The MT-07 Forum

(Poll) How do you run your exhaust?

AlbatrossCafe

AlbatrossCafe

And what exhaust and kind of riding are you doing for the most part? E.g. commuting, weekend warrior, long hauler, track, etc.

I currently have an Akrapovic Carbon and do a 30 mile commute each way 4-5 times a week and run it with the baffle (though it is modified, I cut it in half and drilled a few holes). Sounds better than the unmodified baffle and is louder but doesn't quite destroy my eardrums like balls-out-baffle-out does.

Mostly cruising around town, running errands, and occasional commuting in LA. In running a yoshi exhaust, no baffle, stock intake w/ snorkel removed, and ecu flash. Some canyon runs and wheelies when I can

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |

• Global Moderator

Cruising around town/ faily commute of 70+ miles
Have the yoshi ss
Had the baffle out for a while but got the tune for the baffle in, might modify it sometime in the near future

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member

Baffle in.
Delkevic slip on kit from @marthy
95% of my vehicular travel is via motorcycle, so all sorts of riding. But I'm not really a road racing, canyon carving rider since I kinda want to stay alive.

Everything went braap.

Baffle in. Delkevic slip on kit from @marthy
95% of my vehicular travel is via motorcycle, so all sorts of riding. But I'm not really a road racing, canyon carving rider since I kinda want to stay alive.
I just heard my name lol

Hows the Fizzer7 doing? Contemplating getting a middle weight touring bike by the end of the year. FZ07 is on the list... but the Versys 650LT comes with a lot of bang for the $! We'll see...

• Global Moderator
I just heard my name lol 
Hows the Fizzer7 doing? Contemplating getting a middle weight touring bike by the end of the year. FZ07 is on the list... but the Versys 650LT comes with a lot of bang for the $! We'll see...

get an fj1300 and call it good :P

I just heard my name lol 

Go big early they said lol

In that price range I would pic a Super Tenerer.

• Global Moderator
Go big early they said lol 
In that price range I would pic a Super Tenerer.
But you cant beat the comfort of the fjr

• Premium Member
I just heard my name lol 

Cross promoting whenever possible haha. The Fizz is swell, I have no real complaints. Although I've only been on a grand total of 4 different bikes. I at least log a lot of miles on the few I've had.

Everything went braap.

• Premium Member

I have the Akra Ti and I run it baffle in.  I don't ride with plugs because I want to be able to hear traffic around me.  I also like to hear my bike, but not go deaf.  It works for me.

Why can't left turners see us?

• Premium Member

Delkevic full exhaust system with baffle in. I do mostly commuting and zipping around town along with occasional trips into the amish country side.

• Premium Member

Leo Vince in all its unrestricted glory... Sounds perfect no matter the rpms... And a stand at attention bark off a quick throttle blip from idle...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

SC Project exhaust, baffle in (since I do want to have every cops from 2 miles around on my back... Yeah, they are really annoying with decibels in france!!! Anyway, it's already loud enough!)

Using the bike anytime I can, I hate cars in france so anykind of trips... But since there are twisties EVERY WHERE in here, having fun all the time! I'm a beginner so gently getting faster and faster... And chicken strips going smaller and smaller!

Baniere%20300x60_zpstsvyokit.jpg

Akra C.F. pipe, DBK in, snorkel out, stomach in, chest out. Every day is a weekend for me since I'm not presently working so I get to tempt Johnny Law more often with 0-60 speed and some unstoppable wheelies. There are no twisties here so I will live forever!

Beemer

JuggernautOfWar

Currently I'm running with the baffle out on my Yoshi Works Carbon and I have not done any tuning. Though I am considering putting in the baffle to see how it changes the sound. It's not deafening loud at all though, so I don't really want to make it quieter.

I commute on my bike most days (less than a mile away) and do some highway and back roads riding. I barely put any miles on my bike at all despite riding it very often. Small town so it takes a few minutes to get from one side to the other.

2015 Red FZ-07
Yoshimura Works R77 Carbon Fiber Full Exhaust
Puig Dark Smoke Touring Windshield

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

Akrapovic Race Carbon w/ Baffle Out from the beginning. I don't even know what it sounds like with a Baffle. I ride 5 days a week at 100 miles a day. Mostly highway.

SigSide.jpg

Akra Carbon, baffle in, snorkel removed and EJK. Weekend warrior, but I usually try to take long rides to make up for it. Just got back from about a 220 mile ride. The bugs are unreal ! Added a Givi windscreen to keep them out of the back of the meter but my helmet and Joe Rocket mesh jacket are covered. How are you guys cleaning your jackets ? Washing machine ? How often ? Also, hit what felt like a basketball sized bump in a fast twisty section of road that almost ruined my day. Thought the front wheel was gonna fly off. Blind bumps and potholes suck !!!

2Brothers SR1 and ride 90% of the time with the P1X powertip installed. Love that it takes 30 seconds to remove the tip when I want to be LOUD :D

twowheeladdict

My personal opinion that exhaust should be the last thing on your list when it comes to a budget bike. Suspension, brakes, and tires are what will make you faster and safer. Exhaust just makes you noisier.

2015 FZ-07

• Premium Member
My personal opinion that exhaust should be the last thing on your list when it comes to a budget bike. Suspension, brakes, and tires are what will make you faster and safer. Exhaust just makes you noisier.
Well... we all know what opinions are like. ;) Feel faster?  Buy a bigger bike.  Feel safer?  Drive a 5 star rated SUV.  Have more fun?  Do what you want with YOUR bike. :)

Why can't left turners see us?

AlbatrossCafe
So I am assuming you voted for "stock" exhaust in the poll? More power to you if can live without an aftermarket exhaust - you save like $800 and your ears, I envy that!  

Archived