The MT-07 Forum

Aftermarket Handle Bars

howlinhoss

• Premium Member

I should know pretty soon if the Suburban Machinery bars will work. I have 3 different sets to try. I'll keep everyone posted on the results...

:)

- Paulie

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
crazycracka501

So, like an idiot, I am a little sick, not clear headed, and decided to play with my bike to get it on the new bike racks I just got.  I dropped the bike and bent the handle bars on the throttle side.  Felt like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-rGnMKszxg

Please let me know a good alternative for better bars that will fit everything stock, I would really appreciate it. 

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

• Premium Member
Not sure if any of you follow the FZ09 forum too but this thread popped up. There might be hope for Woodcraft clip on adapters on the FZ09. I thought this might interest some people looking for a back killing position.  
http://www.fz09.org/forum/13-fz-09-gear-accessories/4783-woodcraft-clip-ons-adapter-plate-2.html
Those clip on adapters put the bars either just above the triple clamp, or just below it. 
I found the ultimate solution for those wanting a more sportbike position.  It's in the works right now and I'll know if everything fits in another week or so.

Stay tuned...

- Paulie

I have had a slew of handlebars on my FZ07 so far.
Stock Bars (??)
Ultra-Low Moto Bars ($58.99)
DimeCityCycle.com's 7/8" Clubman bars (59.99)
Drag Bar 7/8" (24.95)

By far the best looking is the clubman bars, but without rear sets, the seat posture was too uncomfortable. Until then I have come to a medium with the Drag Bar from amazon. Absolutely wins all around on performance, riding posture, looks great, and is comfortable for my shorter arms. It provides the slight lean forward you need to roll on the throttle without the feeling of lifting the front end off the ground every time.
Ill provide some pictures of the clubman bar, and will upload some pictures of the Drag bar tomorrow.
fz07_zps6ed8140c.jpg

Ok, originally bought woodcraft clip-ons with 2" Risers. Without modification of the forks they were not an option. You would have to remove the forks or cut off the sleeve from the upper forks. I decided it was too much to hassle with. I then bought all the types of handlebars I could think looked good on the bike. The best I have found so far was the Drag bars. 25$ Can't beat it.

@able were those the universal clip-ons or a kit like the Ducati Monster kits that they are looking for with the FZ-09?

And I'm soo digging the black drag bars..... I agree those clubman bars look seriously aggressive

The Dimecitycycle.com's Black Satin 7/8 Clubman Bars2bd9418d-db12-44b6-814e-8191512ce862_zps1a09655f.jpgfz07_zps6ed8140c.jpgKIMG0019_zpse3ec09dd.jpg And now the permanent bars : 25$ Black Drag Bars from Amazon
KIMG0024_zpsee2f74f4.jpgKIMG0025_zps025f1809.jpgba9d3ab9-e865-426e-83bf-b6d969e87fe6_zps3d9af966.jpgKIMG0027_zpse3c5dc08.jpg Let me know what you think! :)
Best looking bars i've seen so far! I like the drag bar better imo. I really want that on my bike.

Tailtidy is the Yoshimira for FZ07, and the lights are from a company on amazon. I just searched LED Motorcycle Turn Signals. They came in a 4-pack for 12.99. They are super bright, but they are a bit fragile. The front right one was broken by a rock on the interstate.
Edit: Also bought the Rizoma adapter plates for the turn signals. 15.99

Install was easier than the clubmans, didn't have to loosen the throttle cable or brake lines. Slid right on and bolted down you might have a issue with one side, it seemed as if the bar end was slightly bigger than the rest, I just used a pair of needlenose pliers to hold the lever mount open to get it over the one end. Instead of drilling holes for the switch assemblies, I used a dremel to sand down the assemblies.

• Global Moderator

I loved the one star review on those bars. Someone has a sense of humor (I hope...either that or he is dumber than a very stupid rock).

• 1 month later...
The Dimecitycycle.com's Black Satin 7/8 Clubman Bars2bd9418d-db12-44b6-814e-8191512ce862_zps1a09655f.jpgfz07_zps6ed8140c.jpgKIMG0019_zpse3ec09dd.jpg And now the permanent bars : 25$ Black Drag Bars from Amazon
KIMG0024_zpsee2f74f4.jpgKIMG0025_zps025f1809.jpgba9d3ab9-e865-426e-83bf-b6d969e87fe6_zps3d9af966.jpgKIMG0027_zpse3c5dc08.jpg Let me know what you think! :)
Wish I could see those drag bars in person

• 2 weeks later...

Able, those drag bars look incredible!  Thanks for sharing your work, you saved a lot of people a lot of time.  Now I know I need to find something with similar measurements. 

I loved the one star review on those bars. Someone has a sense of humor (I hope...either that or he is dumber than a very stupid rock).
That was funny.  Since he put a 1 star, I almost think he was serious. 

How much of a height and position difference are they from stock?

They look amazing. 

• 1 month later...

Those are the low bars right. I wonder if streetfighter is even lower? Now when you ride do you have to lean forward some instead of sitting straight up? looks sweet btw.

thanks jared

@able did you cut them down at all or leave them at stock width? I'm really liking how it looks! How's the feel? Like when ur riding and how does it change the riding position?

So yea I just ordered those drag bars lol. I've been looking at bars for a while and never really liked the options. Then I saw ables pics and winner winner chicken dinner boom click done. Now I wait lol. @able do you have any tips for the install? Any potential problems I may run into? Also are those just generic bar end mirrors? And how did you install them?

Archived