The MT-07 Forum

Motodemic

jeffkisthename

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

Went over to Motodemic in Tracy, CA today and met the owner Brad. He told me, though the company mainly does round headlight conversions, he is interested in becoming more than just the headlight guy. He told me he already has sold 10 kits to FZ owners.

Here's a picture of one belonging to @shorec99 on Instagram. Not sure if he's on our forum.

8c6706a4768a4cf7b3d4126fe4dce59d.jpg

I looked at the two LED headlight offerings in person and watched their start ups and some operations. I don't know what they're like on the road, because well, I haven't ridden a bike with them installed yet. They do look promising though! The cool thing is, the Adaptive LED model is built for motorcycles, meaning, they have a sensor in them that registers lean angle and fires up the LEDS on the sides.

Adaptive LED Headlight:

1d465f730a816b44a2b0e2f46874efa5.jpg

cf91e321a68dba9737cd3e5b7ad0edac.jpg

10f71f35e77d9713e17a081b72e9036d.jpg

https://vimeo.com/161256366

Standard LED Headlight:

9c20b1039d4b3bc316bb3b4023de1776.jpg

e7904b2fc28c601332fe2b481e0e0fbf.jpg

5e2dc14f4aa4f57d84150aaa954255f1.jpg

https://vimeo.com/161256509

All in all, the kits look high quality and the lights seem really bright. I just have to wait to find out. Hopefully soon, Brad is going to be working on some cool projects for the FZ. Looks like my bike will be the guinea pig for those projects! Anyone on this board have any of these kits? Speak up!!! Post some photos, share your experience! For me, I've always liked the retro round light look on a streetfighter. Before I got the FZ-07, I really wanted to get a FZ6 and do the round light conversion with a F. FABBRI windscreen. Like this guy...

2a62ca9eec5baa31a8f1d4350ad3837e.jpg

They also sell these LED signal lights by Motogadget called the M-Blaze. They are pretty darn bright! They have a focused a amber light that remind me of the intensity my Kellermann Micro Rhombus Dark LEDS have. They are also visible from every angle. I will be getting these later. Here's a screenshot from @shorec99's Instagram post:

4a5130654fa9e30ba1d3f9cce1f3b973.jpg

Well, I'll update any news that I'm allowed to. Safe riding friends!!!

SigSide.jpg

• Premium Member

Thread bookmarked for sure! Keep us posted Jeff

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
Man I like that. Did he say how much?
The prices are on their website:

www.motodemic.com

But if I remember correctly, the cheaper one is around 300-400 and the Adaptive version is around 700-850 I think. I could be Hella off haha.

SigSide.jpg

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
Really cool light… but I don't think it fits the "angular" style of the FZ-07.
That's what I originally thought too, but it looks pretty cool on Striples and Monsters that have some angularness to them (though they have some roundishness to them too).

SigSide.jpg

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
Dunno how I feel bout those. Be cool if he offered modified stock housings tho.
That's a DIY project for you bud! There's people who can do that for you already though. You ever look into this place?

For DIY:

www.theretrofitsource.com

For Service:

www.hidillusionz.com

Or this place?

www.theretrofitmasters.com

SigSide.jpg

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

Hey,

Found this video on YouTube that shows the Adaptive LED Headlight in action! A big plus is its installed on a XSR700!!!

SigSide.jpg

• Premium Member

Wow. So that seems like it should be a basic safety feature for all Street bikes

Well, cars are just now coming out with something similar here in the states. The luxury cars anyways. It's kinda like how rear view cameras started. It was an accessory, now it's mandatory on all vehicles.

• Global Moderator

The forward beam seems to be a bit underpowered compared to the leaned-over state

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Do headlight conversions always require removing the upper fork covers where the brackets mount to the forks?

Just got this email from them:

We currently sell headlight brackets for the FZ-07 ( https://motodemic.com/shop/fz-07-custom-headlight-brackets/ ) and they allow you to mount the headlights we offer ( https://motodemic.com/product-category/headlights/ ). FZ-07 has an H4 headlight bulb so the Adaptive LED, LED Evo 2, and 7 Inch Round all plug right in.

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
The forward beam seems to be a bit underpowered compared to the leaned-over state
I noticed that too. Even compared to the stock XSR beam. I think the lean light may be more powerful because you have 5 LED slots being lit up versus the 3 for forward beam. I wonder how it would be just riding around on hi beam with the addition of those 3 lower projectors. I imagine if you're going to do that, just aim your light for that purpose, so you don't blind oncoming traffic.

SigSide.jpg

Just got this email from them: 
We currently sell headlight brackets for the FZ-07 ( https://motodemic.com/shop/fz-07-custom-headlight-brackets/ ) and they allow you to mount the headlights we offer ( https://motodemic.com/product-category/headlights/ ). FZ-07 has an H4 headlight bulb so the Adaptive LED, LED Evo 2, and 7 Inch Round all plug right in.

So if I'm reading this right the headlight is plug and play into the factory harness?

AlbatrossCafe

lol the startup "light show" is pretty cool and I'm sure it is brighter than stock, but I am with others in that I don't think the fat round light fits the FZ-07. That is more of a retro look where the FZ is more of a "modern" bike to me. Plus that thing is massive! I'd say it would need to be an inch less in diameter...

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
lol the startup "light show" is pretty cool and I'm sure it is brighter than stock, but I am with others in that I don't think the fat round light fits the FZ-07. That is more of a retro look where the FZ is more of a "modern" bike to me. Plus that thing is massive! I'd say it would need to be an inch less in diameter...
52618f03c42cec49787239be7355e883.jpg

This will be my inspiration. A RSD designed Honda Fireblade CBR1000RR.

SigSide.jpg

AlbatrossCafe

I can see it... I'll wait for you to fit the light and prove me wrong! 

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
I can see it... I'll wait for you to fit the light and prove me wrong!
I think it would take a bit for my idea to work, I would need raise the rear height, and some other things...we'll see...

SigSide.jpg

Archived