The MT-07 Forum

Props to 2WDW

Wanted to post my experience with these guys and the good work they do. I had my stock ECU reflashed and was very impressed with how it made the bike run better. I then decided to purchase a aftermarket exhaust for the bike and I reached out to 2WDW. They gave me feedback based on their experience and helped me decide on the Yoshimura pipe which I actually ordered directly from them. The beauty about it was I just sent my ECU back in and they re-flashed it for free!
Long story short, the upgraded exhaust and map took the FZ-07 to a new level in terms of performance and rideabiltiy. Unfortunately I lowsided the bike on some gravel a month back and ended up totaling the bike and the new exhaust. Luckily, no major injuries and insurance saved the day for me and I was able to replace the bike. I will be sending my new ECU into these guys shortly and letting them work their magic. Just wanted to put out a positive review from a happy customer.

ParticleCannon

(steal the ECU and pull a fast one with the new machine, or buy another ECU outright for ~450 and return the one from the new bike. shhh...)

I just got my ECU back today and got it installed. I am a person who is hard to impress, with people always claiming how their whoseywhatsit, thingamajig, or whatchamacallit makes something in your life better than anything that you have ever experienced and then it turns out just "ok".

I took it for a quick ride and I had an ear to ear grin on my face the whole time. I still get a smile on my face when I think about it. This is the best performance mod for this bike. I am so happy with the outcome.

Thank you 2WheelDynoworks!

• 4 weeks later...
2wheeldynoworks

it all works together towards the same goal! a better running machine means you can be a better operator

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker
Can you point us to the price list if we mail in an FZ-07 to be reflashed? I must have missed it.
It cost $319, which includes return shipping. The cost to ship it to 2WDW is on you. Most members ship it using USPS's Priority Mail using the Small Flat Rate Box supplied by the USPS. It cost $6.80 plus approximately another $6 if you add insurance. Here is a link to the 2WDW website: www.2wheeldynoworks.com/fz-07/  
I plan on sending my ECU after I get a new exhaust.

2wheeldynoworks
Can you point us to the price list if we mail in an FZ-07 to be reflashed? I must have missed it.

It cost $319, which includes return shipping. The cost to ship it to 2WDW is on you. Most members ship it using USPS's Priority Mail using the Small Flat Rate Box supplied by the USPS. It cost $6.80 plus approximately another $6 if you add insurance. Here is a link to the 2WDW website: www.2wheeldynoworks.com/fz-07/  
I plan on sending my ECU after I get a new exhaust.

beat me to it! thanks!

• 2 months later...

If I send in my ECU to get flashed, would that mean there would be no need for me to get a Power Commander or EJK DObeck device?? I'm familiar with tuning on cars, but new to motorcycles.

• Premium Member

You could run an EJK in addition to the flash. No need for it though. No need for a PCV either. I just got my flashed ECU back last week. Only got to try it for a few minutes before the rain started yesterday. Smooth, smooth, smooth... no decel pops and it even holds a wheelie easier. I'm excited to really get acquainted this weekend.

:: '15 Pearl White FZ-07 - OES Frame/Fork/Swingarm Sliders - Motodynamic LED Tail - Yoshimura Fender Eliminator - RIDEIT Levers - Yoshimura R-77 Carbon Exhaust - Seat Concepts - Evotech Radiator Guard & Pillion Kit - TechSpec Grip - Cyclops H4 LED - LED Turn Signals - Progrip 699s - R6 Throttle Tube - K&N Filters - SM M1 Handlebars - EPFA Pads - Gilles Rearsets - 2WDW ECU Flash - CRG Arrows - Forks By Matt Cartridges - K-tech Razor-R Shock - GoCruise Throttle Lock::

You could run an EJK in addition to the flash. No need for it though. No need for a PCV either. I just got my flashed ECU back last week. Only got to try it for a few minutes before the rain started yesterday. Smooth, smooth, smooth... no decel pops and it even holds a wheelie easier. I'm excited to really get acquainted this weekend.
I really want to change out the exhaust ASAP. my bike sounds like a damn scooter. I am looking at the M4 slip-on. Would I be ok running that without a tune for a little (until my 600-mile service) and then have my ecu flashed afterwards? 
I really hate the extreme engine braking of the bike!!

Welcome to the club.  You you can certainly run an M4 without flash for a while, but 2WDW provides a free re-flash when you change mods, so why not do it now?  You'll love the difference.

• Premium Member
I really want to change out the exhaust ASAP. my bike sounds like a damn scooter. I am looking at the M4 slip-on. Would I be ok running that without a tune for a little (until my 600-mile service) and then have my ecu flashed afterwards? 
You have options... drill holes in your stock exhaust this weekend for an instant solution if your hatred is that strong. You can also order the M4 exhaust immediately if you would like to do that instead. You'll be fine, I ran my bike for approx 3,000 with my Yoshi without an EJK or a ECU flash. I did have some deceleration popping and it obviously wasn't running as efficiently as it could with a tuning aid. Didn't hurt anything though. 
My suggestion to you is to go straight to the flash. The engine braking is extremely reduced and everything gets so nice and velvety. :)

:: '15 Pearl White FZ-07 - OES Frame/Fork/Swingarm Sliders - Motodynamic LED Tail - Yoshimura Fender Eliminator - RIDEIT Levers - Yoshimura R-77 Carbon Exhaust - Seat Concepts - Evotech Radiator Guard & Pillion Kit - TechSpec Grip - Cyclops H4 LED - LED Turn Signals - Progrip 699s - R6 Throttle Tube - K&N Filters - SM M1 Handlebars - EPFA Pads - Gilles Rearsets - 2WDW ECU Flash - CRG Arrows - Forks By Matt Cartridges - K-tech Razor-R Shock - GoCruise Throttle Lock::

Archived