The MT-07 Forum

Thinking about selling my 2016 Fz07

ctrlsave

Thinking about selling my Fz07 already. What do you guys think I should ask for it? 2016, less than 500 miles, never dropped, no damage, Akropovic Ti exhaust, power commander 5, Woodcraft clip ons, motodynamic integrated tail light, yoshimura fender eliminator, oxford led front signals, brake fluid resevoir relocation, driven bar end mirrors. Painted matte black with blurple wheels and frame. Not sure how to price this.

still saying about 6000 and sum change. put it up 6800.
Lol, I posted this in 3 places. The answers came quickly on FB. I got all the info I needed from you and the others. I really appreciate it.

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

I would remove the aftermarket parts and sell the bike stock and the parts separately as you won't gain value from those items installed unless you found the perfect buyer for your setup.

SigSide.jpg

Sell the aftermarket parts separately. Price sold with the parts on will probally be close to the same without the parts anyways. Might as well spend the time changing back to stock and make more money. Some people actually like bikes to be stock so they can do what they want with it themselves. Keep me in mind for your Akra TI though. Lol. I am planning to purchase one in the near future.

twowheeladdict

I always put my bikes back to stock if possible. I hold onto the accessories until after the bike sells. Once the new owner has paid me, I offer the upgrades to him at a discounted price. Whatever he doesn't take goes out on the forums. I've recouped 50% - 80% of purchase price depending on the part and its' popularity.

2015 FZ-07

pic? want to see how the matte black looks just out of curiosity
Sorry, just saw your request. I'll snap a pic tomorrow. The only one I have in my phone is from the rear so you can't get a good look. I'll post soon.

• Premium Member
yamahappy74

I got $6000 for my bone stock 2015 with 1754 miles on the clock just a couple of weeks ago. Yours is definitely worth more without the extra parts.

pic? want to see how the matte black looks just out of curiosity
Sorry, just saw your request. I'll snap a pic tomorrow. The only one I have in my phone is from the rear so you can't get a good look. I'll post soon.
Here you go @albatrosscafe4b54ab48755bfdf6341490149bd31865.jpg43f376f20eada592a4bf3aef47410301.jpg

Haha nice thanks. I thought it would be more of a significant change - I can barely tell the difference. Looks good either way!
Well, it used to be the 2016 silver color with blue front fender so it was a big change for my bike. But yes, it is very similar to the 2015 dark grey. In fact I looked at pictures of the dark grey before deciding the matte black haha.

• 1 month later...

So may I ask why everyone is selling all of their fz07's so quickly after buying them?!?! Im planning ahead and will be buying the 2016 armor grey/hi viz green model, and have already bought some gear to match it, and im just a little nervous now because everyone seems to be getting rid of theirs.... I have sat on one and its super nice as far as I can tell without a legit T&E..... Any info???

The FZ07 is a fantastic bike, it's great for a lot of different types of riding but there is no single bike that is perfect for everyone and every riding style. I was a little hesitant when I was shopping this spring but it only took a test ride to confirm that the FZ07 was the right bike for me. It does more things well than it doesn't.

Take a test ride, you'll see if it's the right bike for you.

2016 Raven (White) ~ Akrapovic Carbon Exhaust / 2WDW ECU Flash / CRG LS Mirrors / Seat Concepts Seat / Givi Windscreen / OES Sliders / R6 Throttle Tube / Ohlins YA419 & NIX22

Guest 2wheeler

Having owned 50-60 motorcycles in my life, I have second guessed myself many times! Why the hell did I sell that bike??? Of course the dreaded one is, Why did I BUY that bike!!!

Motorcycle owners are quirky, and the younger you are, it is usually worse!

The longer you have the same bike, arguably the safer you are as you learn the ways of that bike - what it will and will not do. When you get into an emergency situation, I believe the better you know your bike, the greater chance you have to come out of it unhurt.

Having said that, I'm getting old enough that I just want to ride. I was out for a 50 miler today, and after 2000 miles on my FZ, I'm consistently amazed at how much fun this bike is to ride! It's light, flickable, and darn perky. I don't see me getting the itch to get something new anytime soon. Plus, after I did a 250 mile day, and felt great, I truly believe that I could do a cross country ride on this bike. Zombiphone proved that was quite possible! Guess you call that a versatile motorcycle.

Like folks have said, test ride one. Unless it is a dealer demo day or a used bike at the dealer, you probably will have to try to test ride one from somebody seeling it privately in your area.

The 2016 with the hi viz green wheels is cool. It wasn't out yet when I bought my silver/blurple model.

• Premium Member
So may I ask why everyone is selling all of their fz07's so quickly after buying them?!?! Im planning ahead and will be buying the 2016 armor grey/hi viz green model, and have already bought some gear to match it, and im just a little nervous now because everyone seems to be getting rid of theirs.... I have sat on one and its super nice as far as I can tell without a legit T&E..... Any info???
People have different reasons.  Some are looking for something more long distance capable, some want something more sport oriented, and some just decide the don't ride enough to justify owning one.  Don't let it scare you.  The FZ is a great all around bike and is prefect for commuting or just tooling around.  If that's the kind of riding you want to do, then you hit the jackpot. :) 

Why can't left turners see us?

• Global Moderator

When you concider there are over 4,000 members here and I suspect most of them own an FZ-07 there are not really that many guys selling. The vast majority are happily keeping their bike. I know I am.

Have to ask what type of pain you used for the fenders. That matte black looks really good. Any issues with rubbing off peeling?

Thanks for the info. I am definitely getting the fz07. And your right_ there's seriously no used fz07's anywhere haha! I am stoked about my purchase.

Archived