The MT-07 Forum

Integrated taillight and flush mounted front turn signals.

autoentropy

autoentropy

My plan is to get rid of the pumpkins hanging off the bike keep any turn signals off. I am looking on getting two products:

2015-2016 Yamaha FZ-07 MT-07 Sequential LED Tail Lights Smoked
http://www.motodynamic.com/2015-2016-yamaha-fz-07-mt-07-sequential-led-tail-lights-smoked.html

LED Front Flushmount Turn Signals for Yamaha
https://tstindustries.com/LED-Front-Flushmount-Turn-Signals-Yamaha.html?utm_source=YouTube&utm_medium=fz07_flushmount_signals_install&utm_content=description&utm_campaign=2015_YT_PRODUCTS

I think this will give a super clean look to the bike. I wanted to know from the people who are good at electrical if these are going to work fine together or if I will need a relay to make this work correctly.  The tail already has the relay integrated but the front blinkers wouldn't. Any info would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You will need either resistors or a relay or the flash rate will be really fast. You can wire in resistors but the easiest way will be to just plug in a new flasher relay. I just installed those same flush mounts from TST Industries. My tailight isn't integrated but I have LED rear signals too. I just used the relay that TST sells and it was easy peezy and worked great.

autoentropy
You will need either resistors or a relay or the flash rate will be really fast. You can wire in resistors but the easiest way will be to just plug in a new flasher relay. I just installed those same flush mounts from TST Industries. My tailight isn't integrated but I have LED rear signals too. I just used the relay from TST and it was easy peezy and worked great.
If I put a flasher relay wont it cause the integrated tail which already has resistors to malfunction?

ParticleCannon
You will need either resistors or a relay or the flash rate will be really fast. You can wire in resistors but the easiest way will be to just plug in a new flasher relay. I just installed those same flush mounts from TST Industries. My tailight isn't integrated but I have LED rear signals too. I just used the relay that TST sells and it was easy peezy and worked great.
The video of the integrated tail suggests that the flash rate wont change, in fact it looks like the integrated tail is flashing at its own rate independent of the fronts.  But yes you will get discoblinkers without resistors/relays if you do LED on the front.

It shouldn't matter according to the description given on the TST website. Some integrated lights have resistors in them. If it doesn't work right just take the resistors out of the tailight. ParticleCannon is right. If you are doing LED up front you will need a relay or resistors. Read this full description all the way down. It says it works with integrated and LED up front. https://tstindustries.com/LED-Flasher-Relay-Gen2.html

autoentropy
It shouldn't matter according to the description given on the TST website. If it doesn't work right just take the resistors out of the tailight. ParticleCannon is right. If you are doing LED up front you will need a relay or resistors. Read this full description all the way down. It says it works with integrated and LED up front. https://tstindustries.com/LED-Flasher-Relay-Gen2.html
Would these work for the front signals? 
50W 6Ohm LED Load Resistors for LED Turn Signal Lights or LED License Plate Lights (Fix Hyper Flash, Warning Cancellor)
http://www.amazon.com/Resistors-Signal-License-Warning-Cancellor/dp/B004EDF8HY

I have no idea if those resistors would work. I would just get a relay. Plug and play and you're all done dude! Did you read the description I linked to the TST relay? Read all the way to the bottom. They say it works with integrated tailight and LED front signals. They have a video of the install on YouTube. It's super easy to do. Just put one in a couple weeks ago it was super easy.

autoentropy
I have no idea if those resistors would work. I would just get a relay. Plug and play and you're all done dude! Did you read the description I linked to the TST relay? Read all the way to the bottom. They say it works with integrated tailight and LED front signals. They have a video of the install on YouTube. It's super easy to do. Just put one in a couple weeks ago it was super easy.
Lol no I totally know what your saying, the issue is that the integrated tail light already has a system in place to stop the fast blinking, meaning if you add a relay will it then mess that that up?

We might have to wait for someone else to chime in that has an integrated signal and LEDs up front to be sure. I'm sure somebody on here has got this setup. I am just going off of what the TST website says but understand you want to be sure. If you do try a relay give us an update on if things work right.

autoentropy
We might have to wait for someone else to chime in that has an integrated signal and LEDs up front to be sure. I'm sure somebody on here has got this setup. I am just going off of what the TST website says but understand you want to be sure. If you do try a relay give us an update on if things work right.
Will do. Actually sent the same question to both TST and Motodynamic support. Will see what they think. 

• Global Moderator

The motodynamic integrated taillamp reommends using a massive resistor (included) to slow the blink rate back to stock.
I have the taillamp and used their flushmount r6signals up front until they shorted on me.
Using the led flashers in front caused the cascading integrated signal to only go through the first two columns of LEDs. Switching out the flasher relay to one designed for LEDs put the flash rate back to stock allowing for a full cascade across the signal

Still trying to figure out how to swap it off of the cascade mode

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Pre-installation Checklist

Battery is in heathy and fully charged condition - may need engine on after installation to operate signalsIf aftermarket front LED signals are installed: 1. Resistors must be installed on front to slow down the flash rate2. Disable any running/park lights if availableSignals must be flashing at the stock OEM rate prior to install

This is from the website. I think if you don't have a regular flash rate on the front ones it will cause the tail light to malfunction.

Now tst don't sell resistor for their turn signals but they have that aftermarket relay that you can install but idk how that would work or effect your integrated tail light.

I have a motodynamic tail light and I have been looking to get flush mount turn signals but I haven't because I'm afraid to have problems with them

I have this exact setup currently on my bike! Here's the catch with it. With just the integrated taillight and flush mount front signals installed there will be a crazy fast disco blink. The fronts blink quick like you would see on normal sport bikes who don't do resistors. The rear integrated sequential signals would blink even faster! It became a fast shudder blink rather than a swooping right or left direction. I got sick of it after 2 weeks so I bought the gen2 flasher relay from TST industries to fix it. Easy install as well. Now that the relay is plugged in, there is a 0.25 second delay from when I hit the lever to the flashers blinking. But they blink at OEM rate like I want and the taillight looks fantastic when signaling your intention.

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |

No prob guys! That's why I joined these forums too... answers! If ya wanna know anything else about the setup, feel free to ask guys

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |

The motodynamic integrated taillamp reommends using a massive resistor (included) to slow the blink rate back to stock. I have the taillamp and used their flushmount r6signals up front until they shorted on me.
Using the led flashers in front caused the cascading integrated signal to only go through the first two columns of LEDs. Switching out the flasher relay to one designed for LEDs put the flash rate back to stock allowing for a full cascade across the signal

Still trying to figure out how to swap it off of the cascade mode
The instructions that come with it tell you how to switch the diff modes. It's just a combination of clicks with a small pin inside the little hole it has on the main unit.

My plan is to get rid of the pumpkins hanging off the bike keep any turn signals off. I am looking on getting two products: 

2015-2016 Yamaha FZ-07 MT-07 Sequential LED Tail Lights Smoked
http://www.motodynamic.com/2015-2016-yamaha-fz-07-mt-07-sequential-led-tail-lights-smoked.html

LED Front Flushmount Turn Signals for Yamaha
https://tstindustries.com/LED-Front-Flushmount-Turn-Signals-Yamaha.html?utm_source=YouTube&utm_medium=fz07_flushmount_signals_install&utm_content=description&utm_campaign=2015_YT_PRODUCTS

I think this will give a super clean look to the bike. I wanted to know from the people who are good at electrical if these are going to work fine together or if I will need a relay to make this work correctly.  The tail already has the relay integrated but the front blinkers wouldn't. Any info would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

Do you have experience on the quality of the fender eliminator kit?

autoentropy
I am actually just ordered this one: 
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FZ-07-FZ-07-MT07-MT-07-Yamaha-Fender-eliminator-Tail-Tidy-2014-2017-NTS-P-L-/351193159228?fits=Model%3AFZ07&hash=item51c4be563c:g:nroAAOSwEppUN~f0&vxp=mtr

Everybody says this guy makes killer parts and they are cheap as hell.

I also bought the motodynamic fender eliminator kit and it's great quality too. The wiring and install was beyond easy, and its super sturdy feeling and the license plate light is plenty bright.

autoentropy
I too have this exact setup and used the flasher relay fix. Super easy install. Good luck!
You have the motodynamics integrated tail as well?

I too have this exact setup and used the flasher relay fix. Super easy install. Good luck!

I do.

autoentropy
I do.
Killer. Thanks for the info man.

Archived