The MT-07 Forum

FZ-07R to race Pike's Peak International Hill Climb event!

tvp

This year the governing body of PPIHC outlawed any bike with clip-ons. Allowing only "one piece" bars. A move to get rid of crotch rockets, while still letting bikes like the Ducati Multistrada with dirt bike style bars to compete. Since the FZ-07 has one piece factory handlebars, Andy over at AP Motoarts/Motoshop has built a custom FZ-07R to compete in the "Race To The Clouds", but the handle bars are not stock anymore. Andy fabricated a one of a kind one piece handle bar that resembles clip-ons. The best way I can describe them is "upside down dirt bike style bars with a little more curve.  Here is a picture.
PPIHC%20FZ-07R%202016_zpsatj1laro.jpg

It's exciting for me to see the little FZ go to a professional race of this caliber! I'm going to be watching live timing, and, or live video feed if they have it again this year. if you would like to follow them, the team will be under the Motoshop banner, with Tomasz Gambos aboard. (Tomas has raced PPIHC twice before on his R1) BeIn sports or MAV.TV may cover it live again. Can't wait!
They were at a track day last weekend testing. I was also there and was lucky enough to take it out for a few laps. I normally ride an R6 which is supposed to be a good handling machine, but this bike is like WOW! It is BY FAR the best handling, most fun bike I have ever ridden. This thing is on rails! It requires no input on the bars to turn, just look, lean and gas it! The farther over on the edge of the tire it is, the happier it is. Soooo much fun. If you have been considering turning yours into a AP Motoarts race bike, you won't be disappointed.Me having a ball. AP%20MotoArts%20FZ-07R_PPIHC%202016%201_zpsp1gbiyhz.jpg

[/img]

• Premium Member

Heck Yeah!

I Plan on taking the FZ on the track this year for sure!

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Beautiful. I want bars like those.
Several companies make bars just like that.  Their called "Clubman bars" 
Super popular with the cafe racer crowd.  Not sure why Andy had to make them from scratch...maybe the current crop of clubman bars aren't the right width or bend to accommodate the FZ-07 or Andy's upper fairing?

Either way nice job on the bars Andy.

@robertbishop , you might find that these will work for you:

Clubman Bars

Another set of Clubman Bars

BTW @tvp - Looking good out there!

:)

- Paulie

robertbishop

Thanks for the tip pgeldz. I actually ordered some yesterday. Will post before/ after pics when I get them in. Curious how they'll work with oem rear sets.

Archived