The MT-07 Forum

Akrapovic Carbon vs Akrapovic Titanium

ritipinheiro

ritipinheiro
check the website. You can listen to the sounds.
Yea i know that but I don't know if the sound of akrapovic titanium is with the catalytic converter...

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker
check the website. You can listen to the sounds.
Yea i know that but I don't know if the sound of akrapovic titanium is with the catalytic converter...
Just about all the forum members did not purchase the catalytic converter when they purchased their Akra system. It is optional and cost an extra $100.  
As far as sound, when you compare the Akra Carbon and Akra Ti with baffles in and no catalytic converter, the Carbon is the loudest no question. If you want a loud system, the Akra Ti with the baffle in will disappoint some, since it is slightly louder than the stock exhaust.

When members removed the baffles on the Akra Carbon and Akra Ti systems they all agreed they are loud. Some preferred the Akra Ti's tone over the Akra Carbon. There were a few members that had the Akra Carbon and put the baffle back in, since they felt it was too loud with the baffle out.

• Premium Member

I've never heard carbon in person but if you remove the baffle from the Akra Ti and drive a few hours without ear plugs your ears will be ringing after. I don't have CC in mine.

I have the carbon myself and have had a play of the titanium, the carbon is by far the loudest due to it being a race can shorty however it does need to be riveted every 1000 miles due to the vibrations

AlbatrossCafe
I have the carbon myself and have had a play of the titanium, the carbon is by far the loudest due to it being a race can shorty however it does need to be riveted every 1000 miles due to the vibrations
wat 
You must have a defective one or something. I have had mine on for about 5k miles, just looked, and I see no issues at all with the rivets. Honestly if an exhaust was sold that was primarily used on the street and it required this kind of maintenance nobody would buy it. I would be pissed if I had to do this.

yamobethere

I just went back through the instruction manual, at no point is there any mention of riveting. @shots1721 I'd contact Akra about that issue

I have the carbon with baffles in. Quiet on idle and as soon as you crack the throttle, it sounds like a can of whoopass just got opened up!

Archived