The MT-07 Forum

Track Day Prep ...

jake

• Premium Member

Did another track day took the Buell but one of the coaches was riding a FZ-07 so I had a little chat with him and he said he loved the FZ and wanted one. Thought that was cool.

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

• 2 months later...

What Buell did you use? I did many tracks days on my xb12ss. Love that vtwin. On Technical courses it was a quick bike. Straights... well let's not mention that.
I do have a track purpose bike, Zx7r. Never been big fan of jap 4cylinder but cheap. So who cares when I crash it.

I can tell you this. Love the Fz-07, it really is a kick ass bike. But when you really start to push the bike the limits show up pretty quickly. The Buell and the ninja can trail break much harder and maintain a fast corner speed and plant the power on your way out.

IMO, don't put money in the fz to turn into a track bike(unless your loaded) buy a used super sport/race replica, its already "track ready" with suspension and brakes.

More importantly, you won't worry about crashing the FZ

• Premium Member
What Buell did you use? I did many tracks days on my xb12ss. Love that vtwin. On Technical courses it was a quick bike. Straights... well let's not mention that. I do have a track purpose bike, Zx7r. Never been big fan of jap 4cylinder but cheap. So who cares when I crash it.

I can tell you this. Love the Fz-07, it really is a kick ass bike. But when you really start to push the bike the limits show up pretty quickly. The Buell and the ninja can trail break much harder and maintain a fast corner speed and plant the power on your way out.

IMO, don't put money in the fz to turn into a track bike(unless your loaded) buy a used super sport/race replica, its already "track ready" with suspension and brakes.

More importantly, you won't worry about crashing the FZ
XB9R which is replace by a GSXR 1000 now. The FZ can be what ever you want it to be that's what is so cool about it. I commuted on it the first year I had it put 14,000 on it the first year I had it.  

• Premium Member
Nice 14,000 first year! I'm sure the track days turned you into a knee dragger, always looking for corners, Have you taken the gsxr to the track?
Got a track day in a few weeks! ;) Last one for the season. I'm not a Knee dragger yet but close but I feel each time I hit the track I become a better rider. The only person I'm racing is myself and I love it. I'm aware that the bike is more power than I can use for now but that's the idea.

Archived