The MT-07 Forum

Motodynamics flush mount flashers

iluvspdtt

I installed a set of motodynamics led flush mount flashers the other day. They were made for 2008-2016 r6. I thought they were going to require some modification with a dremel but I ended up just taking out the small Phillips head screw to remove the adapter piece. Then I used a couple #6x1/2" sheetmetal screws and 1/8"x3/4" fender washers, one on each to replace the Philips screws. I then just used the backing plate that came with the flashers to clamp the flasher onto the housing. Really simple and no modification required to the flasher or housing. I didn't take any pics with it apart but I can when I install the new headlight bulb.
Here's some pics on the bike.
20160408_191823_zpsabkt3i1h.jpg
20160410_175212_zpsfh8vk2fo.jpg

And the adapter I removed.
20160410_180207_zpswuezo01a.jpg

I hope that this helps some people out.

They are nice and bright. Match the bike well. I just ordered the new flasher relay to slow down the rate so hopefully I'll like them a little better. Only problem I have so far is because they ate so close to the headlight, at night they aren't very visible. I plan to add some more flashers up front just not quite sure where yet.

They did but I also have an integrated taillight that needs slowed down and space is pretty limited behind the headlight, so I opted for the flasher relay from custom led.

They did but I also have an integrated taillight that needs slowed down and space is pretty limited behind the headlight, so I opted for the flasher relay from custom led.
Oh I c. ☺

Yeah, maybe a little lazy but I also didn't want to add any more wires or clutter in the back. Gotta save room for my 3 lbs of stuff. Lol.

The only thing I might have done a little different is to use shorter screws, unfortunately the hardware store only had 1/2" long. 3/8" would have probably been prefect.

Lookin good. Yours look a lot brighter than mine. Probably just the pictures though.
I turned off the lights in the garage before I took the pictures

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

I got mine from like tts industries or something. Come with everything you need.

-JT

• 4 weeks later...

Finally remembered to take pictures of the washers on the back of the housing. Hopefully it's not too late.
20160703_101844_zpswcteslep.jpg

Archived