The MT-07 Forum

Footpeg and handlebar vibration after oil change

gigex

Saim Benli
On 3/23/2016 at 11:59 AM, gigex said:

The chain and sprocket got cleaned and relubed a couple days ago. I used 2.6L of oil (according to the manual), filter was hand tightened and drain bolt was tightened using a torque wrench (according to manual's torque spec). Took her out again and noticed a couple more things. The vibration isn't noticeable at idle or when the clutch is pulled in, only during acceleration and when i cross 4500rpm. The vibration isn't violent. It's more akin to a cell phone's vibration

I did exactly the same thing. After putting 2.6lt of oil I checked the oil level window. Oil level was all the way above the max level. This excessive amount of oil may be the reason of vibration.

• 1 year later...

Bringing up this topic because I have same issue and it started afrer first service on 1000km. On my way home from dealer after first service (oil and filter change, chain cleaned lubricated and adjusted) i started to feal vibration only on my right footpeg about 3 to 4k rpms. I ride it little more agressive after break in period but i don't think that is problem. Dealer service said that this is normal for CP2 engine ... when i'm riding faster and high rpm no problem but it is bit frustrateing when i'm comuteing to and from work. Any of you with same problem solved it or did it just disappeared with time and more miles?

Thanx