The MT-07 Forum

FZ-07 Fork 41 mm fork swap.

roninracing

Was kicking around my workshop yesterday and saw I still had a set of 41mm YZF 600 front forks on on the shelf. From the pics they look pretty similar. Gonna take a look once the bike arrives to see if they may fit but would likely be a cheap upgrade if they do.

Guest unknown

Let us know how it goes! I'm going to be looking to upgrade the suspension soon. I'd rather get an inverted fork setup sent off to traxxion than the stock fronts.

Dan at Traxxion thinks they may be too different to fit. Hoping to luck out cuz I have 600r rotors and calipers but not gonna rig something up if it doesn't fit perfect. Fingers crossed.

• 1 month later...

It's probably that you can use them just as long as you put the YFZ upper tubes and guts inside the -07 lowers. Brakes, speedo pickup etc. will all just work. However!! You'll need to compare lengths at full extension and see if the YZF's are long enough (probably). But also there's the matter of the mating cartridge bolt (bottom of fork) and whether or not the YZF bolt is the right diameter and length to fit inside the hole, let alone reach.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

Archived