The MT-07 Forum

Heh heh, pretty cool electric bike review

yamahappy74

Are you sure that bike is not set on "Rocket fuel" mode?
Can't wait for those electric bikes to be more affordable.

I predict the move to electric vehicles, 2 and 4 wheel, will happen overnight. Once the battery technology is dialed in, you won't want internal combustion anymore. Nobody will.

“The real cycle you're working on is a cycle called yourself.”
— Robert M. Pirsig (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values)

• Premium Member
yamahappy74

I actually like the way they sound. It's different, and quieter, but it reminds me of what you hear in futuristic sci-fi flicks.

• Premium Member

If they weren't so freakin' expensive!
Man, talk about "Monster of Torque"!

Why can't left turners see us?

• Premium Member
Mission was in the process of producing an even better looking and streetable bike, but unfortunately the company went completely under last year  :-[ .  
http://www.cheatsheet.com/automobiles/how-motorcycle-manufacturer-mission-motors-went-bankrupt.html/?a=viewall

that site also has this article: http://www.cheatsheet.com/automobiles/10-fastest-electric-motorcycles-0-60.html/?a=viewall

lists a bunch of fast electric bikes... 
it's crazy that that article was written in mid-2014.

• Premium Member

I've actually been following these guys for a while, because an electric motorcycle has so much cool potential.
Zero Motorcycles
The batteries keep getting better, along with the range, performance and price.
It'll happen. :)

• Premium Member

Here's another pretty cool vid...
I must admit, the sound is actually a little irritating too me. Too much like a circular saw.
[video src=https://youtu.be/6EI6IhNqGCU]

• Global Moderator
I've actually been following these guys for a while, because an electric motorcycle has so much cool potential. Zero Motorcycles

I was scheduled for a demo online at a the local dealer...
but turns out theyre only open friday and saturday

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member
I must admit, the sound is actually a little irritating too me. Too much like a circular saw. 

hah. true. at first it sounds like the old nuclear alarm sirens

Guest Ralph

They are lapping the IOM TT at over 100 mph average they only do one 30 odd mile
lap so that's from a standing start.

No doubt the need for noise will lead to electrics being fitted with amps and speakers

and the bike will be able to sound like anything you like priced to match the noisy

exhaust you no longer need. 

Price range and recharge time put me off but they will get there, 
I dont care what makes it go as long as it does the job I want.

Imagine batteries being dispensed like propane tanks. A long trip across the country with battery swap stations instead of gas stations. With the government currently offering incentives to buy electric cars, I could see it getting involved in such a program no matter how many pitfalls it may have.

“The real cycle you're working on is a cycle called yourself.”
— Robert M. Pirsig (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values)

twowheeladdict
I've actually been following these guys for a while, because an electric motorcycle has so much cool potential. Zero Motorcycles

I was all set to buy a zero dual sport for quietly exploring in the woods so I could sneak up on animals, but then I found out that I would have to pay more in TN than other states because TN didn't participate in the electric vehicles rebate program.

2015 FZ-07

• Premium Member

I was scheduled for a demo online at a the local dealer... but turns out theyre only open friday and saturday
Wait, there's a local dealer for Zero? I thought they were only in Cali

• Global Moderator
I was scheduled for a demo online at a the local dealer... but turns out theyre only open friday and saturday
Its in mesa
Grand Canyon Cycles
http://www.grandcanyoncycles.com

• Premium Member
yamahappy74
They are lapping the IOM TT at over 100 mph average they only do one 30 odd mile lap so that's from a standing start.

No doubt the need for noise will lead to electrics being fitted with amps and speakers

and the bike will be able to sound like anything you like priced to match the noisy

exhaust you no longer need. 

Price range and recharge time put me off but they will get there, 
I dont care what makes it go as long as it does the job I want.
Why does it need noise, again? I can't see a single reason why a bike needs to be noisy. 

• Premium Member
phicurious86
Its in mesa Grand Canyon Cycles
http://www.grandcanyoncycles.com
I went there and test road a zero S last year. It was pretty sick, but still too range limited and pricey.

• Premium Member
phicurious86
Why does it need noise, again? I can't see a single reason why a bike needs to be noisy.
At least two reasons. First the noise is exhilarating. Makes the riding experience more fun to hear that engine ramp up through the exhaust as you're opening the throttle. Puts a smile on my face, that otherwise wouldn't be there. Second, noise is actually pretty important for letting someone know where you are when you're in a blind spot or they are not paying attention. When I ride my bicycle I really rely on my ears to alert me when things are approaching from behind or the sides. Even on my motorcycle with my earplugs in I use my ears quite a bit.   
Another story. My girlfriend has a Prius that I drive on occasion and you wouldn't believe how many pedestrians just walk across a cross walk with the heads down listening to music. I have to be really careful turning right when there's any traffic, because I can't see across the walk, and they can't hear me. Don't have that issue on my bike, should see their heads snap up when I blip the throttle approaching the turn.

• Global Moderator
At least two reasons. First the noise is exhilarating. Makes the riding experience more fun to hear that engine ramp up through the exhaust as you're opening the throttle. Puts a smile on my face, that otherwise wouldn't be there. Second, noise is actually pretty important for letting someone know where you are when you're in a blind spot or they are not paying attention. When I ride my bicycle I really rely on my ears to alert me when things are approaching from behind or the sides. Even on my motorcycle with my earplugs in I use my ears quite a bit.   
Another story. My girlfriend has a Prius that I drive on occasion and you wouldn't believe how many pedestrians just walk across a cross walk with the heads down listening to music. I have to be really careful turning right when there's any traffic, because I can't see across the walk, and they can't hear me. Don't have that issue on my bike, should see their heads snap up when I blip the throttle approaching the turn.

Your bike's exhaust will wake the dead though
not much there to worry about

As for the range on the Zeros
they apparantly upgraded the battery and charging system late last year

So what we have here is a real cool, fast, expensive, electric machine that doesn't sound good, still leaves a carbon foot print and forces you to return home before you are ready to, depending on where you want to go. My FZ-07 just keeps looking better and better.

Beemer

• Global Moderator
So what we have here is a real cool, fast, expensive, electric machine that doesn't sound good, still leaves a carbon foot print and forces you to return home before you are ready to, depending on where you want to go. My FZ-07 just keeps looking better and better.
noit too sure about that one beemer... 
most of the Zero motos are 100miles or so to a charge thats pretty similar to some of the naked triples out there.
still need to go take a demo ride...
I wouldnt mind owning one

Archived