The MT-07 Forum

Joe Rocket mesh jackets

yamahappy74

• Premium Member
yamahappy74

I am looking at getting a JR UFO 2.0 jacket for summer. Anything I should look out for? I'm 5'11" and 150lbs with arms that are a bit long. I was thinking about a medium since my A* leather jacket was a 44 and a bit large. Too small?

I did notice that on the Amazon site the large size for this jacket is a 42, if that helps and I do like the looks of this jacket, very sporty! I hope it doesn't get as hot and humid where you are as it does here because mine has more mesh than the JR jacket and is still too hot in the summer. Just saying.

Beemer

• Premium Member
yamahappy74
I did notice that on the Amazon site the large size for this jacket is a 42, if that helps and I do like the looks of this jacket, very sporty! I hope it doesn't get as hot and humid where you are as it does here because mine has more mesh than the JR jacket and is still too hot in the summer. Just saying.

I'm in MN, and up until now, I've always worn leather, so I think anything mesh will be cooler. Revzilla has a great exchange policy, but I'd still rather get it right the first time. I think large might be too big then.

Since you're in MN you should go over to Bob's Cycle Supply. They have a lot of Joe Rocket stuff and you could probably try it on. Either way it's a really cool store to check out. I never leave there empty handed.

This is what I have and I love it. Best mesh jacket I have had. It comes with D30 protection all around even in the back and flows a ton of air. It has a zip in liner too. With the liner in I have ridden comfortably at 50 degrees. With it out in have ridden at temps above 90 and still been comfortable. I have the all black version.
http://www.revzilla.com/product/icon-anthem-2-jacket

pineappleunderthesea

I have the Revit Airwave jacket (they now call it Airwave 2), and the mesh system seems to be similar as the JR, airflow is OK for summer, so the JR should be the same. As for sizing, I'm also about your height and weight and I have a Medium with the Airwave, which seems to have similar sizing as the JR. It fits nicely without the armor slopping around. I think a Large might compromise where the armor is supposed to sit in case of a crash, it might move around too easily. And theoretically, my "real" size according to the Airwave and JR should actually fall in a Small, but I can't do the Euro tight thing! As well the Medium has 1 inch longer arms, so that's better.

This is the one I picked up need to get the armor but Its a good jacket for the price IMO ( 2 X is my size )

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/73448/i/fly-street-flux-air-mesh-jacket

I looked at the specs on the Fly and I didn't see that it had a sewn in mesh liner like mine does, just a zip out waterproof liner unless they forgot to mention it. So if you take your liner out of your jacket there is nothing but the one layer, the outer mesh material and nothing underneath it? Is that correct? If so, that was the jacket I was looking for in the first place. (My jacket may be for sale soon.)

Beemer

• Premium Member
yamahappy74

I have a mitigating factor that most of you are probably unaware of: I am now vegan. So I won't wear any leather based products at all. I have a pair of A* SMX-1 boots that I haven't decided if I'm going to get rid of or not. I suppose damage done already, so not much sense in selling them, but I guess SIDI products are all technomicro now (i.e. no leather), and they have a couple of race boot options that I'm interested in.

Anyway, I'll check out Bob's. I assume it's in Minneapolis?

It's in St. Paul (Little Canada) it's pretty much right at Highway 36 and Rice Street. They have a store up in Chisago City too. I have only been to the one in St. Paul. I know they carry Joe Rocket stuff. They carry a bunch of other name brands too.

• Premium Member
This is the one I picked up need to get the armor but Its a good jacket for the price IMO ( 2 X is my size )  
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/73448/i/fly-street-flux-air-mesh-jacket

I looked at the specs on the Fly and I didn't see that it had a sewn in mesh liner like mine does, just a zip out waterproof liner unless they forgot to mention it. So if you take your liner out of your jacket there is nothing but the one layer, the outer mesh material and nothing underneath it? Is that correct? If so, that was the jacket I was looking for in the first place. (My jacket may be for sale soon.)
It has 2 layers of mesh one outer which is more beefy and a thin inner then the Zip out waterproof liner. Because its black it still can be hot if you are not moving but if you are going 30 or more on a 80 degree day you will be fine IMO. I picked it up because my leather jacket was killing me on the 80 degree days in slower traffic that jacket solved it. But you have to up grade the armor so just keep that in mind 22 bucks for the arms and then 35 or more for the back unless you have a jacket you can swap it out of

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

Hey yamahappy, I forgot to mention there also is the Dennis Kirk store up in Rush City. It's a little less than an hour north of St. Paul. They carry Joe Rocket stuff too. If Bob's Cycle Supply doesnt have it in stock it might be worth the trip up there just to be able to try it on before you buy.

• Premium Member
yamahappy74
Hey yamahappy, I forgot to mention there also is the Dennis Kirk store up in Rush City. It's a little less than an hour north of St. Paul. They carry Joe Rocket stuff too. If Bob's Cycle Supply doesnt have it in stock it might be worth the trip up there just to be able to try it on before you buy.
Thanks for the info, man. I always forget about Dennis Kirk. Never actually been. 

bmwpowere36m3

Unfortunately, leather is among the most abrasion resistant materials for motorcycle gear, including breathable and pliable.

Archived