The MT-07 Forum

Foot Peg Question

Guest ChicagoAJ

Guest ChicagoAJ

New around these parts and tried searching but didn't really find what I was looking for. 

Long story short, I'm looking for a pair of foot pegs to match the passenger pegs on these bikes. After looking online endlessly with very little results, I was wondering if the I could simply get an extra set of passenger pegs from the dealer and use them as the rider pegs; they even have a hole set up for the feelers from the rider pegs it would seem.

Otherwise, I've seen a couple instances where stock R3 rider's pegs are a direct replacement for our foot pegs. I don't want to do a non-folding peg or anything flashy, just a peg without the rubber. 

Any help would be great and thanks in advance!

• Global Moderator

I did R3 pegs for both rider and passenger. They are less than $10 each, are a direct fit, match and look great.

booboobusfz07

EBay has a bunch of metal pegs for our bike just search fz07 pegs or mt07 pegs should only run you like 30$
Or spend the big bucks and get some giles tooling pegs .

Guest ChicagoAJ
I did R3 pegs for both rider and passenger. They are less than $10 each, are a direct fit, match and look great.
Thanks for the reply! This is exactly what I was hoping for. I do have a couple follow up questions if you don't mind: 

1) Did you just order them from a dealer or did you get them online? This was the only part number I could find in relation to the R3 foot pegs. Do they come as one universal peg or do I need more part numbers?

http://www.yamahapartsmonster.com/oemparts/p/yamaha/1wd-f7461-00-00/footrest

2) Do any of them come with the feeler or can I just swap mine over from the stock pegs on the bike now? 

3) Do I need to get any of the other components (springs, ball bearings, the plates the ball bearings rest on) or just the pegs themselves?

UPDATE:

mjh937, if you could just tell me which parts I need, I'd greatly appreciate it.

ape8aw.jpg

• Global Moderator

You need parts 10, 19, 33 and 41. They are all different, but it is easy to tell which goes on which side when you get them. You can reuse all the other parts. I did get four new cotter pins from the hardware store (size 3/32x1), but you could reuse the ones you take out if you remove them carefully. Watch out when you remove the rear pegs as there is a spring and ball bearing that is easy to lose. You will need those. Let me know if you have any more questions. Almost forgot, the feelers will fit in the new pegs. I did not use mine, but that is a personal decision.

Guest ChicagoAJ
You need parts 10, 19, 33 and 41. They are all different, but it is easy to tell which goes on which side when you get them. You can reuse all the other parts. I did get four new cotter pins from the hardware store (size 3/32x1), but you could reuse the ones you take out if you remove them carefully. Watch out when you remove the rear pegs as there is a spring and ball bearing that is easy to lose. You will need those. Let me know if you have any more questions. Almost forgot, the feelers will fit in the new pegs. I did not use mine, but that is a personal decision.
You're awesome, dude! Thanks a ton. 

Guest ChicagoAJ

Doesn't work for me but I grabbed it from the link, the picture changed my mind. I'm going to order these soon, can't really beat the price of 8 bucks a peg. Here it is:

2z5vg1w.jpg

• 4 months later...
Hopefully this photo lists. I gave not tried to do one from my phone before.  
http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a620/mjh937/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpscvdxljlp.jpeg

Okay, I guess anyone interested in seeing my pegs will have to click on the link. Sorry.

I don't know if it's the angle on the picture, but it looks like you have the left side peg on the right side. the grippy part should be facing up, not forward 

VUdQ1Luh.jpg

• Global Moderator

@Raven, it is the angle, they are on correctly. If you notice my photo is taken from a higher angle looking down from above the mounting bracket, yours is from slightly below. I can see the confusion though as it does look quite a bit different from yours.

@raven , it is the angle, they are on correctly. If you notice my photo is taken from a higher angle looking down from above the mounting bracket, yours is from slightly below. I can see the confusion though as it does look quite a bit different from yours.
haha my mistake!  
I did have a chance to ride around the block with the new pegs today, and they work great! I was worried they would feel too short compared to stock, but didn't notice a difference while riding.

@raven , it is the angle, they are on correctly. If you notice my photo is taken from a higher angle looking down from above the mounting bracket, yours is from slightly below. I can see the confusion though as it does look quite a bit different from yours.
haha my mistake!  
I did have a chance to ride around the block with the new pegs today, and they work great! I was worried they would feel too short compared to stock, but didn't notice a difference while riding.

I wish I would have taken the pegs off my r3 before getting rid of it. Lol.

Just incase for future reference for anyone else looking for pegs, there's a place called "Slingshot Racing" that has a bunch of different pegs as well as other parts. I bought a few of their products because they're local here in Norcal Bay Area. I think they do most of their business through mail order though. I haven't purchased from them in a long time, but might be worth look.

Archived