The MT-07 Forum

Will wheelie for boobs

go4geoff

Hey FZ fam, since I've owned the bike about 2 months I've still been trying to get wheelies down pat on the FZ. A much diff feel from the '05 gixxer 6 I rode previously. Granted the front tire shoots up super quick in 1st and 2nd on our bike, I haven't been able to clutch it up in 3rd. What rpm range do you guys find the bike picks up easiest at in 3rd? Do you prefer clutching it up in 3rd, or power wheelies while bouncing the front end up? I'd love to hear the advice from other FZ riders that can wheelie comfortably. Appreciate the fun help in advance! :thumbup: :cool:

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |

twowheeladdict

Unfortunately, I have a job that requires me to keep a clean license, and no jail time for stunting. I leave wheelies for the woods.

Lost my license for a year when I was young. Not a fun time.

2015 FZ-07

Ughhh I'd cringe to not have my license to ride. Especially in LA, it's no joke

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |

The bike is going to be flying by the time your torque peaks in 3rd gear so even bouncing it to pull and hold/ride a wheelie isn't going to be a piece of cake, not for me anyway and may prove to be a dangerous attempt. You're most likely going too fast to be effective unless you're super good at doing wheelies at high speed. I have pulled the tire up what felt like maybe six inches or so at most when speed shifting but that's about the best I personally could do. I haven't tried the stand and bounce method and don't want to. The ergo's just feel all wrong for that with this bike, for me. Good luck, don't let your hands slip off the grips when you jerk on them!  ;)

Beemer

• Premium Member

This guys pulls up in 3rd
I can get up in first with no effort and little in 2nd

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

twowheeladdict
This guys pulls up in 3rd I can get up in first with no effort and little in 2nd

If that were the only kind of roads I had to ride on, I would probably just stick to cruisers. Talk about boring...

2015 FZ-07

• Premium Member

Yeah FL is not known for its curvy roads lol but when my ballZ are ice cubes I wish I was in FL

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

So the rider in the video does his 3rd gear wheelies using power up & fork compression. Haven't tried it that high in RPMs yet. But it seems like you have to have the engine almost maxed out to compress the forks and bounce it up to you. You'll have to hit balance point real quick to bring the revs down a bit for better throttle control. Appreciate the vid link @jake! I'm curious to know if anyone clutches it up in 3rd? As that's the method I prefer. 1st and 2nd gear is effortless at almost any rpm using clutch. Just need to find out the trick for 3rd gear lol

jake

When I think of power wheelies I think of hitting the gas only to see if the front will come up and I can do that in 1st & 2nd gears like he demonstrated but like me, he couldn't do it in 3rd without revving and bouncing and those nice high bars probably help to some extent. Either way, it's cool to know the bike can do it. I enjoyed the video, his enthusiasm and the Grinch that briefly stole happy time.

Beemer

• 2 months later...

I wheelie in 3rd and 4th coming over hills if it counts XD I can get nearly to 12 o'clock in 4th on the hill next to my house and it scares the living shit out of the cars cresting the hill in the opposite direction.. Asshole? Maybe. Worth it? Totally lol.

Archived