Sign in to follow this  
Eastern Kayaker

Triumph Leather Desert Racer Jacket

Eastern Kayaker
Last October I purchased this jacket in a size large on closeout from Revzilla for $374.99 to wear in the Spring and Fall. It will be too hot to wear in warmer climates. I don't have a Triumph, but the Triumph markings are understated and I liked the style of this jacket. This jacket is well made and heavy, since they use a thick leather. When I tried on a Roland Sands jacket, the leather was thinner and the jacket more expensive. The Triumph jacket has CE rated Knox elbow and shoulder protectors and a place for a back protector, if you want to add one. There is no removable lining with this jacket. When the temps are in the 40's or 50's I wear a a base layer and turtleneck to compensate, but the thick leather does a good job at keeping out the wind. The zippers on the sleeves do not lock and they open up an inch or 2 when riding on my bike. I never felt any air going up the sleeves when this happens to me. Overall, I am pleased with this jacket.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/triumph-McQueen-desert-racer-jacket