The MT-07 Forum

Finally, a new jacket

yamahappy74

• Premium Member
yamahappy74

My wife bought me an Icon Contra textile jacket today. I sold my old leather jacket with my FZ and I needed something for when I pick up my GSXR. When I got home from work, she goes, "where's that Bob's Cycle Supply at?" and off we went. Fits really nice. Build quality seems great. Most importantly, (even more so than the pads in the shoulders, elbows, and back) is that it goes perfectly with my black and white gloves, boots, and helmet. :P
Now that I'm all geared up, I rarin' to go. She really is the best wife ever.

Cool, glad you got a jacket figured out man! Sounds like you married a keeper. What did you think of Bob's?

• Premium Member
yamahappy74
Cool, glad you got a jacket figured out man! Sounds like you married a keeper. What did you think of Bob's?
Nice place! Lots of space and a ton of gear, even if most of it does seem to be MX related. Still, they had a large selection of Icon, Joe Rocket, and A* gear, as well as SIDI boots and a LOT of helmets. I'll be going there again if I need a chain or anything. Pricing was the same as Revzilla for what I was looking at. 

• Premium Member
My wife bought me an Icon Contra textile jacket today. I sold my old leather jacket with my FZ and I needed something for when I pick up my GSXR. When I got home from work, she goes, "where's that Bob's Cycle Supply at?" and off we went. Fits really nice. Build quality seems great. Most importantly, (even more so than the pads in the shoulders, elbows, and back) is that it goes perfectly with my black and white gloves, boots, and helmet. :P Now that I'm all geared up, I rarin' to go. She really is the best wife ever.
Are you gonna model it for us or what! 
selfie, selfie, selfie, selfie...

:)

Why can't left turners see us?

Glad you liked Bob's. I end up giving them a bunch of my money every year! Have you not been able to get out on your bike yet?

• Premium Member

Thats a goodly wife you have there! I must be doing something wrong, what's your secret?

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

yamahappy74

No one gets away from it so give it up .... pics or it didn't happen!

Seriously, I would really like to see some pics of you on your bike all geared up, especially since we use almost identical colors.

Best wife ever? I really doubt she has a better left hook, slap than my X, heh! (I know ... pics or it didn't happen)

Beemer

• Premium Member
yamahappy74

Ok guys, just for you.
IMAG0700_zpssmoaiib5.jpg
We just got back from picking it up. I rode back for 2 hours in 35 degree weather with this new SUMMER jacket (lol). Yes, it does ventilate very well, rofl. I had on long johns, a t-shirt, and a hoodie under the coat, as well as a pair of sweatpants under my jeans, 2 pairs of socks, and hand warmers inside of my gloves. I took all that off and you guys asked for pics, so I put the important bits back on. I'm still shivering as I type this and it's been 20 minutes since we got back.
Bike is sick! I love 4 cylinders, even if the power is a bit much for the city. Super smooth engine on this thing.

• Premium Member
yamahappy74

The dealer had in the '16 FZ-07s. First I'd seen of them in person. I like the silver/grey and the dark grey/neon yellow schemes.

The dealer had in the '16 FZ-07s. First I'd seen of them in person. I like the silver/grey and the dark grey/neon yellow schemes.
What jeans are those you go on Yam?

Man, I went to the dealership last week.  For some odd reason I was looking at the new neon FZ07's thinking how nice and new it looked.  I mean, its basically the exact same bike as mine, with different colors, yet I was checking it out regardless.  I find that to be weird.

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

• Premium Member
yamahappy74
What jeans are those you go on Yam? 
Man, I went to the dealership last week.  For some odd reason I was looking at the new neon FZ07's thinking how nice and new it looked.  I mean, its basically the exact same bike as mine, with different colors, yet I was checking it out regardless.  I find that to be weird.

They're not riding jeans, if that's what you're asking, lol. My wife likes to shop for clothes for me. I've basically given that over to her since she's much better at it than I am. I dress myself ok, but she makes me look gooood. 

@duenan If you like that look in a riding jean and have lots of money to burn, check out UglyBrosThis model jean is pretty close to what Yamahappy's look like. I've drooled over their pants for a couple years now. Never gonna happen for me budget-wise, but one can dream....  8-)

I just stopped into Bob's today and tried this very jacket on. I am in MN for work and wanted to actually try some jackets on to see how they fit. Not many places in NY to go to that have a lot of inventory to see, feel the quality. The Icon jackets seem solid for the price. At this price point the A* models didn't seem as good and they don't have back armor included, just a pad. Good luck with the new ride and jacket.

Archived