>
>
>Comments:
>
>Need a new seat. Willing to pay the cost but cannot bring myself to
>terms on the one piece design for this bike. It needs a two piece for
>those looks. I know multiple other people have suggested this because
>I found this link on a forum. Something similar to the FZ8 or R6
>design you guys have and I would order one immediately.
[/div]
This is disappointing news :( Looks like they haven't had enough interest from FZ owners for a two piece. I would be willing to pay someone for their time if they got a "one off" two-piece seat and sent it to me haha. I really want an upgrade but I haven't been sold on any of the options out there right now.

2015 FZ-07 Graphite
*Yoshimura R-77 Carbon Works Finish
*2WDW ECU Flash
*OES Sliders
*GearBrake Flashing Smart Brake Light
*Creese Tail Tidy with LED
*TST Industries Flushmount front LED
*Motionpro R6 throttle tube
*Yamaha Fly Screen
*X-Grip with Bruudt mount

603nytroxtx

I actually don't mind the one piece seat from some angles @ddog and I think it looks nice with the white on your bike! It's more about the look I am trying to keep for my bike. How easy is it to take on/off? Basically my girlfriend has to sit on that "seat" on the back and about 45 minutes in she can barely walk. Would it be something I could take on/off in <20 minutes if she wanted to go for a ride?

2015 FZ-07 Graphite
*2WDW ECU Flash
*OES Sliders
*Yamaha Fly Screen

I actually don't mind the one piece seat from some angles @ddog and I think it looks nice with the white on your bike! It's more about the look I am trying to keep for my bike. How easy is it to take on/off? Basically my girlfriend has to sit on that "seat" on the back and about 45 minutes in she can barely walk. Would it be something I could take on/off in <20 minutes if she wanted to go for a ride?

The only thing holding the seat in place is the key lock for the back seat cowl. It comes off as fast as you can turn the key. I did have a problem with the lock vibrating out of position, but I just used a chainsaw file to put a 1/16th inch circular groove in the lock pin where the bar sits and it hasn't moved since. Easy on, easy off. I can post pictures if you'd like more information. If you wanted extra comfort for your lady there is an optional, removable back rest that can be purchased separately and made to match. There is a covered slot in the back of the seat to accommodate it.

Fearedbynone

While i am not happy with the way it ruins the lines of the bike. the corbin seat is pretty comfortable. my wife loves it. she was always afraid of falling off the back of the bike. now she lets me do full throttle pulls in 2nd gear with the front wheel off the ground by a bout an inch.

the back rest comes off in about 30 secs, its 1 bolt, and the seat can be swapped back to stock in about 3 - minutes tops. very very quick and easy.

i am toying with only using it when we ride 2 up just because of the looks. i dunno, still thinking about it.

here is a picture with the back rest.

20160329_174215_zpsckzqbxxh.jpg

i did carbon fiber leather for the top, black logo, and black bomber jacket leather for sides and middle part.

Dave

603nytroxtx

Thanks for the replies @ddog and @fearedbynone. It's going to be a tough decision if I want to pay $400 for a "two up riding" seat. I was just looking into Seth Laam custom seats but those seem to be about the same price and I don't know if he has any FZ-07 work. I really want a two piece seat like what corbin did with the FZ1 pictured below that way I could just throw the bulky passenger seat on and off and always have my comfortable seat

yfz16f_1.jpg

• Like 1

2015 FZ-07 Graphite
*2WDW ECU Flash
*OES Sliders
*Yamaha Fly Screen

Would you be able to post a pic while sitting on it. Would the passenger have space to slide into the front seat?

While i am not happy with the way it ruins the lines of the bike. the corbin seat is pretty comfortable. my wife loves it. she was always afraid of falling off the back of the bike. now she lets me do full throttle pulls in 2nd gear with the front wheel off the ground by a bout an inch. 
the back rest comes off in about 30 secs, its 1 bolt, and the seat can be swapped back to stock in about 3 - minutes tops. very very quick and easy.

i am toying with only using it when we ride 2 up just because of the looks. i dunno, still thinking about it.

here is a picture with the back rest.

20160329_174215_zpsckzqbxxh.jpg

i did carbon fiber leather for the top, black logo, and black bomber jacket leather for sides and middle part.

Dave

#weridenyc
2012 FZ8 (Grizzly)
IXIL Hyperlow XL L3X Exhaust
CRG Levers
Traf-X LED Turn Signals
OES Frame Sliders

pineappleunderthesea

The all-black Corbin isn't that bad, seems to "fit-in" a little better with the lines of the bike. It's that rear part of the seat that is chunky and stands out more, seems to make the tail look "heavy" if you get my drift, but that seems alleviated when the seat is all blacked out.

twowheeladdict

If I wanted a one piece seat, I would have bought the fz-09. Corbin basically makes the same seat regardless of what bike it is destined for. It is OK if you also add risers and forward pegs.

I like the stock seat. A gel pad for distance riding would help, but no issues doing 100 miles on it.

2015 FZ-07

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

I really dislike how the regular corbin disrupts the flow in the rear. I think the FZ-09 community does too. One of the members on that board took it upon himself to go to Corbin and help design a custom seat for him that flows so much better. I think these design cues would even work for us FZ-07 owners and would make the bike more Triumph Street Triple-ish. Here take a look:

629525297649ab1dd6c7c6a31555b43b.jpg

26e03076f2149ef3fe6aecb1f1e530cb.jpg

ede7a90a2a6628befad096d4434345eb.jpg

0624451d91a55157977e486ad499daf5.jpg

Here's the color scheme I was thinking of going with (I'd have to change my tank color to white):

(This is a RSD seat, not Corbin)
a7a441e1f91cffd51b7d79f213cd92ec.jpg

And here's examples of some Triumphs

cd71a76dc4737204b14f61c94d264f6b.jpg

cae39292cc1c188a833dd8b17923a01b.jpg

SigSide.jpg

Fearedbynone

they make 2 seats, the gun fighter for solo riding and the gun fighter plus lady for 2 up. i got the seat so that my wife could enjoy riding also. if i was going to ride solo, i would have stuck with the stock seat as it is just as comfortable, if not more.

Dave

• 4 weeks later...
zombiphone

I asked corbin the same question back when I was looking for a seat upgrade for my cross country trip. While comfort is obviously important, I am still incredibly vain when it comes to my motorcycles and would not be rocking a banana seat, haha. I ended up going with these guys, who use the stock covers, so I kept the same look, but no longer was torturing myself: http://www.astechseat.com/

Was good for a month on the road riding all day almost every day with no pain  :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Published 'Chronicles of a Motorcycle Gypsy' a book about my travels on the FZ, and a writer for Motorcyclist Magazine

• 2 years later...
On 3/31/2016 at 12:28 PM, ddog said:

The only thing holding the seat in place is the key lock for the back seat cowl. It comes off as fast as you can turn the key. I did have a problem with the lock vibrating out of position, but I just used a chainsaw file to put a 1/16th inch circular groove in the lock pin where the bar sits and it hasn't moved since. Easy on, easy off. I can post pictures if you'd like more information. If you wanted extra comfort for your lady there is an optional, removable back rest that can be purchased separately and made to match. There is a covered slot in the back of the seat to accommodate it.

Hey, my Corbin seat won't stay locked and keeps coming loose when I ride. Do you have a photo of the notch you made? How did you figure out where to put it?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A two piece custom seat might look better but I really like the one piece.  I never had any issues with mine staying locked.

On 4/13/2019 at 1:09 AM, worker1 said:

Hey, my Corbin seat won't stay locked and keeps coming loose when I ride. Do you have a photo of the notch you made? How did you figure out where to put it?

@ddog

Same issue here. Would be very interested to see this notch!

2 hours ago, shinyribs said:

@ddog

Same issue here. Would be very interested to see this notch!

So there are two hex bolts that hold on the seat latch piece. I unscrewed them, then pulled the latch out from under the framework, and used a 5mm round file to make about a 1.5mm to 2mm notch... it's about in the middle of the latch. The entire latch piece sticks out about 3/4", maybe almost an inch. Anyway I just filed a notch into it, almost exactly on the middle but a little towards the end side (rear side). 

After doing this, the seat doesn't come off like it did (every few minutes of riding). 

3 hours ago, worker1 said:

So there are two hex bolts that hold on the seat latch piece. I unscrewed them, then pulled the latch out from under the framework, and used a 5mm round file to make about a 1.5mm to 2mm notch... it's about in the middle of the latch. The entire latch piece sticks out about 3/4", maybe almost an inch. Anyway I just filed a notch into it, almost exactly on the middle but a little towards the end side (rear side). 

After doing this, the seat doesn't come off like it did (every few minutes of riding). 

Gotcha. That makes perfect sense. Thanks, man.