The MT-07 Forum

Custom LED Blaster-X tail light switch mounting suggestions?

Fearedbynone

Fearedbynone

i just installed the FZ-07 tail light, and the relay from custom led. looking for ideas on where under the seat to mount the control switch.

if you have the same setup, where did you mount the control switch?

TIA

Dave

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

Can you please post photos of this tail light!? I've been eyeing this thing for a while now...

SigSide.jpg

Fearedbynone

what pictures would you like? i can take any you want. the light is very bright (think headlights in your eyes) and looks good also.

Dave

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

How bright is it in direct sunlight?

SigSide.jpg

Fearedbynone
20160325_1449341_zps1isl4qpk.jpg

i will have to check. the pic with the tail being red, is just the running light. i'll try to get someone to help me with brake light.

its parked inside atm, no sun for my plastics :)

i'll get a sunlight pic later.

Dave

This taillight actually looks pretty bright for an integrated tail. Based on the video from inside the warehouse and turning them on. I have the Motodynamics integrated tail and its crazy bright both sunlight and nighttime!

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |

• Premium Member
i just installed the FZ-07 tail light, and the relay from custom led. looking for ideas on where under the seat to mount the control switch. 

TIA

Dave

@fearedbynone - do you mean that switch?2a1fd9bd6353fcd5472341114e9acdd0.jpg
I left it behind the plastic cover . I usually commute and ride under rain or shine, water doesn't get to it, the switch is still working fine.
I like this tail light, you could program it for different tail light beam .
c801035228215b1731804e5eba417830.jpg

• Premium Member
What is the control switch for?

You could program the light strobe for I believe 12 different settings, you could press the break, and the tail light blinks differently.
Their is maybe a few videos on YouTube that might explain it better than me.

• 1 month later...

TIA

Dave

@fearedbynone - do you mean that switch?2a1fd9bd6353fcd5472341114e9acdd0.jpg I left it behind the plastic cover . I usually commute and ride under rain or shine, water doesn't get to it, the switch is still working fine.
I like this tail light, you could program it for different tail light beam .
c801035228215b1731804e5eba417830.jpg

I left mine sitting under the passenger seat/tool compartment until I find an ideal place to mount it. No real need for immediate access to it anyway.

On my R3 I left it tucked under the seat. For my FZ 07 I changed the settings and took it off the bike. I dont anticipate needing to adjust it again and its just one more thing to be in the way or potentialy cause an issue.

On my R3 I left it tucked under the seat. For my FZ 07 I changed the settings and took it off the bike. I dont anticipate needing to adjust it again and its just one more thing to be in the way or potentialy cause an issue.

Not even as party lights in the garage on demo mode? Lol!

Fearedbynone
this is exactly what i decided to do. i do not even need it. for party mode, i just ground the wire. dont anticipate party mode unless i break down anyway. 
Dave

• 3 weeks later...

I secured mine right above the white label in this photo and with a weird washer I stole from the stock LED bulb, lol.

From a different perspective, I wanted to keep the switch installed because I want access to all the features that I purchased along with the LED taillight. Besides there are how many different modes to chose from if I just feel like changing it up.

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q487/roblogics/IMG_20160519_204014_zpsosysyh2f.jpg

• 1 year later...

Mine is tucked away under the seat where it is easily retrieved it I want to reprogram. I only see using the demo mode if I was pulled over at the scene of an emergency so for me no need to mount the switch.

ABS =  Audible Blinker System. The horn beebs every time I use the blinker

Archived