The MT-07 Forum

Where's the manual?

aginsba1

So I bought new from the dealer over the weekend and was told the manual was under the seat and the tools were under the tail seat. I got home and wanted to read through the manual and adjust the suspension and I can't find the manual or the c wrench. I've contacted the dealer and they're looking for them.

I've got a screwdriver, 2 allen wrenches, and a little wire with some loops. Am I missing anything other than the manual and c wrench? Was anyone else's manual/c wrench under the seat?

like wise my manual came with the paperwork, along with the pack of wrenches.
What pack of wrenches? I got a toolkit under the rear seat with basically just the rear shock pre load adjuster.  

like wise my manual came with the paperwork, along with the pack of wrenches.
What pack of wrenches? I got a toolkit under the rear seat with basically just the rear shock pre load adjuster.  
Yup, that's the one.

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

@aginsba1 ,dealer handed me the owner's manual, a Yamaha riding tips manual, 2 keys, metal tab with key code etched on it to reorder keys if they are lost and a black resealable pouch to put registration insurance papers. The tools under the pillion seat are a screwdriver and 2 hex keys. The tools in the little compartment under the pillion seat are the 2 part wrench to adjust the rear shock, a helmet holder cord with loops at both ends in a small black pouch and a small black strap to keep the small pouch in place in the small compartment.

The dealer should have handed you the owner's manual with your other paperwork during delivery. If they can't find it, they need to order you a new one. Also, make sure you get the key code. If both keys are lost, you can just order new keys with this key code. Otherwise, with no key code, it can get expensive trying to replace lost keys for your bike.

[attachment id=1553" thumbnail="1]

My manual was with the rest of the paperwork the dealer gave me in a manila envelope.
Same here. ^ Which seat are you looking under?

Beemer

I went back to the dealer and got everything I was missing. Thanks for the info guys, especially Eastern Kayaker that was really thorough.

@aginsba1 ,dealer handed me the owner's manual, a Yamaha riding tips manual, 2 keys, metal tab with key code etched on it to reorder keys if they are lost and a black resealable pouch to put registration insurance papers. The tools under the pillion seat are a screwdriver and 2 hex keys. The tools in the little compartment under the pillion seat are the 2 part wrench to adjust the rear shock, a helmet holder cord with loops at both ends in a small black pouch and a small black strap to keep the small pouch in place in the small compartment. 
The dealer should have handed you the owner's manual with your other paperwork during delivery. If they can't find it, they need to order you a new one. Also, make sure you get the key code. If both keys are lost, you can just order new keys with this key code. Otherwise, with no key code, it can get expensive trying to replace lost keys for your bike.

ok that looks like mine. That's everything

This is crazy! I've had the bike for almost a year and had no idea i was supposed to get that c-wrench with it. Its a long shot but you think I can still get it? lol

• Premium Member

i'm on the same page @vmoto
thanks to this post, i know what i'm missing
although it might be cheaper in gas for me to order a c-wrench online than drive to the dealer.
but if i am in the neighborhood, i'm picking one up from the dealer.

• Premium Member

My dealer had lost the one for my bike and had to mail it me.

Wasn't a problem as I had to wait a week for them to deliver the bike as they had no frame sliders in stock when I bought it.

i'm on the same page @vmoto thanks to this post, i know what i'm missing
although it might be cheaper in gas for me to order a c-wrench online than drive to the dealer.
but if i am in the neighborhood, i'm picking one up from the dealer.
How far is your dealer?  regardless it will be a nice ride to go pick up wrench :)

• Premium Member
How far is your dealer?  regardless it will be a nice ride to go pick up wrench :)

30 miles away. This is my first bike and I've had it for a month and only had two chances to ride it because I've been so busy with work. I don't think I should be on the streets just yet and I'm in no rush. If I had the skills I definitely would have though.

30 miles away. This is my first bike and I've had it for a month and only had two chances to ride it because I've been so busy with work. I don't think I should be on the streets just yet and I'm in no rush. If I had the skills I definitely would have though.
Well the best way to improve skills is to ride.  I just got back from a ride.  Its 45 degrees here in NJ lol

• Premium Member
Well the best way to improve skills is to ride.  I just got back from a ride.  Its 45 degrees here in NJ lol
Definitely! First I need the free time
then I get to ride
then I get the skill. 
(my adaptation of a quote by a genius)
BfYZkVOIQAA5lPK.jpg

Man, I sort of miss the feeling of being a new rider. I know that sound strange. I miss how my stomach was in knots every time I forced myself to get on the bike. I missed how up in my head I was when I rode. After just about 3 months with my learner's permit, I had to take my riding road test when it was 32 degrees with ice on the road. All routes from my house involved riding dowhill. To this day I've never been that nervous ever. And then the feeling of passing, taking my victory ride home and gassing it up. Fond memories.

I ride like a jackass now. It's a shame.

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

Weird, mine was under the passenger seat cushion. Although that thing was in there tight, was a bitch to fit my finger in and undo the strap.

Man, I sort of miss the feeling of being a new rider. I know that sound strange. I miss how my stomach was in knots every time I forced myself to get on the bike. I missed how up in my head I was when I rode. After just about 3 months with my learner's permit, I had to take my riding road test when it was 32 degrees with ice on the road. All routes from my house involved riding dowhill. To this day I've never been that nervous ever. And then the feeling of passing, taking my victory ride home and gassing it up. Fond memories. 
I ride like a jackass now. It's a shame.
Couldn't have said it any better.  RIP, The Newb Days

Archived