The MT-07 Forum

Lower Handle Bar Risers

howlinhoss

Has anyone replaced the stock handle bar risers with a shorter version? I see some short handlebar bar risers that fz6 and fz1 guys use. I am playing with this idea as I am building up my fz to be a track bike.

• Global Moderator
Has anyone replaced the stock handle bar risers with a shorter version? I see some short handlebar bar risers that fz6 and fz1 guys use. I am playing with this idea as I am building up my fz to be a track bike.
I any links for the sets the fz6/1 guys are using?

tried using a cheapo set off amazon, i dotn care for the way they feel.

Ive even debated grabbing some of the fz09 risers as they are about half the height of stock not sure how well they'll work though

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Ive even debated grabbing some of the fz09 risers as they are about half the height of stock not sure how well they'll work though
I will take a look. What was wrong with the cheapo version you got?

• Global Moderator

I will take a look. What was wrong with the cheapo version you got?
Never could get em aligned right, and the aluminum is softer than advertised

Plus the anodization has turned gold

I also saw that fz1 riders use a GYTR low riser. Looks much lower than stock.

GYTR Low Risers

The GYTR low riser has the following measurements:
Length at widest point of top clamp: 11.25cm
Center hole to center hole, horizontal: 8.5cm
Center hole to center hold, vertical: 4cm
Accepts 7/8" handlebars

Going to go see if this fits the bike. 

• 1 month later...

I'm following this. I want to keep the bike streetable but at 6'1" the stock bars are too high and close for any real fun at a trackday.

• 2 months later...

i was trolling eBay and found a set of risers from an old Yamaha Radian for $15. They are as low as you could get and they work fine, not super pretty but i guess you could hit them with a quick shot of spray paint before install. I also re-used the upper clamps so I'm really just runnign the bottom of the clamps from the radian. You're gonna have to improvise a new way to mount the gauges but no big deal

I just used a over the counter set of ordinary bar clamps. They came with a bigger main boly and I turned a couple of spacers to replace the rubber ones that are stock. Good improvement in road feel and not much more vibration. Moves the bars down and forward. I think I posted somewhere on the forum including with spacer dimensions.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• Global Moderator
I just used a over the counter set of ordinary bar clamps. They came with a bigger main boly and I turned a couple of spacers to replace the rubber ones that are stock. Good improvement in road feel and not much more vibration. Moves the bars down and forward. I think I posted somewhere on the forum including with spacer dimensions.
In your derestricting thread i believe.

Archived