The MT-07 Forum

M4 Exhaust Install Question

jdodd

I have a M4 on the way but will be cutting my headers this weekend. My question is when you cut at the weld, on at least my pipe, there is still a small section of weld that will hold the pipe together once cut free from the cat. My understanding is I would cut this small section so I would have two separate pipes.

Can anyone confirm I am correct? I cant find a picture of the end of the M4 that connects to confirm.

Thanks,

-justin

• Premium Member

Cut the pipes right at the weld before the cat and separate both pipes. It will be fine. I have the M4 in mine too.

So I am putting this together and I have a question. The pipe came with copper high temp anti-seize but no indication of where to use it. It says to put a bead of high temp RTV, which I have on hand, on the pipe.

???

• Premium Member
So I am putting this together and I have a question. The pipe came with copper high temp anti-seize but no indication of where to use it. It says to put a bead of high temp RTV, which I have on hand, on the pipe.  
???
Put the anti-seize around the outside of the stock headers where the M4 exhaust will connect.

What about the RTV they call for in the manual?

I used rtv on the end of the stock header pipes and the anti seize on the threads of the 02 bung and adapter.

• Premium Member

You can use a little bit of the rtv to seal right where the header and M4 exhaust connect to deal from leaks and that's it.

Fearedbynone

you have a little play room also, if you cut it a bit too short. my headers went inside the slip on by about 1.5 to 2 inches.

Archived