The MT-07 Forum

Integrated taillight and flush mounted front turn signals.

autoentropy

Guest ChicagoAJ
superbrightleds.com sells an electronic flasher that's literally plug 'n play. You just have to "mount" it. I drilled a small hole in the plastic that held the original unit and used some double-sided tape and a zip-tie. 
https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/motorcycle-accessories/lf1-s-flat-universal-motorcycle-electronic-flasher/787/842/

@JuggernautOfWar 
This is what I ended up getting. I'm sure it'll work with my bike if it worked for his.

Just went ahead and ordered the sequential tail light from MotoDynamic. Can't wait to put everything together, actually got a wiring harness without resistors for the tail light from MotoDynamic as well since they won't be needed because of the relay.

Very helpful guys at MD. And thanks to @bmwpowere36m3 for some help too. 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ChicagoAJ

Update, that relay from SuperBrightLEDs worked flawlessly. Only took about 15 minutes to install. TST flush mounts went in pretty well, however they're not such a great fit and no matter how tight I turned that white plastic nut the flush mounts themselves can still be twisted/turned where they sit on the headlight assembly. Quality is good, but I would've spent 50+ on flush mounts that actually had retaining clips like the stock signals to hold them in place.

Still waiting on my sequential tail light.

booboobusfz07
Update, that relay from SuperBrightLEDs worked flawlessly. Only took about 15 minutes to install. TST flush mounts went in pretty well, however they're not such a great fit and no matter how tight I turned that white plastic nut the flush mounts themselves can still be twisted/turned where they sit on the headlight assembly. Quality is good, but I would've spent 50+ on flush mounts that actually had retaining clips like the stock signals to hold them in place.  

Eh I dunno. I'm actually considering getting rid of my motodynamic ones cause I don't think they're bright enough

Guest ChicagoAJ
Eh I dunno. I'm actually considering getting rid of my motodynamic ones cause I don't think they're bright enough

I rarely use my turn signals so them not being bright enough isn't much of a concern (however, once I get the tail light I'll probably be using them all the time). I have the clear lens and I think they're pretty bright. Do you have any issues with your signals shifting in place? Mine haven't yet, but I've only had them on for about 50 miles. 

JuggernautOfWar

So you guys are experiencing the LED front turn signals to be more dim than the stock standard bulb signals? I haven't installed mine yet but I find that hard to believe that LEDs would be dimmer than standard light bulbs.

2015 Red FZ-07
Yoshimura Works R77 Carbon Fiber Full Exhaust
Puig Dark Smoke Touring Windshield

@juggernautofwar Not at all! I have my TST flush mounts wired up to run as DRL as well, and they are super bright to look at! Unless there is a load issue the LED signals should be brighter than standard bulbs

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |

bmwpowere36m3

Most LEDs are dimmer than stock incandescent bulbs... especially in full-bright sunlight. In overcast, dim or dark conditions they appear much brighter. In addition, LEDs are very directional (appear bright head-on, but output drops at off-angles).

Obviously there are various LEDs and quality varies. The brightest LEDs I've seen, rivaling stock in all conditions, are $$$. Watsen Design, Kellermann, etc.. $130-400 a set.

I ended up going with LighTech Tear Drop, which look like the ones offered by Yamaha (accessory/option). They "look" sleek, small and output is okay... nothing to brag about.

Guest ChicagoAJ
So you guys are experiencing the LED front turn signals to be more dim than the stock standard bulb signals? I haven't installed mine yet but I find that hard to believe that LEDs would be dimmer than standard light bulbs.
They're only dim if you're not looking at them head on. Head on they're plenty bright. But if you're directly in front of the bike, they won't appear to be very bright at all. 

autoentropy

My flush mounts and relay from TST got here today. Will probably be putting them on tomorrow. Cant wait to see them on her!

Guest ChicagoAJ

For anyone putting TST flush mounts on their bike soon, just a fore-warning, you may need to trim the large white plastic nut/washer that holds the signal to the headlight assembly. Mine were far too large and when tightened to the point that they couldn't be tightened anymore the signals themselves were still loose.

I trimmed it, but it still sticks out the hole under where the signal sits.

• 1 month later...
JuggernautOfWar

Replacing my taillight with the integrated LED in this thread. Anybody know how to take the wires out of the factory taillight assembly without damaging it? Picture is the wires going in to the factory taillight assembly.

aHzKTqA.jpg

2015 Red FZ-07

• Global Moderator

Why do you need to do that?

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

JuggernautOfWar

Actually I'm stupid and I don't need to do that. I was getting ahead of myself and assumed I'd need to use the factory wiring before I ever opened the box containing the new light and all the plug and play wiring ready to go.

Today I learned to not post on forums before I'm sure I need to. Sorry guys for the useless post. :-S

2015 Red FZ-07

• 1 month later...
  • Global Moderator
Has anyone purchased the TST integrated tail light? 

https://tstindustries.com/Integrated-Taillight-2015-R3-FZ07.html

Am I reading the description correct, the tail light is both for the R3 and FZ07? I'll shoot customer service the question.  
Yes... the R3 and FZ taillamp are not the same part number but within a few mms of eachother and are swappable

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• 3 weeks later...

So has anyone gotten the TST integrated tail light? I'm considering this one because it looks bright enough to actually work properly. Would like some input and insight before ordering.

https://tstindustries.com/Integrated-Taillight-2015-R3-FZ07.html?utm_source=YouTube&utm_medium=description&utm_content=R3_INTP_install&utm_campaign=2016_YT_PRODUCTS

• 1 month later...
So has anyone gotten the TST integrated tail light? I'm considering this one because it looks bright enough to actually work properly. Would like some input and insight before ordering. 
https://tstindustries.com/Integrated-Taillight-2015-R3-FZ07.html?utm_source=YouTube&utm_medium=description&utm_content=R3_INTP_install&utm_campaign=2016_YT_PRODUCTS

I have the smoked version on mine. Outstanding quality, function and fit. Install took all of 30 mins. Bright as hell.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, just wondering if anybody would happen to know if the fz07 requires the 2 pin or 4 pin for the turn signal relays. I was looking on TST and they only have the 2 pin and in their disclaimer, they said it may require 4 pins. I selected bike type first and saw the relay for the fz07. Any input would be great. I emailed their support team and they were very vague with their answer. 

Thanks in advance

Edit oh wait, hold on if you mean the one that goes into the side of the tank (square block), I have to check.

Oh yeah, it is 2 pin.

Archived