The MT-07 Forum

Two brothers with P1X vs Akrapovic Ti

danfz07

First off hello to everyone on the board.  I have been cruising ALL the post for a couple weeks now trying to finalize my exhaust decision and I think I have narrowed it down to these two.  First off I really don't want something I have to wear ear plugs with, just something with deeper tones.  A little louder is fine I just don't want something that is heard for 3 blocks.  I would really like to hear first hand with guys with the two brothers with P1X baffle if that would meet my expectations.  I know the Akra Ti would fit the bill but not as much of a fan of the price.  Looks wise I think the two brothers is better also.  Any assistance before I drop down this much cash would be appreciated.

Thanks and good riding
Dan

• Premium Member

Hearing is overrated get the loudest one ..... I kid.

I like my 2 brothers sounds good its loud not too loud IMO

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

• Premium Member

I bought the baffle but didn't put it in because its sounds good to me as is but I will put it in for my road trip.

• Premium Member

I'll put it in soon and let you know what I think

I have watched that video several times.  Is that you?  I think I have talked myself into the two brothers for no other reason than I can adjust the sound to what I want and do it easily.  So hard to tell just how loud in a video though which is why I was asking for personal experience.  I would just rather spend the cost difference between they two exhaust on a fuel programer and make sure I am doing everything right.  Thanks for the help.  I may have made my mind up.   

• Premium Member

No its not me but will put it in soon to let you know. You wont be disappointed what ever you choose

• Premium Member

I put on the Akra Ti specifically because I want to hear the bike, but I don't want to piss neighbors off, and I don't want to piss myself off on long rides. It definitely fits the bill (for me) with the baffle in. The nice thing is, no ecu mod or fuel controller needed, and if you decide you want more noise and want to get a fuel controller or ECU mod, you can pull the baffle out (so far, I'm not interested).
I commute on a regular basis with some freeway and some streets, and I am totally satisfied with the way it sounds now. Stock was definitely weak.

Why can't left turners see us?

topazsparrow
I put on the Akra Ti specifically because I want to hear the bike, but I don't want to piss neighbors off, and I don't want to piss myself off on long rides. It definitely fits the bill (for me) with the baffle in. The nice thing is, no ecu mod or fuel controller needed, and if you decide you want more noise and want to get a fuel controller or ECU mod, you can pull the baffle out (so far, I'm not interested). I commute on a regular basis with some freeway and some streets, and I am totally satisfied with the way it sounds now. Stock was definitely weak.
Akra Ti seems to be one of only a handful that actually suit the bike too. So many other look like a cheap add on... especially the ones that exit way back on side of the swing arm. Looks like 1980's tech.

• Premium Member

Ok so I didn't realize it had a tip in it already so I took it out here is the outcome yes its loud earplugs would be a must on a ride longer than a hour.

• Premium Member
I put on the Akra Ti specifically because I want to hear the bike, but I don't want to piss neighbors off, and I don't want to piss myself off on long rides. It definitely fits the bill (for me) with the baffle in. The nice thing is, no ecu mod or fuel controller needed, and if you decide you want more noise and want to get a fuel controller or ECU mod, you can pull the baffle out (so far, I'm not interested). I commute on a regular basis with some freeway and some streets, and I am totally satisfied with the way it sounds now. Stock was definitely weak.
Akra Ti seems to be one of only a handful that actually suit the bike too. So many other look like a cheap add on... especially the ones that exit way back on side of the swing arm. Looks like 1980's tech.
I agree 100% about the look. I think it fits the bike perfectly too.  I just love the fact that directly from the front or rear, you don't even see it. 

Why can't left turners see us?

Ok so I didn't realize it had a tip in it already so I took it out here is the outcome yes its loud earplugs would be a must on a ride longer than a hour. 

Thanks Jake, That defiantly looks loud with the tip out.  Almost shook you camera off the bucket!  So normal riding with the tip in, is it tolerable?  Is it something that gets too loud at normal cruising speed? 
Thanks again for everything

Dan 

• Premium Member

No problem Dan I learned something while checking it out.

I like the way is sounds, but I would say if you are going on a long trip bring earplugs or have some music.

jake

Sounds great and with the tip in it seems to be as loud as my Akra CF pipe (with db killah in) while in my garage. I wish they could sound that good all the time. Outside in the open they lose something. 

Beemer

• Premium Member
jake 
Sounds great and with the tip in it seems to be as loud as my Akra CF pipe (with db killah in) while in my garage. I wish they could sound that good all the time. Outside in the open they lose something. 
I think what ever exhaust you get you will be happy IMO. I was holding on to my stocker thinking I was ok with how quiet it was haha. The second you put that exhaust on you realize that was what it was missing and 30 or more years just instantly came off your life lol.

jake 
I think what ever exhaust you get you will be happy IMO. I was holding on to my stocker thinking I was ok with how quiet it was haha. The second you put that exhaust on you realize that was what it was missing and 30 or more years just instantly came off your life lol.
Exactly! When I actually heard mine for the first time (long after hearing it stock) I had a feeling I would be visiting my old cot in county from 25 yrs. ago, it made me want to do bad things! Heh!  P-)

Beemer

Thanks for all the help everyone. I think I am leaning to the two brothers with the P1X but considering the black edition. Would like to see a pic with one on the bike. Also not sure if it is any louder.

Dan

I have the two bros on mine. It came with the P1 tip and I replaced that with the P1X and ride with that 90% of the time. Still has a great bark when you get on the throttle but is tolerable for freeway cruising and everyday riding. The thing I really like about the 2bros is that if I want to be loud...it takes all of a minute to pull the tip out and run it completely free (where they can hear you blocks away).
really can't tell the sound diff on video but here is my bike with p1x and straight
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCa1SFx5gI0zKYh7rdWm_6Q

Archived