The MT-07 Forum

Chi-Town riders check in

qjohnson

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So nobody's from the Chicago area huh? I guess that good for me haha less bikes like mine:)

• Premium Member

I'm about 40 minutes North of Chicago (Gurnee), but am still waiting for my FZ-07 to arrive. Spoke to the dealer this afternoon - he's showing a delivery date of 8/12 (i.e. today) but I'm in Miami right now so will hopefully get it this weekend!

@craigm I've been to gurnee a few times. Have you ever heard of the Ridechi doomsday ride?

@thestache yeah I'll give you some brownie points for that haha. Was that in your cruiser days?

So wait. If your dealer in north Chicago is getting yours today. You think my dealer in south Chicago should be getting mine in too? I'm gonna have to give them a call tomorrow morning!

• Premium Member

No, I've never heard of that. I've only been in Gurnee 18 months, I'm from the UK! So I'll look that up on google...

Well, I've been hearing my bike should be delivered any day for the last 3 or 4 weeks! So I'm not holding my breath. But this is the first time they said a specific date had been given. I'm going to be calling them every day now until they have it!

TwistedTorque

Considering the Yamaha warehouse is in Ellwood, Ill, I would hope that date is accurate. Most dealers on the east coast get their shipments from that warehouse. My dealer is waiting for mine to come from there and said "sometime this week."

Sweet! I'm gonna give my dealer a call today and see when the ETA on my bike is. But for the doomsday ride it's like 1000 or more bikers that meet up for basically one last hoorah in October. We cruise the city and stop somewhere at the end for a little stunt show. It's hosted by ridechi on Facebook. Lots of squids and idiots on ridechi but it's worth checking out.

@craigm I've been to gurnee a few times. Have you ever heard of the Ridechi doomsday ride?  
@thestache yeah I'll give you some brownie points for that haha. Was that in your cruiser days?
Nope in my Navy basic days, and I bought my first bike from a dealer i believe in Libertyville, a Honda Nighthawk 550

Nope in my Navy basic days, and I bought my first bike from a dealer i believe in Libertyville, a Honda Nighthawk 550
Nice!  

Gave my dealer a call today. The said my bike shipped from portland Oregon 4 days ago so I should expect it either this weekend or the beginning of next week. Their getting 2 graphite ones and a red one.

Gave my dealer a call today. The said my bike shipped from portland Oregon 4 days ago so I should expect it either this weekend or the beginning of next week. Their getting 2 graphite ones and a red one.
Qjohnoson, make sure to check with them periodically. My dealer told me "next week" as the bike was in Atlanta, I live in Nashville....next week turned into 2 weeks and would have went longer unless I had called him several times.  
AND GRATS DUDE....u are gonna have a blast

• Premium Member

I agree. I was told it would be here in July (one of each colour). Turned out none arrived in July, then the red and white arrived first week of August. Then I was told mine was on it's way from Oregon too, but then that turned out to be the white one instead.
Then mine was "in the Chicago warehouse" and should be here any day now. The latest was that it should be delivered on 8/12. I'm still waiting and no calls from the dealer, I'm having to call them.
Frustrating that you can order a $10 accessory and track it and get an accurate delivery date, but Yamaha and the dealers can't track a bike and provide an accurate delivery date. The dealer blames Yamaha for the lack of information.
Rant over! :)

TwistedTorque
I agree. I was told it would be here in July (one of each colour). Turned out none arrived in July, then the red and white arrived first week of August. Then I was told mine was on it's way from Oregon too, but then that turned out to be the white one instead. Then mine was "in the Chicago warehouse" and should be here any day now. The latest was that it should be delivered on 8/12. I'm still waiting and no calls from the dealer, I'm having to call them.
Frustrating that you can order a $10 accessory and track it and get an accurate delivery date, but Yamaha and the dealers can't track a bike and provide an accurate delivery date. The dealer blames Yamaha for the lack of information.
Rant over! :)
Trust me you are not alone in this. It's kind of ridiculous in so many ways. My dealer showed me his inventory screen last week and it said confirmed for august with no date but he somehow knew he was getting a shipment this week. Still no word. >:D

Qjohnoson, make sure to check with them periodically. My dealer told me "next week" as the bike was in Atlanta, I live in Nashville....next week turned into 2 weeks and would have went longer unless I had called him several times.  
AND GRATS DUDE....u are gonna have a blast
Thanks man! Yeah I've been checking with them periodically. The dealer I bought mine from is known for good customer service so I trust them. They told me as soon as they get it in the will call me. One of my co-workers bought an fz-09 from the same place and they called him promptly as soon as it came in. I'll still keep calling them though because I'm so anxious to ride it hahaha. 

Ohhh Man!! Mines gotta be close!! I'm gonna give them a call today. I would imagine yours was on the same shipment from Oregon as mine.

Just called them. They said its in the local warehouse and they called and said they needed it today. So hopefully it will be there today and if not then they said most likely tomorrow! Holy sheet I'm excited haha.

• Premium Member

I'm excited too now!!! But I had to talk to the sales manager last week. He said the bike had been there a while in the warehouse but they won't just ship 1 bike to a dealer as it's not cost effective. So when I said was fed up waiting and I'd found one in stock 40 miles away, he then came back and said they could get it here on Monday. Seems like they can make it happen if really pushed.

Yeah that's what they were saying when I called. They didn't wanna ship until the truck was full. They did say they were expecting the shipment today and if not tomorrow. If it's not here by tomorrow I may have to get a little assertive with them. I would like to actually ride this season lol.

Soo richs Yamaha in Lockport has a red fz07 in stock in case anyone was wondering. Their awesome people. That's where I got mine.

• 2 weeks later...

So anyone plan on going to or heard of the doomsday ride in Chicago? It's October 5th (Sunday). I went last year and it was a blast. Over 1000 bikes easily. There's so many of us that the cops block off the streets to let us through lol. I'm going again this year. Anyone else?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived