The MT-07 Forum

Chi-Town riders check in

qjohnson

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

Hey everyone, I currently reside in Iowa but visit Chicago all the time (Attended college there and still have a few friends in the area). The Doomsday ride sounds fun. Maybe we could get a group ride together some time?

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
Well I used to...does that count :)

LOL me too -- then I got tired of shoveling snow and moved to the desert 11 years ago :)

Hey everyone, I currently reside in Iowa but visit Chicago all the time (Attended college there and still have a few friends in the area). The Doomsday ride sounds fun. Maybe we could get a group ride together some time?
Doomsday is a lot of fun. I think it's every October. Thousands of bikes cruising through the city and surrounding areas.

I'm down for a group ride tho!

• 1 month later...

Sycamore Il here. Just got my fz 07 and am working on the break in....don' want to run it really hard.
Nice! For the break in as long as you stay away from high rpm's and keep them varying you'll be fine. No need to baby it.

• Premium Member

I'd join a group ride now the snow is gone. I have some work to do on the bike, EJK just arrived and Ixil hyperlow should be here in a couple of weeks. But I just want to get out and ride now.

• 1 month later...

Sup guys, new Chicago fz07 rider checking in, I'm on the north side and would be in for a meet/greet/ride.

Hi, where on the North side? I'm up in Gurnee...
Near lakeview/north center..I'm like on the border of the 2 neighborhoods

• 1 month later...
splytsecond

Newbie from the western suburbs Naperville/Aurora area here

Fastb4ck is that bike on craigsltist right now? thought I saw one for sale form your neck of the woods

• 2 weeks later...
Fastb4ck is that bike on craigsltist right now? thought I saw one for sale form your neck of the woods
Haha it was, I had an itch for a street triple for a bit, but changed my mind and started to mod the fz instead 

Also, Is anyone interested in getting a local FZ meet up going? I'd be willing to ride out to the burbs somewhere, we could pick Schaumburg or something central to everyone?

splytsecond
Haha it was, I had an itch for a street triple for a bit, but changed my mind and started to mod the fz instead 

Also, Is anyone interested in getting a local FZ meet up going? I'd be willing to ride out to the burbs somewhere, we could pick Schaumburg or something central to everyone?

I'd be down for something

FZ community in here lagging lol, I'm still in if you want to get together for a coffee, I have a coupe of buddies that ride that wouldn't mind joining (different bikes)

splytsecond
FZ community in here lagging lol, I'm still in if you want to get together for a coffee, I have a coupe of buddies that ride that wouldn't mind joining (different bikes)
We could do that, I've got a couple buddies that might be down as well.  Either that or a small brewery or something.  Most of the guys I ride with have harleys, and one with a stretched gsxr1000 haha, kindof an odd bunch

Yeah small brewery could be fun, Half Acre is in Chicago, Two brothers somewhere out in the burbs, or whatever else you know of.

• Premium Member

Haven't been on here for a couple of weeks. But I'm still interested too and could head down to somewhere like Schaumburg as a starting point.
I had a pint of Two Brothers last night - would definitely like to visit that brewery. I was up at New Glarus last month, but in the car with the wife.
I'm heading abroad tomorrow but will be back on July 27th so anytime after that is good for me.

• Premium Member

I'm working on the 7th, but 8th or 9th would be OK for me. Right now I don't have a preference which one.

splytsecond
I'm in for the 8th, how about you splytsecond?
thats the girlfriends birthday so that day probably wont work for me unfortunately 
was looking around for breweries the other day and really want to get down to half acre up on the northside.  

just a maybe, but the mustang club i run with some friends is doing a sunrise cruise up LSD to sheridan all the way north that will end at full moon cafe.  thinking of taking off like 5 or 10 min after them with a small group of bikes.  its sunday the 16th at like 5am

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
I'm still free on the 8th... Do you still want to meet up? If we are going to Two Brothers I can meet up anywhere North of there as I'll be coming from Gurnee.

splytsecond
I'm still free on the 8th... Do you still want to meet up? If we are going to Two Brothers I can meet up anywhere North of there as I'll be coming from Gurnee.
I'll be out of town this weekend but a buddy of mine just bought a red fz07 as well. He plans to paint it yellow like his mustangs have been but wanted the black Frame so he bought red. I'm sure he'll chime in here at some point but. When I'm back I'm sure he'd be down to cruise if we're still trying to put something together

Oh hey there guy! 
Ill be picking up my bike this Thursday but will probably be a week or two before my basic riders course certificate shows up for me to get my M class. 

Def down for some Chicagoland FZ meets though! I'm on the far NWside of Chicago and work in Niles. 

splytsecond
Oh hey there guy! 
Ill be picking up my bike this Thursday but will probably be a week or two before my basic riders course certificate shows up for me to get my M class. 

Def down for some Chicagoland FZ meets though! I'm on the far NWside of Chicago and work in Niles. 
there goes the neighborhood...

• Premium Member

OK no problem, maybe another time..
So instead I'm going to ride up to Milwaukee to check out some other bikes at a couple of dealers. As much as I love the 07, I'm thinking about trading up to something bigger.

Archived