The MT-07 Forum

Seat Concepts Group Buy

jeepinbassist

Thanks guys, I think I'll go all carbon, I've got an all carbon on my dual sport and it's nice to move around on it. And yes, the slope into the tank is annoying and will be worsened with rear raised at all so this was actually important to me also. I'm going to let them do the install for the $20, I figure they've done a few and I would have to get a bigger stapler and shipping from here in Norcal isn't bad down to them. Time to order...Mark

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scott's easy to deal with, seats ordered and he has enough for group deal so now will wait to hear when it's ship time...thank you for those who made this happen..Mark

603nytroxtx

Has anyone here shipped out their seat to Scott yet? If so what carrier did you use and how much was it? Scott suggested that I strip my seat down to the pan and ship it that way using UPS.

2015 FZ-07 Graphite
*Yoshimura R-77 Carbon Works Finish
*2WDW ECU Flash
*OES Sliders
*GearBrake Flashing Smart Brake Light
*Creese Tail Tidy with LED
*TST Industries Flushmount front LED
*Motionpro R6 throttle tube
*Yamaha Fly Screen
*X-Grip with Bruudt mount

I haven't heard from Scott yet on shipping the seats. He said that to maximize down time, he will send another message to all concerned once the foams have been poured and to send the seats in. I'm dying here! Lol!

sansnombre

Just spoke with Scott - anticipate something happening today or tomorrow with updates and what to expect next.

Cheers.

jeepinbassist

Hey guys I just got my invoice from Seat Concepts. What did you guys pay? I did the front and back and it came out at 174 not 154. I'm installing it myself so I'm assuming the extra $20 is a mistake. Anyone else get charged the same way?

pineappleunderthesea
Hey guys I just got my invoice from Seat Concepts. What did you guys pay? I did the front and back and it came out at 174 not 154. I'm installing it myself so I'm assuming the extra $20 is a mistake. Anyone else get charged the same way?
I did the front seat only and asked for them to do the install, so I see a separate $20 charge for that. My total adds up correctly if you take into account the $19.95 they charge for shipping. 

twowheeladdict

Shipping is just shy of $20. Got my PayPal invoice today. Installing myself if can get my air gun back from my BIL.

2015 FZ-07

Shipped out my seats! Postnet wanted to charge approx. $140 for UPS/FedEx priority, so I quickly left and went USPS priority for $16.65!

Called Seat Concepts last Thursday and they were hoping to ship mine back Friday or Saturday but I haven't received an email that it has shipped.

twowheeladdict

Anyone else try out their seat concepts seat? I don't really feel any difference, or the difference I feel isn't as good as stock. I only got to ride it 20 miles. I will try a 100 mile ride soon and see what I think. I was expecting wider like their dual sport seats. Seems to be the same size as stock, maybe a little thicker, but not as tapered like the stock. I liked how the stock had a cutout for the tailbone.

2015 FZ-07

sansnombre

Haven't ridden on it yet, but sat on it and first impression was that the edges across the back of the thigh were too sharp and you felt pressure points when you put your foot down.

But when sitting on it fully, it's much more supportive than stock, and the leg-down concern is pretty minimal, just a slightly rounded profile there would prob be better.

Almost certainly will get broken in over time and fit your backside better as you ride it.

Cheers.

pineappleunderthesea

Got mine back as well, haven't ridden on it yet, but just sitting on the bike it seems the seating position is more "neutral" as opposed to seating forward, so that should be nice. The one thing I notice is the seat cover squeaks against the bike when I'm shifting around on the seat, hopefully that quiets down as everything breaks in.

40 mile ride into DC and loved it! Butt felt planted without sliding forward which helped me focus on slicing and dicing through 66 traffic!

• 2 weeks later...
buffalobill

went for 150 mile ride yesterday , definite improvement but I was ready to get off . 102 degrees when I got home did not help .

Put mine on before a ride. Definite improvement for distance and slightly noticeable difference in firmness for short and spirited riding ( ie lack of sloppy feeling the stock one has) . It seems to have a nice balance of grip and slip when wearing jeans or Advanture pants. Not sure it wouldn't be slightly too slippery with leathers. Anyone wearing leather pants or full suit I would be interested to hear how it goes.
This is pretty much par for the course for all the Seat concepts seats I have installed on other bikes( BMW f800R, Husky TR650, Suzuki DRZ400SM).

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

forwardmotion

Does this seat add any height to the bike? In other words, when the seat is installed, does it increase the overall seat height of the bike?

• Global Moderator
Does this seat add any height to the bike? In other words, when the seat is installed, does it increase the overall seat height of the bike?
If it changes the height at all it is not by a noticeable amount. 

I will sell you mine for $50+shipping. It's as good as new. All carbon fiber cover.

modmaster

Archived