The MT-07 Forum

Flashing/Blinking Gear Indicator - 5th/6th Gear

ch3rryghost

New here guys! Just bought a 2017 fz-07. Not sure if I can resurrect this thread. Here goes. Just cleaned the neutral switch/ gear indicator switch but still not seeing any of the gears indicated on the display. Also the Neutral light and abs light are on all the time. Any ideas? should I replace the switch? Thanks

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, tymeboy said:

New here guys! Just bought a 2017 fz-07. Not sure if I can resurrect this thread. Here goes. Just cleaned the neutral switch/ gear indicator switch but still not seeing any of the gears indicated on the display. Also the Neutral light and abs light are on all the time. Any ideas? should I replace the switch? Thanks

Read through this thread and you'll have your answers. 👍

Cleaning the sensor is first step and if that doesn't resolve the issue replacement of the sensor.

Your ABS light is probably unrelated to the sensor.

Good luck resolving your issue.

Edit. It could be a bad dash... also. I'd try replacing the sensor before I'd send the $$ on the new display.

• Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

So new development. When the bike is running and the kickstand is down the bike as I understand it dies if you put it in gear. MY gear indicator works and the neutral light goes away. The bike dies as it should but is a wire crossed with the kickstand switch that screws with my gear indicator? 

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, tymeboy said:

So new development. When the bike is running and the kickstand is down the bike as I understand it dies if you put it in gear. MY gear indicator works and the neutral light goes away. The bike dies as it should but is a wire crossed with the kickstand switch that screws with my gear indicator? 

I don't see how, the kickstand switch is just an open or closed circuit. 

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.