Here it is, reminds me of those credit card scanners everywhere the part of the glass u need to sign.

Here it is, reminds me of those credit card scanners everywhere the part of the glass u need to sign.
I just picked up a new-to-me 2015 and it has that line.  Looks to me like something burned into the LCD rather than anything on the surface of the display.

• Global Moderator
I just picked up a new-to-me 2015 and it has that line.  Looks to me like something burned into the LCD rather than anything on the surface of the display.
The line isnt a scratch, just a printed line
theres a light scratch down the middle if that lcs

The line isnt a scratch, just a printed line theres a light scratch down the middle if that lcs
Duh.  Thought about it a little, ran upstairs to delete the post -- too late!

• Global Moderator
The line isnt a scratch, just a printed line theres a light scratch down the middle if that lcs
Im a reply ninja... thnx to tapatalk

*strikes ninja pose with keyboards in each hand*

Im a reply ninja... thnx to tapatalk 

*strikes ninja pose with keyboards in each hand*
bahaha 

Archived