The MT-07 Forum

Aftermarket Handle Bars

howlinhoss

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not a betting man but it sure looks like those clubman bars were installed upside down. I've seen them on Buells and other bikes and they've never looked that aggressive.

Which ones did you go with Reaper?
Mine are ultra lows with d3aluma grips,crg barends,crg arrow mirrors,and crg levers

• 1 month later...
How would you say those bars affected the bike? How is it at low/high speed? Comfort?
To me they make it easier for me at any speed makes for more control on not so much up over the forks more down on top of them and go in for it comfort for me is fine

Nice! able, same questions to you.

How would you say the drag bars compared to the stockers in terms of comfort/control?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

For those that installed Renthal Ultra Lows, did you cut it at all or is the extra width okay?

I feel like I remember seeing in a post that someone had cut around 14mm off each end of the Renthals, but I can't quite remember which thread it's in. It's in one that has to do with handlebars though.

• Premium Member
I feel like I remember seeing in a post that someone had cut around 14mm off each end of the Renthals, but I can't quite remember which thread it's in. It's in one that has to do with handlebars though.
I did see that one since I've been scouring handlebar threads for the past couple of days haha. But I guess I wanted to know if people that didn't cut them found them too wide. I'd like to just bolt them on

• 8 months later...
  • Premium Member

Hey there, I just installed the same drag bar and was wondering if you have any clearance issues with clutch/brake lever brackets touching your plastics? (my plastics are still removed) Risers? If so, what size?

As well, how did you twist the throttle cables so far forward without having them bind up and make the throttle sticky? Mine seemed to offer very little choice for such a placement.

Regards.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Global Moderator

Wondering if anyone has tried doing a true clip-on style bar after removing the plastic fork cover....
If not i may just try it once i get some extra funds

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Wondering if anyone has tried doing a true clip-on style bar after removing the plastic fork cover.... If not i may just try it once i get some extra funds

You'll need to trim the tank cover for that.

• Premium Member
Wondering if anyone has tried doing a true clip-on style bar after removing the plastic fork cover....If not i may just try it once i get some extra funds

Yeah, I think any lower and you'd hit the black air intake plastics... 
Although, having said that, you could probably cut them to create room for the clip-ons, and then use them for a fiberglass mold to make new ones...

Hmm...

;)

- Paulie

• Global Moderator

Hmmmm..... maybe ill give it a shot after the new year.... put the bike down for a month or so and mod it up
anyone know a set that would fit the forks w/o needing clamp modification?

I think the problem with real clipons is the tank/ bars clearance . Almost always is. The good thing is that the "tank" in this case is a plastic non functional cover . Easy to make a new one with the appropiate cutouts like previously mentioned. Make a carbon one and you get extra bling...
I got rid of the plastic fok cover things immediately I got it home. Along with the reflectors

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• Global Moderator
If you are going the fork change route, why would you go conventional forks. Really a usd set would be a better upgrade and you would need the whole lot . Clamps. steerer, forks, wheels etc. Should be able to pick up second hand relatively cheaply. Seen heaps on ebay over the years ( not so much in Australia though). Often racing guys who have upgraded have sets and they can be well looked after and modded ( or not...). BUT no matter what forks you need to ensure you know what you are doing with offset, trail, steering lock etc. Maybe you do already, I don't know. This is as much for other readers who may not and think it may be a good idea.
I have @pattonme cartridges installed in my forks, im not looking for new forks... just a set of clip-ons
i was wondering if the woodcrafts for 41mm forks with the 2.5" riser in the up position would clear the plastocs and gove a much better overall feel.... after i get the rear shock replaced that is

• 2 months later...

I've been thinking about getting some hooligan style handlebars that come up higher, more like a dirt bike. I want them to be able to come back as well so that I can reach them easier, not that they're hard to now but just back an inch or two would be nice. I think they would also help to give the illusion that the windscreen is lower than it is. Does anyone have any suggestions for handlebars like that?

Beemer

Archived