The MT-07 Forum

Thoughts about undertail exhaust...

stephen

So I am still kinda new to forums so hopefully I am putting this in the right spot.  My question is has anyone looked at or thought about an under-tail exhaust and could it be done?  My thought that it has the potential to look pretty cool, maybe.

• Global Moderator

With enough money anything can be done. It would probably be cheaper to just buy a previous generation Street Triple though.

There's a guy by the name of Brent Boyd from Ripped Industires on the fz-07 facebook page that made and sold an undertail exhaust. It looked and sounded pretty sweet.

• Premium Member

Yup, would love to see pictures.

My brother welded up custom tri-y headers for his Jaguar. This could be a walk in the park.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

I like his radiator guards, but that undertail exhaust looks straight up home-made. I don't think its quite what TC had in mind.

12376410.jpg

11214311.jpg

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

I like his radiator guards, but that undertail exhaust looks straight up home-made. I don't think its quite what TC had in mind. 

12376410.jpg

11214311.jpg

yeah that's true. havent seen any others.

• Premium Member

Interesting, I must go out and look more carefully under the left side where this one comes up through. Thanks!

I've always liked the looks of them but I always hear about issues with excessive butt heat unless the heat is somehow deflected. There are some that like to keep as much weight as possible as low to the ground as possible (I'm one of them) without causing scraping issues so that the bike can be flicked around quicker. Personally, if it looked hot but wasn't hot (on the ol' blubber biscuits) and didn't affect it's flickablilty too much I think I would like it but I would like a 2-2, under-tail exhaust better. 

Just saw the pics, looks like 2 into 1 into 2 but most of the exhaust would be coming out the left side it appears. I'm not a fan of this faux 2-2 pipe. (poor license plate) Kudos for the effort, though.

Beemer

• Premium Member

I'm not too impressed with the looks, but still great to see it done.

It would always be easier on a single sided swing arm.

I could see doing just a single low profile muffler under the tail.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

Archived