The MT-07 Forum

Will I fit?

scotto

I'm 6'3" with a 36" inseam. I'm 64 yrs. young and not real flexible anymore. Am I too big for a 07? I love bikes with the pegs directly below or slightly (1-2") to the rear and a slight tilt to the upper body toward the handlebars. Sort of think it will look like I'm riding a pit /monkey bike. Biggest concern is legroom. Owned a '01 SV650N and loved it. 07 sounds like it's reincarnation. Will I fit? Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Please Mister Fantasy play us a tune, something to make us all happy.    Stevie Winwood / Traffic, 1967

Guest Ralph

I'am fine at 67 5ft 10" and 33 in seam best way is see if you can
get at least a sit on one, you will likely find the seat a bit hard
so can have that built up for comfort and a bit straighter legs,
other than that the bike is great for us oldy's, nice and light
feels like a 250 but with enough go to keep you interested and you
don't have to rev it hard, with good fuel consumption has well.

twowheeladdict

I would recommend the Versys 650, or Vstrom 650.

I fit fine at 5' 11" 32" inseam, but I couldn't imagine being comfortable at your height and age. I'm 54.

If you want to stay naked and light, the 690 duke or moto guzzi griso.

Good luck.

2015 FZ-07

• Global Moderator

Sure you will fit. Who cares what it looks like,as long as you feel comfortable. The only way to really know is head to a dealer and sit on one.

• Premium Member

I'm 6'3", 34 inseam and I'm pretty comfortable. I did invest in a Corbin seat though. I do find I have to lean forward slightly to get a comfortable bend in my arms, which is easy enough if I just remind myself to relax on the bike. Moving the pegs down and slightly back would probably also improve comfort I think.

IMO I'm splitting hairs a bit, but bottom line is risers and/or different handle bars (or just handle bar position), adjustable rear set, and a comfier seat would benefit a taller rider.

The engine alone is hard to pass up on this bike and like most others, adjustments (aftermarket parts) can be made to suit your size. I suggest going to a dealership and talking with the guys there about it. They should be knowledgeable and there may be one there you can sit on or even test ride. 

Beemer

• Global Moderator

I'm 6'1 32" inseam
bike seemed a bit too upright for my liking.
i moved the pegs back about 2in and dropped the bars 1/2"
now it feels wonderful

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Welcome! Check the Yamaha motorsports website to see what street bike demos are near you. Also, check if a local dealer has a test ride FZ-07 available for you to take out. 

Thanks for all the replies guys. I will check out the ergo website now. I had an '01 SV650N for 12 years so I can have a baseline to compare to. Sorkyah, how did you move the footpegs back 2" if you don't mind me asking?

Please Mister Fantasy play us a tune, something to make us all happy.    Stevie Winwood / Traffic, 1967

• Global Moderator

Thanks for all the replies guys. I will check out the ergo website now. I had an '01 SV650N for 12 years so I can have a baseline to compare to. Sorkyah, how did you move the footpegs back 2" if you don't mind me asking?

i had a set of adapter brackets fabbed up

3ad02e5287fb4447f5680b1c1badccc8.jpg

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Archived